Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Medical Apps for BB10

Just putting a call out to app developers to start making some medical apps for BB10. Medical and allied health practitioners lover their apps and the best way to get people moving back to the platform is to have some great medical apps. Those that are inclined visit the itunes store and have a look at the best rated medial apps for ideas. I really want to move back to the platform but need medical apps to be available.
    Thanked by 3:
    AfroZepher (12-23-2012),  Cappyshirt (12-23-2012),  dusdal (07-12-2013) 
    nuangel2, AfroZepher and dusdal like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

That is a terrific point; I hadn't even thought about the medical apps. I use Medscape quite often and it would be tough without it or something equivalent..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I hope that Medscape can get onboard as well as unbound medicine. These guys make great apps on iOS however for security reasons i am always hesitant to put patient data into any apps. And considering that Blackberry has great security a patient database for rounding would be awesome.
    CrackBerry Genius

I'd like an ICE app and a First-Aid reference app with diagrams. Then I'd be set!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

Feel free to contact these app makers and ask!

There's a thread with a huge and growing list of app developers contact info I'll add these to the list. . .feel free to check it out and take advantage if you see fit! Thank for the ideas!

Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
    Thanked by:
    ctuffy (12-23-2012) 
    Dapper37 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Hello. I am developing a medical application for Doctors and Doctor's Assistants. Its more functional than informational. Integrated with BBM & platform features like Invocation.
    Watch out for it!

Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Tokyo Graffiti, Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball BlackBoard Lite Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10, 5 Slides, Markdown Man, Movie Title Creator, Pixel Censor, Black Censor
    Thanked by 3:
    AfroZepher (12-23-2012),  dusdal (07-12-2013),  RubberChicken76 (01-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    whats a PIN :)

Would love an app for Medisoft and Medisoft Clinical... I have many clients that ask for them.... Would also love an app for connectwise!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes please! Epocrates too!
    robtanz likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

I'll shoot out emails and add to the list thread I spoke about before. . .good stuff!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    whats a PIN :)

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post

I'll shoot out emails and add to the list thread I spoke about before. . .good stuff!
    I know Mark made the medisoft app for IOS... Ill ask him if he would for BB10... I have the connectwise contact.. But they only like ios app dev.. Will see what I can dig up from them maybe finding the right person there can help cuz their iOS app SUCKS
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts

im sure if android and ios have them its only a few hrs to port over. would be a terrible mistake if the dev didnt think about bb10 when it dropped.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry User

what a terrific idea ! I havent thought about it before, if anyone can deploy their medical apps, these must attract many people back to BB platform
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I just heard back from AppBrain, the makers for the app MedScape:

Sorry, AppBrain is for Android devices only. (Android 1.6 and higher)
    Best regards,

Mathijs / AppBrain team

I'm definitely going to be in the market for another.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Just heard back from WebMD and my question regarding their MedScape:

Dear CATufts

Thank you for your interest. At this time, we do not have any plans to develop any further Medscape Mobile applications for the Blackberry Operating System. We have made significant advances on our Mobile Website, and it is almost a replica of our app. You can use the mobile site by visiting Medscape: Medscape Access from your mobile device browser.

Thanks again,
    Kevin
    Medscape Member Support

Ticket Information:
    Ticket #: 18002-465308
    Date Created: 12/27/2012 12:13 PM EDT
    Subject: Blackberry 10

I guess I'll be in the market for a BB10 medical app. Anyone have any ideas?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Medscape and Epocrates would be much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Epocrates.

We do not have any plans currently on supporting BB OS 10.

We recommend that you look for a compatible device to run Epocrates software.

For additional details please see the following FAQ article."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by livejam View Post
    "Good day,

Thank you for contacting Epocrates.

We do not have any plans currently on supporting BB OS 10.

We recommend that you look for a compatible device to run Epocrates software.

For additional details please see the following FAQ article."
    That is almost a funny answer. 'Buy a compatible device that will work with Epocrates'.... wow, just wow. Sort of arrogant IMHO. I personally will go with the app that works with my phone (my new BB unit)..
    Thanked by:
    kdna (01-04-2013) 
    jakie55 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts

This should not be unexpected. If BB10 does well, companies like this will develop apps at some point.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,438 Global Posts

I wouldn't get discouraged. What you're all doing is at least showing them there's an interest in BlackBerry 10. :-)
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Abuser

In the radiology world, where I work, the only devices which seem to be used are iPhones. I seldom seem Android or BlackBerry devices, which is interesting. Not sure what to make of it really, but we'll seee.
    @jr4941
    Thanked by:
    ctuffy (01-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jr4941 View Post
    In the radiology world, where I work, the only devices which seem to be used are iPhones. I seldom seem Android or BlackBerry devices, which is interesting. Not sure what to make of it really, but we'll seee.
    Yea but you know what they say about those folks who work in radiology

J/J
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by CATufts View Post
    Yea but you know what they say about those folks who work in radiology

J/J
    :P Security is always a concern when it comes to medical data. Just not when it comes to mobile data, though I'm sure that will change. Recently there was an article where hackers stole patient records and were holding them for ransom:

Hackers hold medical records for ransom in Australia
    By AuntMinnie.com staff writers

December 14, 2012 -- Seven years of patients' electronic medical records (EMRs) at a medical clinic in Miami, Queensland, are being held for ransom by hackers, according to Australian television channel ABC News.
    The Miami Family Medical Centre discovered on December 8 when attempting to log into its EMR database that hackers, believed to be from Eastern Europe or Russia, had commandeered the clinic's files by encrypting them. The hackers had posted a message demanding a payment of $4,000 Australian ($4,420 U.S., 3,211 euros) for the files to be restored to the clinic. The clinic will not pay the ransom.

Clinic co-owner David Wood told ABC News reporter David Lewis that the hackers penetrated what the clinic's IT consultants felt were robust firewalls and passwords. Updated virus protection software was in place.

The EMR held thousands of medical records of patients treated over the past seven years. The clinic is not believed to have had backup tapes or a backup archive. Jason Fillmore, a security expert, told ABC News that very sophisticated military-grade encryption had been utilized, and that decrypting the database would be too difficult.

This incident follows 11 others of ransom being requested for hacked computer files in small and midsized businesses in Queensland over the past year.
    Anyways, BlackBerry10 and PlayBook offer great performance for zero footprint viewers for images. We'll see how this trend progresses.
    @jr4941
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I was searching the forums today to see if anyone had managed to sideload the WebMD app. I work in the healthcare industry and I use apps such as WebMD, Medscape, First Aid and Nurse Manual all the time. WebMD is the most important one and its available on Android as well as iOS.

I hope we start seeing some of these medical apps soon. The Q10 sure looks tempting but productivity always comes first.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone has used skyscape which is an android port?

Posted from my lovely Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by fast666 View Post
    Anyone has used skyscape which is an android port?

Posted from my lovely Z10
    yes i have skyscape on my z10 with several of my medical apps .works fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast