Here's my issue.

Facebook has become an unofficial "background check" service these days. Before job interviews, apartment rentals, credit applications etc. That's a hell of a lot more than just keeping up with friends and family.

That has a real affect on people's lives.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    Learn how to use it and don't just arbitrarily accept "friend" requests. Yeah, If you have your sttings set to public you are wide open. You can set it to friends only. Educate yourself in the use of apps and software.
    04-25-16 09:00 PM
    Educate yourself in the use of apps and software.
    I have... and I made the decision to not use Facebook. Mark Z. and company are doing fine without me.

04-25-16 09:23 PM
    Why do you people act like BlackBerry 10 phones cannot use Facebook at all?

just spare some change for Face 10 and Facebook Messenger from BlackBerry World for hub notifications, and occasionally complement with the Facebook browser for use with BlackBerry 10 phones.

I am not missing the official app at all.

In fact, in some ways, using the third party Facebook app is better since there are no ads, no location tracking with the recent update, and having a simpler messaging focused experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 09:24 PM
    just spare some change for Face 10 and Facebook Messenger from BlackBerry World for hub notifications, and occasionally complement with the Facebook browser for use with BlackBerry 10 phones.

I have Face10 and Messenger. It's still not the same without the full contact, hub and calendar integration. These are basic features users want to have.

Other limitations in Face10 tarnish the user experience. Example: a friend posts 15 photos. I open the first, but there's no way to swipe through them. I can't zoom in on a photo unless I tap it a second time and wait for it to open in the photos app. It works, but it's slow and cumbersome.

Messenger for Facebook is equally mediocre. There's no push and that ruins the instant messaging experience.
    04-25-16 10:15 PM
    If you are truly worried about privacy, The internet is not for you at all.
    Not true, I have at least 7 Google accounts I don't know how many hotmails so many yahoo accounts I forget the passwords and email addresses, none of them have any of my real info accept my 1st email account from like 1999, I have never been the type of person who gives my real name to any1 on or off the Internet, every girl I've ever met knows me by a different name, lol I don't trust anyone so yea about the Internet not being for me, it only makes my lifestyle easier.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 11:14 PM
    Yes! Because BB can easily ostracize a billion FB users. Users who find FB an easy way to keep in touch. Remarks like yours remind me of the lyrics of a Kenny Chesney song "Narrow minds on a narrow wage" While you may not find it useful in your life, over a billion people do find it useful. One of the reasons corporations have FB pages. You view is the minority much like BB users are a minority these days
    well glad I'm still one of the few who recognise real communications and using appropriate communication clients for keeping in touch with people who are important to me.
    FB's success is to play on illusions and false importance of superficial and self exhibition behaviour that suppose to fool people to believe that FB would be the only true communication this day that is worth to undertake.
    Well certainly worth for FB it self, making big bugs out of it with adverts and selling user profiles off to anyone who ask for it.
    FB is a business model but not a serious communication client, rather a show case platform like MySpace ones used to be of some sort some years ago which was kidy crap all the way.
    Serious communication platform and clients don't need all this personal stuff as a billboard display of everyone himself, concentrating on pure communication it more important, like BBM and Telegram are certainly way better for serious communicating with other folks than FB can ever be.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    04-26-16 03:33 AM
    well glad I'm still one of the few who recognise real communications and using appropriate communication clients for keeping in touch with people who are important to me.
    FB's success is to play on illusions and false importance of superficial and self exhibition behaviour that suppose to fool people to believe that FB would be the only true communication this day that is worth to undertake.
    Well certainly worth for FB it self, making big bugs out of it with adverts and selling user profiles off to anyone who ask for it.
    FB is a business model but not a serious communication client, rather a show case platform like MySpace ones used to be of some sort some years ago which was kidy crap all the way.
    Serious communication platform and clients don't need all this personal stuff as a billboard display of everyone himself, concentrating on pure communication it more important, like BBM and Telegram are certainly way better for serious communicating with other folks than FB can ever be.

Real communications, appropriate communication clients and BBM? How you can put those 3 things together in the same group as a company that has .02% market share and falling rapidly is comical. FB is nothing more than social media. It's not a communications platform. To compare it to BBM, text messaging or even whatsapp, which, by the way also ditched the BB platform just shows your bias towards BB. Are you saying that answering a phone call on a BB is easier and faster on BB than the other two platforms? Is texting easier on a BB than the other two platforms? I will give you one win here, BB does handle email with attachments a bit easier but thats about it. Lets face a sad reality here, BB is not the productivity tool it used to be. You cant hide from numbers and numbers are on my side
    04-26-16 08:15 AM
    I have Face10 and Messenger. It's still not the same without the full contact, hub and calendar integration. These are basic features users want to have.

