I have been reading CB forums since I traded my iPhone 5 for a Z10 in March. Now I have a Q10 and I'm loving every detail of it.

I read somewhere that the only way to really close a sideloaded app is to long pressing the close button. That if you only tap it, the app keeps running in the background and it drains your battery. Is it true ?

Thanks you all for your help !
    07-27-13 05:38 PM
    I have been reading CB forums since I traded my iPhone 5 for a Z10 in March. Now I have a Q10 and I'm loving every detail of it.

I read somewhere that the only way to really close a sideloaded app is to long pressing the close button. That if you only tap it, the app keeps running in the background and it drains your battery. Is it true ?

Thanks you all for your help !
    Think of it this way.
    When you click the close button of an application in Windows. It is like tapping on the X for your BB10.
    When you go into the task manager and click on "End Task". It is like long pressing on the X for your BB10.

In most cases, simply tapping on the app will close it. In the cases where the app has issues you have to "End Task".
    If you've ever closed an app in Windows but go into the task manager just to see the app is still running, you know what I mean.

Edit: I got carried away with my analogy that I forgot one other things. There are certain apps that will try to run headless/in the background. So by long pressing you ensure it is closed. (The only one I can think of right now is Skype. But it seems it will only run in the background for a little while and then close itself.)
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 07-27-13 at 07:17 PM.
    SDTRMG and David Soriano like this.
    07-27-13 05:53 PM
    In OS 10.2 BlackBerry will add a task manager feature along with headless apps and they will keep the long press feature.

Also to reset the hub if you're ever having problems you can (from the hub) swipe from the top right bezel to the screen (in a downward diagonal position) 5 times and it will reset the hub and help speed up your phone a little and save you some RAM.

Not that you asked for it but these 2 features where created for a similar reason.

Posted via CB10
    David Soriano likes this.
    07-27-13 09:23 PM