Hey guys....

I'm sure everyone knows this but me, but I just went into app world and went to My Apps and Games. While in there I hit the "Three Dots" more button and seen a check for updates. Hit it and there were 5 updates in there...including box and Facebook! it didn't just happen automatically.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 06:50 PM
    Oh mm and BlackBerry Maps too!

02-11-13 06:51 PM
    Yeah I just had to manually check for app updates and found like 9 avail able!

Why aren't there automatic notifications of available updates on BlackBerry World? They only appear in the Hub AFTER you do a manual 'check for updates ' but at that point I am already well aware that I have them!

Where is the 'download all' button?

02-11-13 07:17 PM
    The reason is so that updates don't become annoying, it only polls about once per week. If you want to check for updates more frequently, you're welcome to. If you had waited longer, you would've been notified.

P.S. There is an "update all" button at the bottom.
    MaxR_A likes this.
    02-11-13 07:24 PM
    I agree. I prefer to manually look for updates. I have so much random updates on n'y ipad it annoys me so much.

02-11-13 07:40 PM
    Just though I'd point it out because a lot of people said they were having problems with fb and wondered why no updates yet.
    Also I can't image having so many apps that it would bother me to get the notifications automatically.

02-11-13 07:50 PM
    What's the ver number, cause I'm pretty sure most people have it updated already (my fb got updated the second day I got the phone I believe to .83)

02-11-13 07:55 PM
    Ya. It's. 83. Lol. Like I said. I'm slow. Much like the Canadians were when the Leafs spanked them on sat night. ;-)

02-11-13 08:03 PM
    Ya. It's. 83. Lol. Like I said. I'm slow. Much like the Canadians were when the Leafs spanked them on sat night. ;-)

Ah you got me there

02-11-13 08:05 PM
    The reason is so that updates don't become annoying, it only polls about once per week. If you want to check for updates more frequently, you're welcome to. If you had waited longer, you would've been notified.

P.S. There is an "update all" button at the bottom.
    I can appreciate that constantly getting bombarded with update notifications can get really annoying and app updates checked on a weekly basis makes sense but, with all the little bugs that come with a new OS in the first few months, consumers want fixes right away, so it would make more sense to have BlackBerry World update daily for the first couple months.

02-11-13 08:35 PM