Yeah so I know a lot of you Priv adopters are probably going to slam me but I was reading this article:
    BlackBerry Android Affair Spelling Death For BB10? 'Far From It,' Says The Company : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

And it seems to me that BlackBerry is basically saying they hope to keep bb10 alive through priv sales. If the priv doesn't sell then BlackBerry is toast. But if it does then they can afford to keep funding development of both Android Lines & bb10 sometime in the future.
    Yes you could read it that they are just paying lipservice to bb10 as they gracefully let it die - but what if the CEO actually intends to do the opposite and you're just reading too much into it?

What if they actually just want to fund further bb10 development through adopting sales from an enemy camp.
    I mean it makes some twisted sense - if you can't beat the enemy head on then join them, stealing some of their profits, and fund it back into you own army to live to fight another day.
    Last edited by ravencore; 03-11-16 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Typo
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-09-16 01:01 AM
    There is a fair amount of animosity on this forum between the bb10 loyalists and the android priv users.. but if i'm right in the way i'm reading the strategy we should actually be coming together.
    I mean, I don't particularly like Android, but I do want BlackBerry to survive.. so maybe I should get a priv just to support the effort . And maybe, just maybe, bb10 has a future if we all do so.
    Thud Hardsmack and brian4591 like this.
    03-09-16 01:12 AM
    A lot of BB10 users switched to ios or other android devices then priv, so chens strategy is not right.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 03-09-16 at 02:06 AM.
    03-09-16 01:40 AM
    Yeah so I know a lot of you Priv adopters are probably going to slam me but I was reading this article:
    BlackBerry Android Affair Spelling Death For BB10? 'Far From It,' Says The Company : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
    No news at all. These are exactly the facts declared by Chen himself half a year ago. They all are repeating the same again and again. This is especially not at all a commitment to the platform as the user expects it. One year (2016) ... what is one year?
    03-09-16 01:49 AM
    There is a fair amount of animosity on this forum between the bb10 loyalists and the android priv users.. but if i'm right in the way i'm reading the strategy we should actually be coming together.
    I mean, I don't particularly like Android, but I do want BlackBerry to survive.. so maybe I should get a priv just to support the effort . And maybe, just maybe, bb10 has a future if we all do so.
    If you like BlackBerry 10 more than Android you shouldn't buy a BlackBerry Priv. In both ways, buying a Priv or a BlackBerry 10 device, there's an income for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:37 AM
    Whether or not BB10 hangs around a while longer, really only applies to enterprise. With an Android Runtime stuck on Jellybean without Google Play Services, and the lack of native app development, what appeal will it have to consumers a year or two down the line?
    03-09-16 05:24 AM
    Whether or not BB10 hangs around a while longer, really only applies to enterprise. With an Android Runtime stuck on Jellybean without Google Play Services, and the lack of native app development, what appeal will it have to consumers a year or two down the line?
    I would just point out that native application development seems to have picked up a tad, recently. It's almost as if the EOL for BB10 announcements have spurred certain devs to action and attracted a few new ones.

Can't think why...

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    vgorous likes this.
    03-09-16 05:52 AM
    The most important job a CEO has is asset allocation. If Chen has finally found a way to make money in phones and then he diverts those profits to phones that don't make money, isn't that a horrible decision for shareholders?
    03-09-16 06:12 AM
    There is another option. They could remove runtime completely from BB10 and in doing so have a truly security and privacy oriented product with zero infiltration by either Apple or Google. Of course people will scoff at this and state the obvious...that it would have very few apps...but that would be the whole point wouldn't it? You could buy a cheap $200 Android device to solve that problem.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-09-16 09:40 AM
    There is another option. They could remove runtime completely from BB10 and in doing so have a truly security and privacy oriented product with zero infiltration by either Apple or Google. Of course people will scoff at this and state the obvious...that it would have very few apps...but that would be the whole point wouldn't it? You could buy a cheap $200 Android device to solve that problem.

