I have had a Q10 for a few days and I setup the gmail acounts using this guide

How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com

From rock solid using BIS with my Torch to hit and miss regarding email delivery with my Q10 .

And what I notice re mail that does arrive late....one cannot tell from the arrival date to the phone that it was ever late! How can this be the case?

In any event this results in even more uncertainty. At least when the occasional email arrived late to my Torch I could see by how much it had been delayed.
    11-05-13 04:34 AM
    HI!
    So when you say mail arrives late, are you saying by minutes? or days?
    11-05-13 04:58 AM
    Are you sure this isn't a problem caused by:
    A.) The sync interval you have set for that account;
    B.) Your internet (data/wifi) connection?

The timestamp on the email shows when it arrived in your inbox, not when it showed up on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:42 AM
    Are you sure this isn't a problem caused by:
    A.) The sync interval you have set for that account;
    Thanks for the reply.

I have the sync set to the shortest interval...5 minutes?

The timestamp on the email shows when it arrived in your inbox, not when it showed up on your phone.
    I am confused. For my OS 7 phone there were two time stamps...one showing when the email arrived to the phone and the other when it reached the...server/inbox? And it could be the case that these two times were different for mail arriving 'late' to the phone.
    11-05-13 06:54 AM
    HI!
    So when you say mail arrives late, are you saying by minutes? or days?
    Thanks JD for replying. Mail does arrive to the phone but it can be up to a half hour late and occasionally not at all.

I just wonder if anything is to be gained by deleting one of the email accounts and starting again w/o maybe using the advanced setup

(For OS 7 it was simple and painless to delete an account and then re do via the on-line BIS)
    11-05-13 06:58 AM
    I know for me, some of my accounts are synced almost instantly, even faster than on my other devices. On the other hand, I have some that are not. You may want to check what the settings are on your provider. (For instance, EAS is close to instant, but Novell can take up to 15 minutes. I'm also not entirely sure what I set my sync interval to, but I'm guessing that if a service doesn't support instant push, that would be the issue.)
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:37 AM
    Thanks JD for replying. Mail does arrive to the phone but it can be up to a half hour late and occasionally not at all.

I just wonder if anything is to be gained by deleting one of the email accounts and starting again w/o maybe using the advanced setup

(For OS 7 it was simple and painless to delete an account and then re do via the on-line BIS)
    I would try doing the normal setup for the account, and at least checking what the results are like. That's how I've set all my accounts up.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:38 AM