Meanwhile over in sleepy hollow a councillor is not a BB fan
Kitchener waives city policy for RIM's BlackBerry 10 launch - Technology & Science - CBC News
One holdout,lol. Some people I tell ya,lol.
Skating,hot chocolate,celebration, on RIM's dime,what's the issue. Seems to me this is a low key community event,yet one sour puss,lol.
Blackberry branded cookies,yum.
Last edited by TomJasper; 01-17-13 at 07:43 PM.Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-17-13, 08:10 PM #4Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
Playbook - 32G
- Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 01-17-13, 08:53 PM #6
Well, rules are rules. If they let RIM, McDonalds can come tomorrow and say, "hey, you let RIM, why can't we do that too?".
Give that councillor a break.
I love RIM and all, advertising within the city itself isn't that big of a deal. It's more celebratory than to get Public Interest. But now that this councillor voted against it, it made a big newsline splash and now everyone knows about it.
- 01-17-13, 10:25 PM #8
- 01-17-13, 10:31 PM #9
^^^ McDonalds hasn't put a Billion+ dollars back into our community over the past 10+ years like RIM, it's founders and employees have. No one else has.
Gazzola's not helping his political career with his latest decision.Z30
- 01-17-13, 11:31 PM #11
Every other business in the community can benefit from a successful RIM as well. I doubt there will be complaints.Z30
- 01-17-13, 11:55 PM #12
Look at Rob Ford (Mayor of Toronto), he's still being haunted by a vote he made, all over a case of $3000-$4000 of donations that was to go to a football team. This in some people's mind is "charity", to the lawyer who and the judge who presided, he was breaking the law. (Not the same situation, but it's about going against a law, or rules that were put in place.)
Now, lets end this political discussion and will someone post a picture of what RIM put up! :P
- 01-18-13, 09:34 AM #13
But I agree: let's see some pictures!
- 01-18-13, 09:56 AM #14Z30
- 01-18-13, 11:14 AM #17Z30
- 01-18-13, 12:11 PM #19Z30
- 01-18-13, 12:40 PM #20
KW'ites owe RIM
I know its two cities, But I view it as one. I grew up in Waterloo, and now reside in Kitchener. The boarders are blurred for me both literally and figuratively
- 01-18-13, 12:56 PM #21
It's time for the cities to amalgamate - but that's another thread on another forum.
All that said...we both strongly agree that council is doing the right thing by letting RIM (who is footing the bill for everything they do here) celebrate (i.e. promote) the release of BB10 by having a big freaking party.Z30
- 01-18-13, 12:59 PM #22
- By vula in forum Asia PacificReplies: 12Last Post: 10-06-12, 02:02 AM
- By varunsain in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 04-14-12, 07:18 AM
- By lund in forum News & RumorsReplies: 39Last Post: 10-19-11, 07:12 AM
- By pinkspider1123 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-26-11, 10:54 AM
- By pinkspider1123 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-26-11, 10:54 AM