Hi everyone,

I currently own a curve 3G and I will most likely purchase a Q10 very soon (it should be quite an upgrade !!). I am running OS 6 and I was wondering if I was going to be able to sync data between the two devices. The main data I�d like to migrate are :
    - contacts
    - text auto fill
    - wifi profiles

Thank you for you input !

jtflyer
    05-08-13 01:58 AM
    Hey jtflyer,

Check this site: Transfer from iPhone & Android to BlackBerry 10 Smartphones - Canada

Here you should find how-to and what you can transfer from OS6 to OS10
    05-08-13 02:50 AM
    Perfect! Thank you, I hadn't found such a topic on Blackberry france website
    05-08-13 03:59 AM
    Hi everyone,

I currently own a curve 3G and I will most likely purchase a Q10 very soon (it should be quite an upgrade !!). I am running OS 6 and I was wondering if I was going to be able to sync data between the two devices. The main data I’d like to migrate are :
    - contacts
    - text auto fill
    - wifi profiles

Thank you for you input !

jtflyer
    As someone who went from a 9700 to a Z10, I will agree that it is quite an upgrade.

You're definitely doing the right thing by researching what will transfer between devices now, rather than after you've bought the Q10. In my experience, of the three items you listed only Contacts will make the migration. BlackBerry Link is VERY different from Desktop Manager, and there is no user control over which databases get backed up or restored in Link. Also, as of right now, Link does not perform two-way synchronization with Outlook. Link will only offer you the option to import data from Outlook to your BlackBerry.

BBRY is actively improving Link, and two-way sync is on the roadmap. But if you're accustomed to checking off select items from the list of databases in Desktop Manager, I'll warn you now that those controls simply aren't there in Link.

Bottom line: as a user who made the move from OS6 to OS10, the hardware and OS are phenomenal...but the desktop utility is sorely lacking.
    mvirard likes this.
    05-08-13 07:17 AM
    ADVANCED WARNING!

When using ActiveSync (and presumably other email synching protocols) all deletes commands cause the email to get deleted from the server as well as your device. This is true for the "Delete Prior" command that on the old BBs would delete the emails prior to a date just from the handheld.

I.E. Don't get bit by this change in fucntionality.
    05-08-13 10:39 AM
    That's it, I have my new Q10 !

It is indeed quite an upgrade from my curve 9300 and I love it so far. The migration went well and the only data I wished had synced was my text auto fill words so I adding them when necessary.

The only gripe I had was gmail not deleting email but I've now fixed!

Great upgrade!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-24-13 02:58 AM
    I'll be doing the same move, but I only want to migrate over my contacts (I like to start fresh on a new phone). Since link won't let me select only contacts, would the simplest thing to do is to delete all other info before doing the migration?
    06-04-13 08:50 AM
    I'll be doing the same move, but I only want to migrate over my contacts (I like to start fresh on a new phone). Since link won't let me select only contacts, would the simplest thing to do is to delete all other info before doing the migration?
    I wanted a clean slate as well, so I synced my contacts with Google on my 9800, then again when setting up my Z10. I didn't use Link at all.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:27 AM