It takes a lot for me to get irritated but I think I'm over the edge now.

The freakin' dial pad tone drives me absolutely mad! Why isn't BlackBerry giving us the option to remove this damn thing? It's loud, childish, and the worst of all down right EMBARRASSING! It's been there since the launch of BB10 for the love of God.

I've seen numerous posts about this issue (and yes I'm calling it an issue) yet BlackBerry cannot acknowledge a single simple request.

Seriously, which phones on the market nowadays have this embarrassing "option"? Sometimes I need to dial numerous digits (not phone numbers) in the dial pad and I actually have to go and silence my phone to avoid people commenting on the dial pad tone.

Give us the damn option, it is really not that difficult.

/rant
    07-04-15 07:24 AM
    Yeah know what you mean, but for now the only fix is hold down the 'Q' key till the phone goes into Silent mode, then dial.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    passport1 likes this.
    07-04-15 07:51 AM
    The new os has the option to remove it mine is silent now

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    Which OS version?
    07-04-15 08:05 AM
    10.3.2? This would be sooooo nice. It's ridiculous, I agree with OP.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:19 AM
    Can you please specify where it is cause I run 10.3.2 and cannot find this option

Posted via Z30
    07-04-15 08:28 AM

Can you show us where that option lives? Not seeing it on my Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.680. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:28 AM
    Only way to silence it permanently, is to turn off sound for whatever profile you use, then override profile volume under customize app notifications for that specific profile.
    07-04-15 08:34 AM
    Only way to silence it permanently, is to turn off sound for whatever profile you use, then override profile volume under customize app notifications for that specific profile.
    Yup this the "workaround"

Not ideal but it works
    07-04-15 08:37 AM
    Someone needs to switch to decaf lol
    07-04-15 08:55 AM

Unfortunate that you didn't take the time to direct us to this setting instead of just saying it's there. Would love to know where this is as well.
    Please share.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:17 AM
    Unfortunate that you didn't take the time to direct us to this setting instead of just saying it's there. Would love to know where this is as well.
    Please share.

Posted via CB10
    There is no setting. The only way is the workaround I posted a few posts back in this thread.
    07-04-15 10:18 AM
    I do also think there should be an option to customize or remove it. But I actually like having it. It was a bit loud somewhere along the way of OS updates but it seems to be back to normal now.

I don't see anything "childish" about it. Children probably won't even know what those tones are unless phones continue to make those sounds. Why shouldn't a 'phone' make 'phone noises'?
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-04-15 10:25 AM
    If your phone is set to vibrate only you won't hear it.
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-04-15 10:42 AM
    Silence your phone. That's the setting - a quick setting. Then dial. But seriously, dial tones are childish and embarrassing? Sometimes (colder weather), the feedback is helpful in letting you know your tap was received. Especially with a long series of digits.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-04-15 10:44 AM
    This works , I hate that dial pad sound too.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:51 AM
    This is "not" a issue, it is your preference, wow must be a slow news Saturday and first world crap comes to light. You are kidding right, God has nothing to do with this menial stuff, get over yourself.
    bungaboy, rthonpm, howards and 2 others like this.
    07-04-15 10:57 AM
    This is an issue? I just thought it was the way phones are! Guess I'm more laid back than some folks.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:11 AM
    For those of you who are not bothered with this issue, then please feel free to leave this thread. I understand it's an open forum and an open discussion but I have an issue with it and as it appears several other members have an issue with it as well. Again it might not be an issue for you but having to silence my phone so I can dial numbers peacefully and then un silence my phone so I can hear my phone ring IS an issue for me.

Childish might be a bit over the top but yes it is embarrassing when I'm pounding on the dial pad in an elevator with multiple people around me all standing silently and someone throws a comment such as a 'dial tone really? ' (of course in a joking manner). The dial tone is anything but low!

I also prefer to not tell them that 'BlackBerry decided to not give us the basic option to remove the dial pad tone' and add to BlackBerry's already tarnished image.

