Hi! Is there somebody who knows how to backup BlackBerry passport browser bookmarks for free? Every time I format or crush my phone I started to input my huge collection of bookmarks. Thank you bbpp mate!
    11-29-14 08:15 AM
    It's only able to be backed up via Link, contained in Applications->System Data. BlackBerry hasn't given developers access to the API so a 3rd party app could do it, nor does Protect offer any backup option at this juncture.
    11-29-14 08:25 AM
    You could save the website to the home page as an icon. Those can be backed up as well.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    11-29-14 10:03 AM
    That would work for a few bookmarks, but if the OP has anywhere near my number, that's totally impractical. Great idea for the casual browser user!
    11-29-14 10:38 AM
    Thank you guys I'll check it on monday when I got to my office
    11-29-14 09:58 PM
    I used Clipman from BlackBerry World to manually copy the URLs to its persistent clipboard then exported to Remember app.

It takes some time but it was my only choice because my OS could not connect to Link due to the "Device setup not complete" error.

Just open bookmarks and for each, hold, select "Copy Link" and when done, all the copied links will be in Clipman ready for export to Remember or XML.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex and Joseph K Muscat like this.
    11-29-14 10:21 PM
    Use an Evernote account. Then just tap the overflow and share to Remember (or the Evernote app). Sure, it's a few extra steps but the added benefit is you also gain synced bookmarks across Firefox and/or Chrome with the according extensions installed, and also the Windows Evernote program since there's no extension for Internet Explorer.

Just be sure to keep them organized, I'm having to sort through mine as they got a bit out of control.

Method for backup of browser bookmarks?-img_20141129_224904.png

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:50 PM
    I have over a thousand bookmarks I rely on. I always maintain a Link backup I know to be good. If it ever fails me, I'm gonna go terminal on BlackBerry. They've been an accumulation of many years using my BlackBerry virtually exclusively and successfully. BB10 does make me nervous. Lack of a decent gradient backup/restore via Link, and zero data security through Protect is to put it kindly, disheartening.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    11-29-14 11:19 PM
    I have over a thousand bookmarks I rely on. I always maintain a Link backup I know to be good. If it ever fails me, I'm gonna go terminal on BlackBerry. They've been an accumulation of many years using my BlackBerry virtually exclusively and successfully. BB10 does make me nervous. Lack of a decent gradient backup/restore via Link, and zero data security through Protect is to put it kindly, disheartening.
    That's a good argument for having an export option right in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-30-14 01:49 AM
    Dang well better be an import too!
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-30-14 07:30 AM
    Dang well better be an import too!
    Make it html or json for desktop browser import/export and I think we'd have a winner.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-30-14 08:01 PM