Its been 3 hours sitting on the screen with paper going thru shredder icon. The icon that shows during wipe of OS to start fresh. BUT below it has spinning circle loading type thing spinning... as in something is in the works. I held down power button after the 3rd hour and BackBerry logo came up, but went back to same screen as before with paper shredding icon and spinning circle. NO WORDS BELOW PAPER SHREDDING, AS IN SECURITY WIPE IN PROCESS OR WHATEVER IT MAY SAY.

Am I screwed big time, pull battery?

If so, what steps after that to restore OS?
    04-16-14 12:11 AM
    NOOOOO! PLEASE DON"T TOUCH YOUR DEVICE! It can take upto 8 or 10 hrs also depending on the data you had on your device. I wiped my phone which had NO data and still it took more than an hour. No matter what, you just need to be patient.. don't do anything. I too google'd it alot while my device kept showing paper shredding icon and there were so many posts on CB advising not to touch the device during this operation else your device will be nothing but a paper weight!

Good luck
    04-16-14 12:25 AM
    this image is what phone looks like for over 3 hours http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...699.492865.jpg
    04-16-14 12:34 AM
    I havent done battery pull, yet. Still stuck on this screen. I did however hold down power button twicem after the 3 hour. And it just went back to this same screen,
    04-16-14 12:42 AM
    dont touch anything.keep the phone at charge and let it do the rest.Security wipes takes a while 1 hr minimum 10-12 hrs maximum.
    backfire101 likes this.
    04-16-14 12:48 AM
    With BlackBerry, you gotta have patience. U know how they work
    04-16-14 02:40 AM
    I really think something wrong tho. Going on like 10 hours now with that same screen as link above. (paper in shredder and circle loading spinning below) why doesnt mine say "security wipe in progress" like this photo? http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/20...urity_Wipe.jpg
    04-16-14 05:39 AM
    Im very close to the 10-12 hour "max" range. When get to 14 hours and I know it will, then what do I do? Did me holding down the power button twice bother this process? When I did, it just said "BlackBerry" on screen and went back to same screen. I need this phone working, its my wifes att Z10. She gonna kill me. Cause I loaded 10.2.1 via Bell sim, ran like ****, stuff not working, apps closing out, slow, battery drain, hot. I did backup after 4 tries, that worked. I gotta get this phone running asap...
    04-16-14 05:45 AM
    I don't think that holding down the power button disrupted anything really because I think I've done on more than one occasion. Honestly, security wipe is a royal pain in places where the sun never shines and I wish there was a better way around that but here's what I did on one.
    On the phone I just did an autoloader of a fresh OS which wiped everything user installed and then let it remain without any setting up. If it's a device you want to use again right away then setting up or restoring in even easier . Maybe that's the workaround of this annoying issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 07:08 AM
    You should wait a little longer as others have advised, but I find it hard to believe interrupting a security wipe would brick your phone. Things can happen, your battery could die or someone could enter 10 wrong passwords on a BlackBerry and initiate a security wipe with only 20% battery left. I'll bet if you pull the battery and put it (or another) back in the security wipe will simply resume from where it left off. At least that's what someone on a forensic site who tried to stop a security wipe to salvage the data wrote. But yea, you're close to that supposed maximum limit so you should wait longer at least 14 hours if people are saying it could take twelve.
    dikku11 likes this.
    04-16-14 07:12 AM
    Is the process complete??
    04-16-14 09:44 AM
    Nope, Im so tired. Prob like 13-14 hours now. Paper being shredded and circle spinning below it. Has never said "security wipe in process" I gotta figure something out. We leaving town in couple days.
    04-16-14 10:07 AM
    Of course ATT now drops update hours after this debacle. WTF. I ended up just doing the reload in preferences of Link. Rebooting now...
    04-16-14 10:51 AM
    Just do a pull. Have encountered it twice. Won't harm anything. If still not working run an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 11:07 AM
    Running now. Now time to hopefully restore my backup...
    dikku11 likes this.
    04-16-14 11:09 AM
    Running now. Now time to hopefully restore my backup...

Is ur device back to life now? (Fingers crossed)
    04-16-14 11:39 AM
    so far so good. Wish I did this in the beginning. Now my wife has duplicate facebook account in hub. ahhh this never ends.
    04-16-14 02:29 PM
    Probably should have used the autoloader and then manually added back the accounts instead of restoring
    There was obviously something buggy to begin with, hence the reason the device ran so terribly. Probably better to re-add accounts manually and only restore what is absolutely necessary

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    04-16-14 02:34 PM
    Try de-associating both the accounts and add it again, it might help.. And yes, with BlackBerry sh*t never ends! lol

so far so good. Wish I did this in the beginning. Now my wife has duplicate facebook account in hub. ahhh this never ends.
    04-16-14 08:54 PM
    Try de-associating both the accounts and add it again, it might help.. And yes, with BlackBerry sh*t never ends! lol
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:16 AM
    You should wait a little longer as others have advised, but I find it hard to believe interrupting a security wipe would brick your phone. Things can happen, your battery could die or someone could enter 10 wrong passwords on a BlackBerry and initiate a security wipe with only 20% battery left. I'll bet if you pull the battery and put it (or another) back in the security wipe will simply resume from where it left off. At least that's what someone on a forensic site who tried to stop a security wipe to salvage the data wrote. But yea, you're close to that supposed maximum limit so you should wait longer at least 14 hours if people are saying it could take twelve.
    DO NOT INTERRUPT A SECURITY WIPE. EVER. Leave it plugged in to a charger and walk away. Eat, sleep, jog, play, but leave the phone alone. Go back after it restarts BY ITSELF.

Trusted Member Genius
    04-17-14 03:52 AM
    Sometimes a security wipe just does not finish no matter how long you wait. I've had one going for about two days on a clean system. Pulling is the only option to wake the process again. It won't do any harm.

Posted via CB10
    johnkb24 likes this.
    04-18-14 01:59 AM
    sometimes a security wipe just does not finish no matter how long you wait. I've had one going for about two days on a clean system. Pulling is the only option to wake the process again. It won't do any harm.

Posted via cb10

same prob, even pUlling the battery or running an autoloader or exe a sic dont help. Just keeps showing the paper shredder and the circle with a blue revolving ring.
    johnkb24 likes this.
    04-18-14 05:02 AM