I had to ask,

Is there a way to take marshmallows apk runtime and form it into some sort of app in apk form to not rid our BlackBerry 10 bars, leave them out of the equation. What I mean is, make the ART a app that can share to a apk file that needs that runtime all running in the sandbox. Is that impossible or harder to do then trying to engineer the bar files all over. I am talking about an ART .apk app that has sharing capabilities to the apps that need above 4.3 so we will leave our dalvik .bars alone as is. Would this work, if not - why not?

Think of bluestacks, why can't we have a second option/app always up to date, I ask you as I know you would know?

Even if it wouldn't be interconnected we could still run the App?

Thanks, DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan

Manymo.com (or build a native browser to do THIS)
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 09-13-16 at 02:32 AM.
    09-13-16 01:33 AM
    Or you could just buy an Android phone.....

Sorry but the Android Runtime is "integrated" and has a number of security checks that would prevent someone from updating it on their own. Now if you are wanting someone to build a Android 6.0 runtime that would run on top of the BlackBerry Runtime. Probable could be done if someone wanted to devote a LOT of time and energy in doing it. Not sure what kind of problems and performance issues they would face. And no telling if the next "security patch" will destroy all of their hard work.... It just not going to happen.
    09-13-16 08:03 AM
    Or you could just buy an Android phone.....

Sorry but the Android Runtime is "integrated" and has a number of security checks that would prevent someone from updating it on their own. Now if you are wanting someone to build a Android 6.0 runtime that would run on top of the BlackBerry Runtime. Probable could be done if someone wanted to devote a LOT of time and energy in doing it. Not sure what kind of problems and performance issues they would face. And no telling if the next "security patch" will destroy all of their hard work.... It just not going to happen.
    Yes like an ART VM app that can have a strong Share feature to Share to any apps that require a higher ART leaving our Dalvik bars alone!...

Maybe even have it automated once it realized it needs the higher art, who knows.

It may. My half brother is trying to brew something in the kitchen per se. I am the thinker, he is the "doer" whom knows code in & out.

Yes, it may not work integrated but it would run the app!!!!

He is plugged in so often I can't even get him onto CB "yet"..

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-13-16 08:09 AM
    The problem with such an approach is it would be too resource and battery intensive. Due to the Android runtime, BB10 has the highest minimum RAM requirements of any major mobile OS.

Emulating another runtime at the software level would require a lot of computing power which would drain the battery fast. Even if someone would be able to do it, you could use it for about 1 hour on your phone before your battery runs out.
    09-13-16 01:19 PM
    The problem with such an approach is it would be too resource and battery intensive. Due to the Android runtime, BB10 has the highest minimum RAM requirements of any major mobile OS.

Emulating another runtime at the software level would require a lot of computing power which would drain the battery fast. Even if someone would be able to do it, you could use it for about 1 hour on your phone before your battery runs out.
    I was thinking the same but didn't think it would be that bad on the battery. I always notice BB 10 eats that ram up however it doesn't use as much processor power for the ram usage when you look at it chugging along in real time. It surprised me!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-17-16 03:49 PM
    An software emulator would be slow as molasses and drink battery like crazy.
    DreadPirateRegan and Vistaus like this.
    09-17-16 04:17 PM

I totally get that and what conite said as well...
    I was thinking as in "open the ART app" then share the 4.4+ app you want to use to it so that it will open (or may need an installer to?) things like Pok�mon go that was so huge that had issues because of the minimum requirements even though it would drain battery, don't play it all day! I am just using that as an example as I totally never played nor have the desire to play many games at all let alone that Pok�mon Go thing, LOL. However, it's cool if others do. Just using as a reference example. I do see how the effort behind it may not be worth it to most but if it was done I am sure it would be a must have for most and only moreso for the people who use android apps but stick to BB10 as the future progresses and apps have a kit kat+ mandatory.

To bad I can't do it or i'd give it a go in my spare time no matter how long it took, not for money I'd give it away like cobalt does. My half brother since switched fully to Android and is two states over, Ahh. The End. Still on my Passport and loving it though.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 05:26 PM