I am looking for an integrated QR generator. What I mean by this is the ability to share stuff with it. From the browser for example, we can share via NFC, social networks, email, etc. I am looking for an app I can send URLs, selected text, etc to and have it generate QR codes. I would be more than willing to pay a few dollars for such functionality and I'm sure others would be as well.

Is this even possible and does something like this already exist?
    02-13-13 09:51 PM
    I don't use this myself, but I was told about http://www.qrstuff.com/ might be what you are looking for. its not an app, but done online in the browser.

if it doesn't work, no harm no foul
    02-13-13 09:54 PM
    There is quite a few apps that can generate QR codes already, aside from websites. I am just trying to save myself an extra step of copying text, switching to a QR app and pasting text. There should be a way to do this via the share menu.
    02-13-13 10:16 PM
    I am looking for an integrated QR generator. What I mean by this is the ability to share stuff with it. From the browser for example, we can share via NFC, social networks, email, etc. I am looking for an app I can send URLs, selected text, etc to and have it generate QR codes. I would be more than willing to pay a few dollars for such functionality and I'm sure others would be as well.

Is this even possible and does something like this already exist?
    Try the included Smart Tags App? The icon has the NFC symbol embedded in a QR code.
    02-13-13 10:43 PM
    Nice, didn't even think of that. It has the ability to scan 1D barcodes as well like UPCs and does let you generate QR codes. Unfortunately it still doesn't give the ability to share. You can share with NFC, but not smart tags.
    02-13-13 10:57 PM