I was just messing about with my Z, playing about, and it occurred to me that I have pretty much never used the central search icon on the Home screen. I use the phone icon all day long, and the camera icon is ideally located, but the search icon gathers virtual dust in the middle, taking up space. IMHO it should be moved to the top slide down, leaving the middle icon for:

- Browser
    - VIP speed dial
    - Other configurable option, app launch, etc.

Thoughts?
    10-03-13 04:47 PM
    Yeah I agree with you. What I really wish was that we could truly move all the icons around. But alas, I don't think this will happen.
    10-03-13 05:08 PM
    I disagree, phone and camera are hardware dependent in ways and the search is in case you lose something, what I really want is the ability to hide or simply de activate all the redundant app icons like hub, camera, settings etc. It seems dumb to have and is simply appealing to dumb iPhone users who need a square button

Via CB10
    10-03-13 05:46 PM
    I disagree, phone and camera are hardware dependent in ways and the search is in case you lose something, what I really want is the ability to hide or simply de activate all the redundant app icons like hub, camera, settings etc. It seems dumb to have and is simply appealing to dumb iPhone users who need a square button

Via CB10
    Thanks, I'm clear what the search is for, I'm simply not convinced it needs to be in the lower icon tray as it gets next to no use.
    10-03-13 06:34 PM
    When you start using it you won't be able to go back. Its powerful and increased efficiency.

Its more than just a search, you can trigger calls, texts, search apps etc. No longer have to look for anything, just type it

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:32 AM
    OK, maybe I should try using it... however I did use it before making this thread. I tried entering a full URL in the search box. What I wanted was a browser option to launch in context to the URL. All I got was Bing...
    10-04-13 08:49 AM

Via CB10
    Hub and Text Messages icons are removable in recent 10.2 leaks. They are called "shortcuts."

Also: the search function is far to useful to hide it. I use it constantly on my Q10. Every call is triggered by "call bob blah law" and click return.

I can see how it's a bit different for you touchscreeners, but it can be very powerful.
    10-04-13 09:56 AM
    It's pretty useful for some people. You can post to FB or Twitter straight from search along with texting. Tw for tweet. FB for Facebook and txt for text. It pops up a dedicated tweet/post button.
    10-04-13 01:28 PM
    I use search a lot, very powerful shortcut to everything you have on the phone. It's so good that iOS7 has added a swipe up to offer the same functionality as the BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:26 PM