This message is ruining my life-img_20140210_004151.png
    How can I get rid of it? It's so annoying. I can't even show off my Z10's ability to run Android apps cos this'll just embarrass me.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:43 PM
    Are you using SNAP?
    It's a Google Play client and once you log in, you're good to go.
    I won't comment on the other parts of your comments. Let's get this android app store up and running for you so your life won't be ruined anymore.
    ghundiraj, Naeg1995 and ruhban like this.
    02-09-14 06:48 PM
    Did you install Google services from snap?! Or maybe from one mobile / amazon?! You need to uninstall it! It gave me the same problem when I downloaded it from 1 mobile an then I updated it with snap!

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and ruhban like this.
    02-09-14 06:49 PM
    We don't have Google play services

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    02-09-14 06:49 PM
    Did you install Google services from snap?! Or maybe from one mobile / amazon?! You need to uninstall it! It gave me the same problem when I downloaded it from 1 mobile an then I updated it with snap!

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying I should delete the Google Services .apk I got from CrackBerry and download a new one from Snap?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:51 PM
    Are you using SNAP?
    I won't comment on the other parts of your comments. Let's get this android app store up and running for you so your life won't be ruined anymore.
    Yes I'm using Snap. Haha thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:52 PM
    Are you using SNAP?
    Has nothing to do with Snap. It's apps that use Google Play Services.

This app won't run without Google Play services error on BlackBerry explained | CrackBerry.com
    ruhban likes this.
    02-09-14 07:45 PM
    Has nothing to do with Snap. It's apps that use Google Play Services.

This app won't run without Google Play services error on BlackBerry explained | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for that. The thing is, all Android apps seem to come up with this error message. That can't be right or is it just my luck? Are there any apps you know of that don't bring this message up so I can try it?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:14 PM
    Delete the Google play services app that you most likely installed?
    ruhban likes this.
    02-09-14 08:21 PM
    the only ones I cant get working are iFruit and Battlefield commander apps.
    ruhban likes this.
    02-09-14 08:32 PM
    Delete the Google play services app that you most likely installed?
    The problem persists, I've tried that before. Instead of displaying the error screen I've posted above, the screen shown in Bla1ze's article turns up instead.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:48 PM
    Thanks for that. The thing is, all Android apps seem to come up with this error message. That can't be right or is it just my luck? Are there any apps you know of that don't bring this message up so I can try it?

Posted via CB10
    It's just your luck. You're trying to use Google Now... of course it's gonna need Google services. Almost everything Google is gonna need them. Go install Candy Crush Saga or Urbanspoon or Solar Weather or something.
    ruhban likes this.
    02-09-14 08:50 PM
    I could write a list lol

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:02 PM
    Not all Android apps will run, it says so in the installation disclaimer too. There's variations in the Android runtime, BB10 is not Android.
    02-09-14 09:05 PM
    I've been having the same problem too. I installed Google play services through 1 mobile market, and updated it with snap. Now when I open Google play settings, it gives me that message saying Google play has stopped. I tried restarting my phone and was able to get the app to say "initializing " instead, but then the app would crash. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it as I'd like to run hangouts on my phone and it won't load completely without Google play services.
    02-24-14 10:44 AM
    Mainly, I would suggest NOT updating Google Play Services through Snap. Snap provides the official (for Android) apks, therefore it has not been modified to work properly with bb10. If the one from 1 mobile works (I can't remember where I installed mine from), just keep using it without updating it. Now that yours has been updated, you need to completely remove it, reboot your phone, and install the one that worked before - not snap's.
    02-24-14 10:55 AM
    We have gotten some Google apps and some non Google apps with Google dependencies to work, but haven't been able to get 'Hangout' to work so far.
    You should check out this threads for more details How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working and also this one How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    02-24-14 10:58 AM