Posted via CB10
    In a year or two, the ultra-secure segment would probably be all that's left, so this may be a possibility. Although (thinking out loud) why go through the effort of removing it when corporate EMM policy would disable Amazon appstore anyway?
    03-09-16 09:50 AM
    In a year or two, the ultra-secure segment would probably be all that's left, so this may be a possibility. Although (thinking out loud) why go through the effort of removing it when corporate EMM policy would disable Amazon appstore anyway?
    True. But perception is everything in this business, and leaving it there...even the raw Android runtime without Amazon, would create doubt in the minds of purists. Of course we would be talking about the ultra high end in terms of a consumer product, but I would not completely write that off as an option. There are people who pay north of $1000 for porsche custom Blackberries and gold plated Q10's.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 10:15 AM
    BlackBerry's handset devision is basicly dead be it BB10 or Android. As long as the device works for you + me thats great. Love my Z30 but that's all there is to it. I always knew great Priv sales wouldn't safe BB10 but Priv going to hell doesn't do much for BB10 either.
    03-09-16 10:24 AM
    Don't worry!! BlackBerry will rise like a phoenix, it's a matter of time!!! Bb10 will never fade away like symbian or meego or sailfish. Bb10 will stay!!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 11:57 AM
    Don't worry!! BlackBerry will rise like a phoenix, it's a matter of time!!! Bb10 will never fade away like symbian or meego or sailfish. Bb10 will stay!!

Posted via CB10
    Empty rhetoric without supporting evidence, but thanks.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 03-09-16 at 04:32 PM.
    03-09-16 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    /s

You dropped this.
    JeepBB and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-09-16 01:27 PM
    I hope this, albeit vague, commitment to BB10 holds true. I'm rockin' a Passport and had a Z10 and Storm before that. Between the Storm and Z10 I took a quick side trip to Android. Hated it. Luvin' BB10 now. I loved my PlayBook but have all but put it to rest and replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition running Android unfortunately still running KitKat (Lollipop isn't yet available in all countries). The OS is not really logical, while BB10 is smooth and logical.

I hope that BlackBerry brings out a BB10 version of the Priv as well as other new devices. A tablet would be awesome. I still find myself trying to swipe with the PB OS gestures even after 1.5 years of an Android tablet!

Posted via CB10 and my BlackBerry Passport!
    03-09-16 01:56 PM
    BB10 will die at some point but out of that will come something new and cool, with actual marketing. Look at Jolla's Sailfish that came out of the ashes of Meego and as an someone who used Meego until it died I welcome Jolla, the problem with is blackberry is better and I hope bb10 will follow in these footsteps.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 03:35 PM
    Let it die is just stupid, it is a huge waste of money. Why not selling to samsung or any huge company with a lot of cash and interests in play hard against competitors ios and android

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:29 PM
    u resurrect it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:40 PM
    Oh goodie, security enhancements and certifications!

I'm pretty sure a good majority of us on these forums have no use for this, so it is hard to be excited about certifications and such. But if it means that more governments and businesses are likely to buy BlackBerry 10 devices, then I'm all for it.

At this point, I'd be glad to even get more BBM emoticons, some new ringtones, and maybe the option to change fonts or camera improvements. I feel like none of this is too much to ask for, but then again, we are talking about BlackBerry after all.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 05:23 PM
    No news at all. These are exactly the facts declared by Chen himself half a year ago.
    I know it's not news - but most people interpret it as a sign of abandonment just because they have not produced another bb10 phone this year, but in fact they might still intend to if the Priv sells.
    03-09-16 09:21 PM
    I know it's not news - but most people interpret it as a sign of abandonment just because they have not produced another bb10 phone this year, but in fact they might still intend to if the Priv sells.
    f the priv sells well you dont make another phone on an OS that sells much worse. You make a device using the OS that actually is making you money.
    03-09-16 09:31 PM
    f the priv sells well you dont make another phone on an OS that sells much worse. You make a device using the OS that actually is making you money.
    If they only care about money that is true.. but if they care about making the best phone, they would still want to keep developing their own system (since in theory they would have thought it better).

But I guess we will see how it plays out. I just think it's slightly possible that the CEO actually has intentions to keep BB10 around.
    03-09-16 09:47 PM
    If they really wanted to keep Blackberry 10 alive, they would have just took the risk and released the Priv with both Android and BlackBerry 10 models. A nicer name would've been great too. Priv? I still don't like it and never will.
    ravencore likes this.
    03-09-16 09:49 PM
    If they really wanted to keep Blackberry 10 alive, they would have just took the risk and released the Priv with both Android and BlackBerry 10 models. A nicer name would've been great too. Priv? I still don't like it and never will.
    I don't know since from what i've read it seems like they are in financial make or break it time.
    If things are that precarious then they couldn't possibly afford to do both even if they wanted to.
    03-09-16 10:04 PM
87 123 ...