Ok might be a couple questions. I like the Hub but I wonder is it possible to open up only one type of comunication if a window. So say I go to hub and see I have an email. Can I open up only that email account? Same for text and bbm?

Then can these be in an active frame like an app. Could I leave up my text or my email in an active frame or do you leave the active frame (apps) and go in to communication?
    02-01-13 08:08 PM
    You can open up only individual email accounts, text messages, BBM messages etc within the hub... but you can't make the hub, or anything in there into an active frame.
    02-01-13 08:14 PM
    When you open a text does it show the thread??
    02-01-13 09:04 PM
    When you open a text does it show the thread??

yes it does!
    02-07-13 03:04 PM
    You can open up only individual email accounts, text messages, BBM messages etc within the hub... but you can't make the hub, or anything in there into an active frame.
    BBM has an active frame...it actually drives me nuts. I hope they remove the BBM active frame in future releases. I'd like to use it from the hub only.
    02-07-13 03:05 PM
    BBM has an active frame...it actually drives me nuts. I hope they remove the BBM active frame in future releases. I'd like to use it from the hub only.
    so... use it from the hub only...
    lol
    02-07-13 03:40 PM
    You guys just don't get it. It's abug and needs to be fixed

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 10:27 PM
    No it isn't. BBM is a separate app that happens to have hub integration. It has a contact list, updates, etc. No different than Facebook and Twitter. Sms, emails and thing like that are strictly communications with no contact list, no separate settings, etc. And that's why they don't have separate apps.
    02-10-13 10:34 PM
    You guys must not be using the phone enough. I can deal with the issue b/c I'm a crackberry addict and don't care. For new users who may experience the same problem this would drive me away from BlackBerry.

Just saying!

Make it better. Even crackberry Kevin said this drove him nuts..

02-10-13 10:43 PM
    So is there separate apps for facebook, twitter, emails, sms? and can you make it so they arent linked to the hub?
    02-10-13 10:44 PM
    So is there separate apps for facebook, twitter, emails, sms? and can you make it so they arent linked to the hub?
    They are all automatically linked to the Hub but you can turn them off so that they don't show up in the Hub. If you do this, you will still get notifications, etc. from these apps but these notifications won't show up in the Hub.

There seems to be a lot of confusions with what you can and/or cannot do in the Hub. I think making a video showing the ins and outs of the Hub will be a good idea that I suggest the CB team could do.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    02-10-13 10:52 PM
    Like I said, there are separate apps for services that actually require them. For examples, Facebook, Twitter, BBM (for contact list and status updates), etc. While apps that don't have such requirements are strictly hub only (Sms, emails, etc.)

The user above me has no idea what he's talking about as I've been using the phone mall the time since I got it on the 5th. He thinks that because something annoys him, and doesn't mesh with his personal preferences, it must be enforced on everybody. If you don't want to use the BBM app for chats, you don't have to. You can close the active frame and it will never pop up, you can talk to people through the the hub. However, the hub is meant strictly for communications, and viewing your contact list or status updates would make no sense through the hub.
    02-10-13 10:55 PM
    They are all automatically linked to the Hub but you can turn them off so that they don't show up in the Hub. If you do this, you will still get notifications, etc. from these apps but these notifications won't show up in the Hub.

There seems to be a lot of confusions with what you can and/or cannot do in the Hub. I think making a video showing the ins and outs of the Hub will be a good idea that I suggest the CB team could do.
    I think he meant the hub as an app, not strictly just the hub area of the hub, if that makes sense. He was asking if Sms, email, Facebook, etc have their own apps. That's why I explained that Sms, emails are hub only without their own apps while services like Facebook have their own apps.
    02-10-13 10:58 PM
    I guess that makes sense althought I would like it if there was a separate email app and sms app so I didn't have to use the hub if I didnt want to. I like to be able to separate things if I want to and just open apps for these standard things. But I guess there is the option to only look at certain feeds from that side menu in the hub which would pretty much do the same.
    02-10-13 11:14 PM
    +1
    02-10-13 11:20 PM
    This is sort of like having separate inboxes like BB7 and earlier, and yes it would be nice to have that option. Is this possible?
    I assume removing an email account from thr Hub view results in an inbox icon for it on the app screen?
    Is there an option to show all inboxes as icons even if they are in the Hub (making the Hub the defacto "Messages" from previous OS)? That would be ideal and give users the best customization options.
    02-10-13 11:25 PM
    There are separate inboxes. Once in the hub, swipe right to separate and isolate what you want to. You don't have to have them all in one single view. To create separate apps running from the app grid would be redundant.

