Why does BlackBerry OSes have so slow boot sw? It takes ages to boot my Z10 once restarted! Earlier BlackBerry Torch would also take hell lot of time ...why can't BlackBerry implement faster boot sw with small footprint????

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:20 PM
    Time to load the 10.3 OS.
    09-14-14 11:30 PM
    Waiting for the official release!!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 11:39 PM
    Faster boot times on other platforms sounds like an incomplete shutdown/restart.

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-15-14 12:16 AM
    It's doing security checks to make sure no code is injected at startup and making sure that no unsigned files are running at boot up.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:43 AM
    Because its a secure boot.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    miker476 likes this.
    09-15-14 01:07 AM
    Time to admire your beautiful BlackBerry!

*Posted via CB10*
    tinochiko likes this.
    09-15-14 05:18 AM
    Boot time of 20 seconds is better than boot time more than 2 minutes!!! If that's secure boot, BlackBerry should provide Fast Boot option too because many times apps behave erratically and requires rebooting the device !!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 06:19 AM
    Boot time of 20 seconds is better than boot time more than 2 minutes!!! If that's secure boot, BlackBerry should provide Fast Boot option too because many times apps behave erratically and requires rebooting the device !!

Posted via CB10
    Then that would be insecure, and BlackBerry doesn't want that.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    09-15-14 06:22 AM
    Does it really matter? How many times a day do you reboot the phone?

I once went 4 months without having to reboot the phone.....

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 06:53 AM
    Same here... I reboot very rarely. Last time was 30 days ago, when I switched battery.
    If an app is responsible, change it. By the way, which one it is ?
    I guess it's an Android one... well, Android apps are sandboxed, so there is no need to restart the phone except if the app scrambled the VM.
    09-15-14 08:04 AM
    I haven't rebooted since the last OS update. Rebooting time is only an issue if you own an Android device.
    09-15-14 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    So you want a insecure boot because apps are acting erratically with a leaked OS? Now there is a good plan. I only use official releases on my daily driver and I reboot maybe every two or three boots. If you were using an official release, you wouldn't care about boot times. The long boot times are one of the reasons that you can't root a BB10 device and all other OS's can.
    ronfc and Richard Buckley like this.
    09-15-14 10:18 AM
    So you want a insecure boot because apps are acting erratically with a leaked OS? Now there is a good plan. I only use official releases on my daily driver and I reboot maybe every two or three boots. If you were using an official release, you wouldn't care about boot times. The long boot times are one of the reasons that you can't root a BB10 device and all other OS's can.
    He didn't mention what version he has, the only reference was that he's waiting on the official release when someone else recommended 10.3.
    09-15-14 10:24 AM
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247 this is the version I'm using. This is the official version.

I usually face below issues:
    1) hub hangs...nothing opens from hub
    2) when I click on Settings from drop down quick access menu, it doesn't open. It simply gets me to home page.
    3) when I try to change network from 3G to 2G option, it doesn't get changed. Phone remains locked to 3G. Even if I turn off Mobile Network from quick access or from inside settings menu, it doesn't display "Turning off radio" message. Buttons just get toggled. And turning it ON again, shows connected to 3G.
    4) I have last OS update done in June.
    5) I too didn't have to reboot the Z10 when I bought the phone in last September. But now I'm facing these problems frequently.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:19 AM
    Does it really matter? How many times a day do you reboot the phone?

Posted via CB10
    I agree with the exception that I often change batteries, or shut off the phone on planes when traveling, but I don't mind the reboot time, I know it is doing what it is supposed to do. I don't remember the last time I had to reboot because of a problem, it has been too long ago.
    09-15-14 12:27 PM
    To test your patience.
    09-15-14 12:48 PM
    2) when I click on Settings from drop down quick access menu, it doesn't open. It simply gets me to home page.
    Seems to be an issue with your accounts. How many did you have ?
    By the way, there is a very easy way to reset the hub : just swipe your finger quickly 5 times from the top-right to the center of the screen. No reboot needed...
    09-15-14 02:01 PM
    Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247 this is the version I'm using. This is the official version.

3) when I try to change network from 3G to 2G option, it doesn't get changed. Phone remains locked to 3G. Even if I turn off Mobile Network from quick access or from inside settings menu, it doesn't display "Turning off radio" message. Buttons just get toggled. And turning it ON again, shows connected to 3G.
    4) I have last OS update done in June.
    5) I too didn't have to reboot the Z10 when I bought the phone in last September. But now I'm facing these problems frequently.

Posted via CB10
    I have faced all of them listed above, when discussed on crackberry I was informed the below things:

Issue:
    No apps open, either from hub or from menu or settings -
    Reason -
    There is not enough memory (RAM) on the device at that particular instance of time, which has only one solution - Restart

I have upgraded to 10.3 now, Till now I havent faced these previous issues!
    Cheers and Goodluck!
    09-15-14 02:23 PM
    Maybe it's time for you to reload OS. Or install leaked 10.3.. Seems like something is wrong with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 10:51 PM
    You guys are ridiculous! Just because you haven't rebooted your phone in x amount of months doesn't mean the OP should be OK with long boot times. My phone would freeze up while using maps on a clean OS (no leaks) and I'd have to wait up to 5 minutes to use maps again. I'm not knocking blackberry for having it this way but the way you guys "ganged up" on the OP was wack.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:12 PM
    Maybe you should look around you, breathe, stretch your fingers a bit, take a pee, wash your face,.. and before you know it,.. this slow a$$ device will be ready for you.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    09-16-14 12:23 AM
    Time to admire your beautiful BlackBerry!

*Posted via CB10*
    Pretty much this

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 01:27 AM
    I rarely reboot. And when I do, I'm comforted knowing that it is doing a security check for inserted boot-code or rooting. I have no problem waiting, because I know that upon start up, I'm getting a device I can count on and feel secure using.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Bluenoser63 and Qurve like this.
    09-16-14 02:16 AM
    Why does BlackBerry OSes have so slow boot sw? It takes ages to boot my Z10 once restarted! Earlier BlackBerry Torch would also take hell lot of time ...why can't BlackBerry implement faster boot sw with small footprint????

Posted via CB10
    Define "ages." If you look online for "iphone reset time," you will see they are no different. the only real difference is that when you "turn off" and iphone, they don't completely shut down, so they "turn on" quicker." If you do a reset, like our reboot, it takes a long time, just as the Blackberry does. I'm sorry you are having issues. It may be better to figure out exactly why you have to reboot so much and fix that issue, delete the offending app, whatever, rather than worrying about somehting that is simply a fact of life with computers or smart phones, they take a while to reboot.

Good luck.
    09-16-14 11:25 AM
64 123