First Thor makes all these claims about blackberry focusing on mobile computing.

Then he says PlayBook can't run bb10.

Now we see all these videos of " bb10 mobile computing " using miracast, usb host, etc....

What I want to know is why can't the PlayBook be used to In the same capacity.?

Could they not develop a feature to work over bridge that would allow me to use my PlayBook as a larger interface to control my bb10 phone ?

Basically how you can rdp from one pc to another pc. The host pc (bb10 device in this case) still does all the workload and the client pc (playbook) would just provide a video output and touch input?

Am I the only one who sees how this could be useful?

Posted on a Post-It!
    10-17-13 05:24 PM
    CEO Thorsten Heins explain due to the 1.5GB HZ there's a restriction and won't work seamlessly and efficiently as it would with 2GB Ram like the devices on blackberry 10 and they would not want to launch something that will ultimately fail. There's a video about him talking with Kevin michlklauk from crack-berry they're making some improvements as I recall and hear but don't get your hopes up I don't think it will be wise for blackberry to invest in the tablet market as they've only sold a little over a thousands unit looking at the grand scale of things it's nothing really!

With all do respect BlackBerry PlayBook is a really good device in terms if your just using it for your daily use such as surfing the Internet,listening to music,the downside is if your an app freak it won't appeal to your needs as the apps available in blackberry world are limited but make not mistake there succinct and the multi-tasking is unique in comparison to other tablets! In addition it's a really good opportunity if your thinking of buying a tablet due to its price reduction which is a bargain really.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by A_walarus; 10-19-13 at 05:22 PM.
    10-17-13 05:33 PM
    Playbook is dead so quit trying to believe in a dream. The hardware is outdated and way past it's prime in terms of real horsepower, CPU, Memory, Chipsets just to name a few. Unless they come out with NEW hardware not a old playbook it will never happen. Lenovo could make this happen easily if they decided to buy Blackberry.

The OS is pretty much ready and would need to be optimized to what ever device lenovo would have and could be in consumers hands. But see how everything shakes out. I for one wouldn't see this happening anytime soon. Much bigger things need to be done internally before ever considering the suicide mission again.
    10-17-13 05:33 PM
    With the OS alone it take 800-900 Megs so that does not leave much for any app to load, the processor is ok though it's only 1Ghz, it would work the same if it was not of the memory constraint. At least with have now the bridge on BB10 and the playbook now :|
    10-17-13 05:40 PM
    I beg to differ. I use my PlayBook daily connected to one of my 27" monitors and using a Apple BT keyboard and Apple BT mouse. Works like a charm.

Mobile computing all day everyday.

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    10-17-13 09:02 PM
    I think before we get too deep into the advanced parts of "mobile computing" of the PlayBook let's not forget we BlackBerry 10 users can no longer bridge worth sh�t. My PlayBook makes me miss my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:08 PM
    There are enough PBs out there to make it worthwhile. Give it (the software update) to a low cost developer and charge $25 for the update.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:13 PM
    It seems my thought has been missed.

Forget the hardware specs of the PlayBook not being able to run bb10, and look at the hardware it's self.

You have a lcd screen and a bezel. Just like on the z10.

Again forgetting about the OS for a second here, every gesture you can do on the z10 can be done on the PlayBook.

You can use external keyboard and mouse with both devices over blue tooth. And you can send your video output to another device over miracast or micro hdmi.

What in saying is use the PlayBook as a input/output device for the bb10 os device.

Essentially a dumb screen that does no processing, just input of the touch, and output of the screen.

Posted on a Post-It!
    10-18-13 09:15 AM
    It seems my thought has been missed.

Forget the hardware specs of the PlayBook not being able to run bb10, and look at the hardware it's self.

You have a lcd screen and a bezel. Just like on the z10.

Again forgetting about the OS for a second here, every gesture you can do on the z10 can be done on the PlayBook.

You can use external keyboard and mouse with both devices over blue tooth. And you can send your video output to another device over miracast or micro hdmi.

What in saying is use the PlayBook as a input/output device for the bb10 os device.

Essentially a dumb screen that does no processing, just input of the touch, and output of the screen.

Posted on a Post-It!
    I'm going to have to assume that my knowledge on this is up to date, but isn't it not that the playbook can share processing power with other playbooks?

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-18-13 09:59 AM