Other limitations in Face10 tarnish the user experience. Example: a friend posts 15 photos. I open the first, but there's no way to swipe through them. I can't zoom in on a photo unless I tap it a second time and wait for it to open in the photos app. It works, but it's slow and cumbersome.

Messenger for Facebook is equally mediocre. There's no push and that ruins the instant messaging experience.
    For chatting, you would have the messenger open, so you do not need to rely on hub notification for that if you are doing the instant chat.

As for the pictures, I do agree and you can use the facebook browser for it. You do not need hub integration to look at photos.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 08:50 AM
    I love my blackberry and I'm not willing to lose the keyboard, as I hate texting on a touch screen, but I have been really disappointed with all the apps I've lost. Or all the ones I've tried to download but can't because they don't support BlackBerry.. Does anyone know if this is an OS issue, or if BlackBerry is ever going to make any changes so that they are compatible again with current technology.. Or does that not have anything to do with it?
    04-26-16 09:00 AM
    I make sure who can view my stuff on Facebook. as far as it being a useful app, in 2016 the Facebook is not only used for personal social media, but as a business tool and is used to communicate more and more every day. I get more messages on FB Messenger then I do on BBM.
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-26-16 11:07 AM
    Interesting read on FB:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/26/f...-sharing-drop/

hobgoblin1961 likes this.
    04-26-16 11:08 AM
    Guys, you can still access Facebook. It's called the Browser. It's not like you're locked out. The Browser is a better way to access FB anyway. That app was broken.
    04-26-16 11:35 AM
    Losing facebook on BB10 is a non issue. It works just fine in the browser, so I am not clear on the problem. The Facebook app overwhelmed my contacts for no good reason, it was just annoying. Facebook is really only doing this because just like Apple, they still see Blackberry as a festering wound that won't go away. BBM is a threat to their Whatsapp and a move like this they are hoping would also put the nail in the coffin of BBM. The fact is that most of these apps should be browser based. The whole idea of the internet is one application for all, not many applications for many platforms. This is just going backwards. Unfortunately companies like Facebook and Apple want to wall off the internet and charge you for stuff that could be free, plus monopolize your personal information. I have many website and do not believe in smartphone apps. All my sites work on all devices from the website period. Unfortunately Apple makes sure their browser is inferior and can't properly render many complicated web pages (Safari i'm talking to you). In the end this whole Facebook issue is more hot air and innuendo that any real impact. Something is really wrong when after losing the dedicated Facebook app the whole platform is declared dead, and mostly by people who don't use Blackberry. When is someone going to stand up to these giants and say we don't care. We want cheap and compatible, not expensive and proprietary.
    04-26-16 12:26 PM
    It works just fine in the browser, so I am not clear on the problem.
    Browsing Facebook in the browser is OK, doing much else leaves a lot to be desired.

The Facebook app overwhelmed my contacts for no good reason, it was just annoying.
    If you keep your Facebook friends to people you know in real life, then it shouldn't overwhelm your contacts list. If you're in a competition to see who has the most random, anonymous friends then turn off contact integration. Personally, I like it when my friend's profile photos show up when they call, or I'm reminded of their birthdays.

The fact is that most of these apps should be browser based.
    Making apps browser based might work well on platforms that have poor integration of communication features, but having things like BBM, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc defeats the purpose of having a tightly integrated device. You may want to manage everything in independent silos, but that's not what the BB10 experience was all about. By all means, if you have multiple email accounts you need to monitor, have fun visiting multiple webmail sites. I'll just save time and use the hub, thank you very much
    04-26-16 01:25 PM
    Interesting read on FB:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/26/f...-sharing-drop/

absolute true read up of FB... looks like the future of Fools-Billboard is counted and shifting over to a ordinary PR consumer platform (which it always has been) where users can't be bothered showing off them self anymore... only left for the simple minded plonkers out there, which are a billion switched off brains by now, but who cares about them.. LOL

even if a billion doing it wrong, doesn't make it right in the end.

anon(1723145) and byex like this.
    04-27-16 04:20 AM
    But for me personally... I think Facebook is a waste of time and a serious privacy threat.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 09:21 AM
    04-27-16 03:36 PM
    05-01-16 10:33 PM
    Closed for review
    05-05-16 04:28 PM
    [WARN]OK, cooling off period is over. Resume discussion, without the bickering and off-topic nonsense. [/WARN]
    05-05-16 09:54 PM
45 12