ezapper2 likes this.
    02-10-13 11:49 PM
    You assume wrong.
    Your answers are frequently annoying and useless. If you don't want to help someone, just don't say anything ffs. Look at the answer below you (by cjcampbell) to see what a helpful answer looks like.
    02-10-13 11:54 PM
    This is sort of like having separate inboxes like BB7 and earlier, and yes it would be nice to have that option. Is this possible?
    I assume removing an email account from thr Hub view results in an inbox icon for it on the app screen?
    Is there an option to show all inboxes as icons even if they are in the Hub (making the Hub the defacto "Messages" from previous OS)? That would be ideal and give users the best customization options.
    It doesn't work like BlackBerry 7 anymore. No separate icons. In fact no icons for email services at all. A lot of people "didn't get" several email icons even though for BlackBerry die-hards, this was very effective. BlackBerry has designed the BlackBerry Hub with the goal of it being better for both old and new users and it will continue to be improved.
    02-11-13 12:12 AM
    Thanks for the clarification guys.
    It's a shame that the old inbox icons are gone, even with the hub there they would have been helpful.
    For example when in a meeting I may miss up to 20 messages easily ( some work emails, some personal, some BBM, some SMS).
    The sparks on separate inboxes helped know what came in at a quick glance, rather than having to swipe and then filter them.
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the Hub and its great functionality, but it would have been nice to have the ability to choose to still show separate inboxes as icons too.
    02-11-13 12:42 AM
    Chill out pple... This is a discussion not an argument. Everyone is entitled to an opinion!

b320 likes this.
    02-11-13 12:42 AM
    Thanks for the clarification guys.
    It's a shame that the old inbox icons are gone, even with the hub there they would have been helpful.
    For example when in a meeting I may miss up to 20 messages easily ( some work emails, some personal, some BBM, some SMS).
    The sparks on separate inboxes helped know what came in at a quick glance, rather than having to swipe and then filter them.
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the Hub and its great functionality, but it would have been nice to have the ability to choose to still show separate inboxes as icons too.
    The hub has separate inbox icons for each. You just can't move the icons around the device. Only accessable from the hub

02-11-13 12:45 AM
    I think he meant the hub as an app, not strictly just the hub area of the hub, if that makes sense. He was asking if Sms, email, Facebook, etc have their own apps. That's why I explained that Sms, emails are hub only without their own apps while services like Facebook have their own apps.
    SMS does have its own app - it's the "Text Messages" app. I think email is the only one without an app and is completely integrated with the hub.
    02-11-13 01:43 AM
    SMS does have its own app - it's the "Text Messages" app. I think email is the only one without an app and is completely integrated with the hub.
    There *is* a separate icon for Text Messages on the home screen. However, it doesn't launch a new app. It takes you to the Text Messages section in your BlackBerry Hub. You can move the icon to any home screen or put it in a group.
    02-11-13 01:48 AM
    I guess that makes sense althought I would like it if there was a separate email app and sms app so I didn't have to use the hub if I didnt want to. I like to be able to separate things if I want to and just open apps for these standard things. But I guess there is the option to only look at certain feeds from that side menu in the hub which would pretty much do the same.
    Everyone has there own liking there's no right way but theirs quicker/effcient ways.The hub makes it so you dont waste time cross messaging.Say you want to send the same message across your social contacts lets say ''party at mine 9pm saturday'' now within the hub you can type it once copy and then paste it across all your messaging apps fb,bbm,tweet,text,email,whatsapp in send it quickly .

If you do it sepreately app by app its gonna take longer.I would of put the message out a good 5 mins ago whilst you stil going through individual apps.Although the Frames would make this a a quick task.But for those button paradigm users they definetely be a slower.Ios users are just worse at quick response ,quick does not even exist for them they are not even worth messaging just call them.

But thats the beauty of the hub quick spread messaging phone back in pocket or back to usage.The hub is a promoters dream.
    b320 likes this.
    02-11-13 05:04 AM