I've come up with what I think is a pretty good marketing idea. It takes into account what Thor said, were not in the spec race, were in the experience race. Also seems like both android and apple are fighting for the hipster vote. Those samsung commercials making fun of apples wait lines.

In my commercial you would see two users bickering over stupid things. one apple user, one android. both arguing over which phone is better. we then switch to a view of a blackberry user in a cab on his way to work getting a notification and using the hub, flash back to the two arguing over headphone jack placement. we then see the blackberry user again in the cab working on his presentation on his phone then gets out of the cab and walks into work. cut back to a different set of android/apple users debating over again something foolish like weight of phone. back to balckberry user who during his lunch break browsing the internet and on bbm, back to two new android and apple users arguing over screen size, we then go back to the blackberry user in a presentation using his phone and tablet, back to another couple debating the layout of apps, finally we see the blackberry user at home with their significant other playing a movie from his phone to the tv while their child plays a game on the tablet.

then somone famous says something captivating and witty like "Blackberry People Do, Others Don't". this would just go to show that blackberry isn't competing with apple or android. they're just doing their own thing and getting stuff done. emphasizing that it's stupid to argue over foolish things like size and weight when really you should be using a phone for it's user experience.
    bobmasterson likes this.
    11-19-12 11:27 AM
    Not a bad idea, but I think it would be more useful to show how the iPhone and Android are entertainment devices where BB10 is a work hard, play hard device IE playing games with people on an iphone then he (or she) gets up, opens a doc, turns to the iphone user and says now it's time to make my presentation. Something along these lines anyhow. I'm a BMA student, not marketing. lol
    11-19-12 07:39 PM
    nice, i see it working
    11-20-12 03:56 AM