I've finally reached my Verizon contract end date for my existing Android phone, and have a brand new BB Classic.

Now what do I do? It's been years since I last owned a Blackberry - a Bold as I recall. Ideally, I want to do the following to get setup on the new phone. I assume some of these tasks are difficult or maybe impossible - has anyone else made a similar migration, who can offer advice?

I'll also do some research and post back here as I figure things out.

1) Migrate my SMS text messages - save to my SIM card and import into BB10?
    2) Access all of my Gmail contacts from the new phone
    3) Connect to my 2 Gmail accounts
    4) Connect to my enterprise MS Mail account
    5) Install some key apps: Facebook, LinkedIn, Evernote, Salesforce
    6) Back the whole thing up
    06-18-15 05:20 PM
    Welcome back to Blackberry! I don't own a classic but I'm thinking everything you would like to do should be simple to accomplish.

Good luck
    06-18-15 06:49 PM
    First step, download and install BlackBerry Link. That is how you'll back the device up and setup wireless access to your PC from your device and a few other functions.

Next, I would add your email aacounts. There are many great sources on how to do that on crackberry.com, BlackBerrys' own site, youtube, Google etc.

You can use the stock apps for FB, T, Linkedin etc to start with. Just add your accounts to them.

Make sure your OS and all apps are up to date.

That should keep you busy for a few minutes.

When done those items I recommend downloading and installing BlackBerry Blend to your computer and tablet. That enables you to get your emails, texts, BBM on your desktop and makes transferring files between device and computer a breeze

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    06-18-15 07:05 PM
    You can use an app called Device Switch by Media Mushroom to transfer between the two devices. I haven't used it in a while, but I know it worked. Download to Android via Google Play and onto the BlackBerry through BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 07:16 PM