So I really want my Passport to last as long as possible but it is wearing out. Looking at getting a backup but I don't want a backup and the software is useless. I can live with the app situation but the browser worries me. Are the native browsers available on BlackBerry world just skins over the original? Or are they able to update it's webpage rendering? Not sure about Android browsers they have been hit or miss for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 09:54 AM
    So I really want my Passport to last as long as possible but it is wearing out. Looking at getting a backup but I don't want a backup and the software is useless. I can live with the app situation but the browser worries me. Are the native browsers available on BlackBerry world just skins over the original? Or are they able to update it's webpage rendering? Not sure about Android browsers they have been hit or miss for me.

Posted via CB10
    I have been dealing with some of the same problems. Browser is going good then. Stops and shuts down. Apps are doing this. I have a few do it frequently. Best bet is to fire up BBW and have a look. They do have free ones. But if you want feature rich there are some paid ones that have been getting good reviews.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 01:32 PM
    I am having trouble typing in fields on my native browser. Text appears so slowly in the field that it's useless. This was a problem a while back before an update. Also, double typing coming up again.

IMO, it is unethical for BlackBerry to be actively selling new bb10 devices if it doesn't have an updated OS. I hope they update soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 02:43 PM
    As far as I remember 10.3.3 doesn't really add anything onto the browser performance wise, so even in the unlikely event BlackBerry releases 10.3.3 in this lifetime, it won't help.

A problem is that the browser app is merely an interface on top of the system's WebKit library; I doubt the third-party native browsers are reinventing the wheel by shipping their own WebKit/Blink/whatever, so they're stuck with the constraints of the stock browser.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    09-24-16 02:57 PM
    As far as I remember 10.3.3 doesn't really add anything onto the browser performance wise, so even in the unlikely event BlackBerry releases 10.3.3 in this lifetime, it won't help.

A problem is that the browser app is merely an interface on top of the system's WebKit library; I doubt the third-party native browsers are reinventing the wheel by shipping their own WebKit/Blink/whatever, so they're stuck with the constraints of the stock browser.
    Yeah that's what I figured maybe some functionality added with third party browsers but the guts are the same. Only thing holding me back from a backup BB10 phone is the browser. Was great, now ok with more pages having issues. Not sure if it will hold on for another 1.5-2years to justify a backup.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 03:55 PM
    I am having trouble typing in fields on my native browser. Text appears so slowly in the field that it's useless. This was a problem a while back before an update. Also, double typing coming up again.

IMO, it is unethical for BlackBerry to be actively selling new bb10 devices if it doesn't have an updated OS. I hope they update soon.

Posted via CB10
    I partially agree. Maybe not new apps or features but some maintenance to the core of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 03:57 PM
    You can sideload some certifications if you have to

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    09-24-16 04:21 PM
    The browser is dying it's finished no.point in.buying a bb10 device now. Truly **** on from. A great hight

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 04:39 PM
    This post saddens me.

What sites are you having troubles with?

I haven't noticed any issues yet with the browser but I confess I don't use it that extensively.

#workwide #OG Black
    09-24-16 05:07 PM
    The browser is dying it's finished no.point in.buying a bb10 device now. Truly **** on from. A great hight

Posted via CB10
    The BB browser is the only browser I use on my Classic, and it works perfectly fine on all sites I go to. (And the bookmarks feature works perfectly well)

Are you having site specific issues with your browser?
    09-24-16 06:07 PM
    My native BB browser for example is having trouble playing youtube videos when opening m.youtube.com........ Last month I was able to watch normally but from September it is loading only 3gp versions and after watching at full screen it keeps stoping and freezing constantly.

Also, I can hear sounds always, but videos are freezing.

This is the only problem I have for now with native browser. Using Q5 and 10.3.2.2836 OS.
    09-24-16 06:27 PM
    Install QBrowser. Available in BBworld.

Fantastic browser.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Vladislavt likes this.
    09-24-16 06:31 PM
    I'll try. Thanks Jamaa 😉
    09-24-16 06:40 PM
    I partially agree. Maybe not new apps or features but some maintenance to the core of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying new features. I'm saying core functionality.

Chen has just raped this brand. I think he will get nowhere with selling software.

Posted via CB10
    Optimus4 likes this.
    09-24-16 08:45 PM
    I have been dealing with some of the same problems. Browser is going good then. Stops and shuts down. Apps are doing this. I have a few do it frequently. Best bet is to fire up BBW and have a look. They do have free ones. But if you want feature rich there are some paid ones that have been getting good reviews.

Posted via CB10
    This sounds more like a hardware problem to me if it's doing this with different apps and the browser. Or you might benefit from a reinstall of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 08:46 PM
    No problem here. Check network speeds. Try dolphin browser.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-24-16 09:36 PM
    My browser only acts weird and downright stubborn if battery save mode is on. Otherwise, it works just fine for me.

Passport!
    09-24-16 10:10 PM
    Polarity's an Android browser but it works really well on BB10. Worth a shot, even as an alternative for some sites.(Way more lightweight than Dolphin, and has ad blocking and other nice features built in)

It used to feel lightning fast, but I personally find the native browser to be just fine, even now. Browsie Browse is another one that's getting good dev support.
    09-25-16 03:02 PM
    My native BB browser for example is having trouble playing youtube videos when opening m.youtube.com........ Last month I was able to watch normally but from September it is loading only 3gp versions and after watching at full screen it keeps stoping and freezing constantly.

Also, I can hear sounds always, but videos are freezing.

This is the only problem I have for now with native browser. Using Q5 and 10.3.2.2836 OS.
    Turn off desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 07:22 PM
    Turn off desktop mode
    Woooooow, man. Much obliged. I forgot definitely to turn off desktop mode. 😉

Also didn't know that that can be the cause.

Thanks again very much yessuz
    09-25-16 07:52 PM
    This post saddens me.

What sites are you having troubles with?

I haven't noticed any issues yet with the browser but I confess I don't use it that extensively.

#workwide #OG Black
    Not some of my main sites but general browsing seems worse especially menus that pop out or text boxes. An example would be engadget, I used to go there sometimes but now just avoid it. I first chalked it up to bad website design but too many sites now.

On a positive note usually my BB10 browser is better than my iphone browser, particularly for sites that don't have a mobile site.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 10:27 PM
    The BB browser is the only browser I use on my Classic, and it works perfectly fine on all sites I go to. (And the bookmarks feature works perfectly well)

Are you having site specific issues with your browser?
    I just mentioned engadget but when just browsing lots of the Internet hitting links I get issues. Even buzzfeed which I try to avoid has troubles. Lots of sites with embedded video has issues as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 10:29 PM
    Install QBrowser. Available in BBworld.

Fantastic browser.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Haven't tried that one I will give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 10:33 PM
    Polarity's an Android browser but it works really well on BB10. Worth a shot, even as an alternative for some sites.(Way more lightweight than Dolphin, and has ad blocking and other nice features built in)

It used to feel lightning fast, but I personally find the native browser to be just fine, even now. Browsie Browse is another one that's getting good dev support.
    I found some of the android browsers only partially worked. Dolphin was ok I think it did flash?? Haven't tried polarity, time for another test run.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 10:36 PM
    I found some of the android browsers only partially worked. Dolphin was ok I think it did flash?? Haven't tried polarity, time for another test run.

Posted via CB10
    Tried a bunch of Android options, myself. Polarity always won out; it's the only Android browser I install on my BB10 devices (and Android tablet and TV stick, for that matter). Hope you have a similar experience!
    09-26-16 10:14 AM
28 12