I am sure BB10 will get better, but for now there are two features I miss sorely:

1) display the URL of a link.
    On iOS if you keep the linked pressed you can see where it will take you. On BlackBerry you have to copy the link and paste it somewhere. If you paste it in the browser good luck with checking the link's legit, it's hard to scroll to the website name.

2) change e-mail address.
    On iOS you can set an e-mail address and change it later, on BlackBerry you need to delete and recreate the account.
    In fact iOS 7 is even better than 6, because it remembers which e-mail addresses you've used - I used that feature all the time since I have several addresses for one account.

The features may already exist in 10.2.0 (which I use) or 10.2.1, but I didn't see them.

There are other things iOS mail client does better but these are the ones I suffer most from.
    01-20-14 03:55 PM
    I am sure BB10 will get better, but for now there are two features I miss sorely:

On iOS if you keep the linked pressed you can see where it will take you. On BlackBerry you have to copy the link and paste it somewhere. If you paste it in the browser good luck with checking the link's legit, it's hard to scroll to the website name.

On iOS you can set an e-mail address and change it later, on BlackBerry you need to delete and recreate the account.
    In fact iOS 7 is even better than 6, because it remembers which e-mail addresses you've used - I used that feature all the time since I have several addresses for one account.

The features may already exist in 10.2.0 (which I use) or 10.2.1, but I didn't see them.

There are other things iOS mail client does better but these are the ones I suffer most from.
    I carry a Z30 and an iPhone 5. So I follow where you're going. The benefits of BB 10 email/Hub far outweigh the few omissions for me. On the other hand, my wife prefers the iOS email system to BB 10. It all depends on what you want/need.
    01-20-14 04:01 PM

1) If you click on it, you go straight to browser. By no means do you need to copy and paste, unless the sender of the email deliberately remove hyperlink, then in that case, iOS users won't be able to click it either.
    As for the peak, your peak function on iOS is still invoking the browser to display what the site is, just in a different context. I fail to see how this has any benefit. If it has a virus, it will infect regardless if you go to the site or use iOS's peak.
    2) If you pull down the email you are writing, you can change emails. It's there BB just doesn't show a bunch of crap on the screen like iOS does
    01-20-14 04:01 PM
    I think he means copy and paste the link to the notepad or similar so you can check that it points to the correct domain (e.g.your bank) and not some phishing site. IOS allows you to examine the URL before you open it in a browser. If you click it on the BlackBerry you've immediately told the scammers yours is a live email address with a gullible user (they invariably have a unique reference in the link to identify you), and you've just added yourself to another A grade spam and scam target list.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 05:14 PM
    I think he means copy and paste the link to the notepad or similar so you can check that it points to the correct domain (e.g.your bank) and not some phishing site. IOS allows you to examine the URL before you open it in a browser. If you click it on the BlackBerry you've immediately told the scammers yours is a live email address with a gullible user (they invariably have a unique reference in the link to identify you), and you've just added yourself to another A grade spam and scam target list.

Posted via CB10
    That.

As for the email address, I know how to select a different account thanks. What you can't do is go in the account settings and change your email address (for example from [email protected] to [email protected]). That's missing and it's quite a glaring gap.
    01-20-14 05:58 PM
    What? This makes no sense.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to break it to you but when you open the email from any browser, desktop or mobile, the address or addresses are automatically resolved to make for quicker launching of said site. This is something all modern browsers do.

They say not to open an email you consider spam, once you do even if you don't select the link, the spammer knows your accnt is active.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:29 PM
    That.

As for the email address, I know how to select a different account thanks. What you can't do is go in the account settings and change your email address (for example from [email protected] to [email protected]). That's missing and it's quite a glaring gap.
    Why would one want to do that? Do you change your email address often, but keep everything else the same? *confused*
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-22-14 01:16 AM
    Yes, what the heck are you talking about? Just have all the accounts you own added to your device and surely you never need to manually change your email address.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-22-14 01:48 AM
    I think he's talking about changing the alias, it's the same email address but it looks like it's coming from a different email address. This is usually used to protect your main email name from spamming.

Say if you register with a site and you don't want to give them your actual email address you create an alias that you can then cancel at any time.
    01-22-14 02:51 AM
    I'm baffled.
    01-22-14 03:53 AM

Your 1st one is quite a security breach, I'd like to hope that functionality appears later on, I tried it on 1925 and can't see a way of determining the link address without clicking through to open in browser, iOS does indeed have that function which I do use frequently.

2nd I'm not 100% of how your using this, could you explain a scenario?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:05 AM
    I think he's talking about changing the alias, it's the same email address but it looks like it's coming from a different email address. This is usually used to protect your main email name from spamming.

Say if you register with a site and you don't want to give them your actual email address you create an alias that you can then cancel at any time.
    I can see the point, but why not just have an email for junk registrations? I've got one that I only use for that purpose and just check once in a longwhile for confirmation links and such.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:37 AM
    I can see the point, but why not just have an email for junk registrations? I've got one that I only use for that purpose and just check once in a longwhile for confirmation links and such.

Posted via CB10
    I'll put it this way, why have many when you can have just one with disposable aliases

I friend of mine is a big user of this feature. I can't say I use it much.
    01-22-14 06:50 AM
    Different ways of doing the same thing I guess.
    01-22-14 08:25 AM
    Sorry to break it to you but when you open the email from any browser, desktop or mobile, the address or addresses are automatically resolved to make for quicker launching of said site. This is something all modern browsers do.

They say not to open an email you consider spam, once you do even if you don't select the link, the spammer knows your accnt is active.
    Do you have the proof?

Yeah I use aliases, it's for stuff I want to see as soon as it arrives but I worry the address could be misused.
    Last edited by _.-jido_.-; 01-23-14 at 03:09 PM. Reason: missing quote
    01-23-14 03:03 PM
    #1 has been a pain for a while as I double check links all the time. #2 is not that big of a deal, though I do use aliases. Definitely room for improvement here.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1925 | STA100-3 10.2.1.1925
    01-23-14 04:03 PM
    Well here is my issue. i have a few businesses and i have an alias for each one i set up on mac years ago. So i would like to respond to emails with the proper alias so it comes from the right business. Is there any way i can set this up so i can use my z30. i can't very well go back and start new with all new email addresses. any ideas anyone?
    02-12-14 09:13 PM
    Well here is my issue. i have a few businesses and i have an alias for each one i set up on mac years ago. So i would like to respond to emails with the proper alias so it comes from the right business. Is there any way i can set this up so i can use my z30. i can't very well go back and start new with all new email addresses. any ideas anyone?
    I believe this thread might be exactly what your looking for, check it out. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...s-bb10-820767/

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    02-12-14 11:33 PM