Just got an email from BlackBerry World team and they changed Flip Shush to have minimum OS version 10.2.1 since it uses Long Running Headless feature.

The reason stated is that certain builds of 10.2.0 don't properly support long running headless applications.

Thought I'd share! Bummer for all those who haven't updated yet!
    11-01-13 10:24 AM
    How can we update? My carrier hasn't given us anything but 10.1.0.
    It's only because i loaded a leak did I get 10.2.0
    And I just bought this yesterday! That sux
    11-01-13 10:29 AM
    This isn't new. It was on the devblog a few weeks ago.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-01-13 10:47 AM
    This isn't new. It was on the devblog a few weeks ago.
    No I know that this was already known. But the enforcement is new. It happened about 30 minutes ago. Before I was able to have Flip Shush available to anyone with 10.2.0+
    11-01-13 10:48 AM
    So as long as I don't uninstall my headless app version of Flip Shush running on 10.2.0 it will continue to work?
    Paul86 and Mack Gans like this.
    11-01-13 11:03 AM
    Another BlackBerry shot in the head.

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    11-01-13 11:55 AM
    I see this as a positive.. there's were many complaints about the way long running headless apps were being implemented in 10.2.0.. pushing it back to 10.2.1 hopefully means they are retooling it, and while nobody likes to wait, here's hoping it'll be done better when it does launch.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:59 AM
    If hide and pin active frames is available, people can live with apps that requires to run on the background. While dev or the os mature.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 12:10 PM
    Just got an email from BlackBerry World team and they changed Flip Shush to have minimum OS version 10.2.1 since it uses Long Running Headless feature.

The reason stated is that certain builds of 10.2.0 don't properly support long running headless applications.

Thought I'd share! Bummer for all those who haven't updated yet!
    Glad I purchased it yesterday - Great app - Thanks
    11-01-13 01:04 PM
    So as long as I don't uninstall my headless app version of Flip Shush running on 10.2.0 it will continue to work?
    Mine is working great - did the in app update yesterday and everything is working very well. This is a really nice app and it is a shame BB put the 10.2.1.xxxx requirement. I assume that only means you can't download it from app world, because the pro version didn't turn into a pumpkin at midnight last night and stop working. Thanks again to the dev jamespaulmuir
    11-01-13 04:45 PM
    In my opinion, things like this are on the list of some items that should have been perfected by the release date especially given the amount of time and schedule delays that went into the OS. So to me headless capability is just another thing that BlackBerry is late with. They have done some good work lately but it's been a real disappointment in some areas.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    FF22 likes this.
    11-01-13 05:44 PM
    If hide and pin active frames is available, people can live with apps that requires to run on the background. While dev or the os mature.

Posted via CB10
    Hide active frames? Lol

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    11-01-13 06:12 PM
    Hide active frames? Lol

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    And show inactive frames.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    FrankIAm likes this.
    11-01-13 06:17 PM
    Here's what I wrote elsewhere when I was in a snit which continues by the way:

"Obviously, not blaming you but this is pure BS. Why can't they let the world move ahead even while they hide under a rock not selling devices that lack some of the power and sophistication of BB7 devices. They seem to have their finger on the pulse of come corpse somewhere - they killed the Playbook announcing the demise of Tablets in five years while TABLETS are selling faster than anything else out there. Sheesh, just SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They might even sell another million BB10 devices if they just restored the BRIDGE, the now crippled function between the Playbook and their phones. "
    11-01-13 06:28 PM
    I see this as a positive.. there's were many complaints about the way long running headless apps were being implemented in 10.2.0.. pushing it back to 10.2.1 hopefully means they are retooling it, and while nobody likes to wait, here's hoping it'll be done better when it does launch.

Posted via CB10
    you are massively wrong. its not a positive.

If i was a dev that had sorted an app to run in the background based off BlackBerrys own guidelines, and released my app timed with the 10.2 launch, then id be making money. However, with this forced change, my income as a dev would suddenly of dissapeared as nobody can download it as 10.2.1 isnt out yet (geez some dont even have 10.2.0 yet!).

So there ya go, you let the dev build the app to your stringent guidelines, you accepted it as a headless app, then after a very short sales life you killed the devs product. heres the question:
    Do you think the devs affected will:
    A) go `oh, well thats no biggie, didnt want to sell that app anyways`
    B) go `wtf! i just poured my time and effort into that, now i cant make any money from it!`

Hint, its most probably not the former.
    clickitykeys and SnoozerBold like this.
    11-02-13 12:02 AM
    How can they take away a feature they already announced and released. SMH.
    11-02-13 01:40 AM
    Another delay, blackberry always really good at this. Yay...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:47 AM
    My question is, how come "headless" apps wasn't ready at release? Kinda doesn't make sense if you ask me, of course nobody is asking me....Smile.....another palm slap to the forehead

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:26 AM

If i was a dev that had sorted an app to run in the background based off BlackBerrys own guidelines, and released my app timed with the 10.2 launch, then id be making money. However, with this forced change, my income as a dev would suddenly of dissapeared as nobody can download it as 10.2.1 isnt out yet (geez some dont even have 10.2.0 yet!).

So there ya go, you let the dev build the app to your stringent guidelines, you accepted it as a headless app, then after a very short sales life you killed the devs product. heres the question:
    B) go `wtf! i just poured my time and effort into that, now i cant make any money from it!`

Dev were told long running headless wouldn't be supported until 10.2.1 but they could develop them on 10.2. As a developer I don't see the problem here.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:57 AM

Well I'm glad you informed me my OPINION was massively wrong.. perhaps you need to Google the definition of opinion.

Anyway, my take on this as a positive was not in relation to how this is impacting the dev's.. I'll stipulate that the situation would be less then ideal if you are a dev who has already coded a headless app, but there's what 3? 6? So far? Pain of a few for the benefit of many. The devs are the ones who were complaining about the implementation of the long running headless apps. A delay likely means they are working on a way to do it better for those dev's.. so in the end the program will be better for all IN MY OPINION.
    11-02-13 10:17 AM
    OPINION
    IN MY OPINION.
    as a mod, you should just know that your caps key seems a tad stuck, remember, theres no need to shout online people.
    11-02-13 10:26 AM
    Dev were told long running headless wouldn't be supported until 10.2.1 but they could develop them on 10.2. As a developer I don't see the problem here.

Posted via CB10
    so theres nothing wrong with approving an app, then denying it afterwards?

says volumes about the approval process i think tbh.
    11-02-13 10:28 AM
    Half baked os like playbook. Lacking in every aspect. Taken more than a year and still we must wait.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 10:38 AM
    so theres nothing wrong with approving an app, then denying it afterwards?

says volumes about the approval process i think tbh.
    No more than submitting an application for an OS level that lacks official support.

They could have made devs wait for a 10.2.1 beta build, or build on a leak.

Compared to BBOS development, developers have a huge amount of freedom. You may believe BlackBerry is moving too slowly, but causing support issues by jumping the gun will just buy us long term pain for short term gain for a few.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:32 PM
    With all these "headless" apps finally coming into exsistance (bout' time), for 10.2, It kinda make me wonder while I sit here in total frustration why the OFFICIAL 10.2 hasn't been released on Verizon's Z10....MEH
    11-03-13 06:20 AM