Posted via CB10
    passport1 and veved like this.
    07-04-15 11:25 AM
    1. Your "issue" could've been presented without the over the top thread title. You chose to be dramatic in presenting your "issue", so the feedback shouldn't be surprising. A title of "how do I..." would've gotten the info you need, and likely wouldn't have attracted the opposing views. But I suspect you know that.
    2. A greater issue may be your habit of pounding out phone numbers:
    a) under any circumstances
    b) particularly in crowded elevators
    3. Who are you people that are "embarrassed" by your phone? I ask because I often wonder if these are teens expressing these concerns, perhaps because they do not make their own phone purchases.

Counter-rant over.
    Last edited by Genghis2k3; 07-04-15 at 12:00 PM.
    07-04-15 11:47 AM
    1. Your "issue" could've been presented without the over the top thread title. You chose to be dramatic in presenting your "issue", so the feedback shouldn't be surprising.
    2. A greater issue may be your habit of pounding out phone numbers:
    a) under any circumstances
    b) in crowded elevators
    3. Who are you people that are "embarrassed" by your phone? I ask because I often wonder if these are teens expressing these concerns, perhaps because they do not make their own phone purchases.

Counter-rant over.
    1. My issue has been present since the release of BB10. It's about time we get the option to remove the tone. BlackBerry programmers face a challenge removing the tone? Put a less intrusive 'audible feedback' (see: virtual keypad). This is called frustration and this is me trying to make a point to whomever reads these posts from BlackBerry. Just search the forums and see how many are annoyed by it. Sometimes things need to go big in order to be heard, and I'm glad I caught your attention and hopefully others too.

2. Got it. Now it's my fault and I should be careful where I should be pounding out the numbers or how I should be pounding out numbers. Or maybe I shouldn't hold on to each key too long to have the continuous audible tone to make sure I clicked the button?

3. Is it a prerequisite on the CB forums to be past 19 years of age to start a thread about something like this? Or should the teens have bought their phones from their own money to complain?

Posted via CB10
    sandouga likes this.
    07-04-15 12:06 PM
    Well... there is another option actually for k/b equipped phones... turn assistant on first, close it and then start typing: "call xxxxxxxxxx"

This way your phone will not make any sound while dialling

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:18 PM
    For those of you who are not bothered with this issue, then please feel free to leave this thread. I understand it's an open forum and an open discussion but I have an issue with it and as it appears several other members have an issue with it as well. Again it might not be an issue for you but having to silence my phone so I can dial numbers peacefully and then un silence my phone so I can hear my phone ring IS an issue for me.

Childish might be a bit over the top but yes it is embarrassing when I'm pounding on the dial pad in an elevator with multiple people around me all standing silently and someone throws a comment such as a 'dial tone really? ' (of course in a joking manner). The dial tone is anything but low!
    Well, sorry to call you out here, but since you left yourself open:
    How often are you actually dialing a number? I realize this is not the point but it is certainly valid in determining how big of an 'issue' this is to you compared to most people. I will go so far as to say that 98% of the time, I am either calling a number from my contacts or from my recent calls which means not using the number pad MOST of the time. Even when calling a new number, it's usually either a clickable link on a website or from a message and, even still, only requires a long press on the phone number and then select the option to call.
    Just how often are you dialing numbers manually?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-04-15 01:09 PM
    Well, this is CB, so based on what thread your in determines how to internet and online forums are allowed to work.

I find the dial pad tone annoying. I only encounter a very few people that allow their device to make feedback when selecting input.

I wish there was a single toggle option to turn the tone off. Not a deal breaker in any way.

When I am at a customers quiet office, I get handed a a piece of paper with a phone number on it to call, and I start dialing and the tones start playing, it is embarrassing.

Easy to play off.

 Classic
    07-04-15 01:15 PM
    If you type tel number from PKB there is no dealing tone and no need to do via Assistace. But anyhow i agree they should put in setting switch off dialling tone like option
    07-04-15 03:29 PM
    Well, sorry to call you out here, but since you left yourself open:
    How often are you actually dialing a number? I realize this is not the point but it is certainly valid in determining how big of an 'issue' this is to you compared to most people. I will go so far as to say that 98% of the time, I am either calling a number from my contacts or from my recent calls which means not using the number pad MOST of the time. Even when calling a new number, it's usually either a clickable link on a website or from a message and, even still, only requires a long press on the phone number and then select the option to call.
    Just how often are you dialing numbers manually?
    "You're holding it wrong", eh?
    07-04-15 03:58 PM
190 123 ...