Hi,

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I've tried searching to no avail.

There is a walkie-talker app called Voxer that I've been trying to get to run in the background/'headlessly'. The point of the app is that it's instantaneous push-to-talk�that is, the moment the other person pushes the button on their phone to talk to you, you hear their voice. Now, I've sucessfully been able to get it to deliver me notifications whenever someone has talked to me, which is a start, but it kinda defeats the point of this app�if I wanted an app where I got notified whenever someone left me a message, there are dozens to choose from. This app, I suppose you could say, is 'headless or nothing'.

I've found this post from Cobalt, but as a Mac user I'm not able to test it out, and it being from 2014 makes me doubt it'd work.

Do we have any other known methods for making an Android app run headlessly on BB10?

Thanks!
    02-04-16 07:28 PM
    Nope. Consider a Priv.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-04-16 09:31 PM
    Nope. Consider a Priv.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sort of confused why not, though. Zello, the only real competitor to Voxer, has their app on the App World. It is an exact copy of the Android app. I've played around with it on both OSes, and not a thing was different. They pretty much just ported it over as-is.

What did they do, then, to their app that I can't with Voxer? What changes were made that allowed them to have their BB10 app run headlessly that I can't?
    02-05-16 04:35 PM
    Well, there is a processor involving breading down the app, changing some of the coding and getting a developer token and recompiling it.

There are instructions on the forum on how to do it, but it's not a simple process and it's not guaranteed to work.

02-05-16 06:21 PM
    Well, there is a processor involving breading down the app, changing some of the coding and getting a developer token and recompiling it.

There are instructions on the forum on how to do it, but it's not a simple process and it's not guaranteed to work.

That's a different answer than 'Nope.' :P

Do you have the link to those instructions? Thanks!
    02-06-16 04:04 AM