This kind of feature has to be implemented carefully cause iOS sacrificed security for convenience. Remember how contacts, pictures all became available even if the iPhone is locked?

I believe that it is an interesting feature and that some user might be interested to have such convenience. But BlackBerry must make sure that when it open a door like this, it doesn't open a gap that can access anything in the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:47 AM
    Oh my God. So we can't possibly want or hope for a different feature for BB10? That's how OS's evolve. Do you think every feature that BB10 has is something they invented? It isn't, many are features borrowed or evolved from things that other OS's use, including its current interactive lockscreen notifications that iOS and Android had long before BB10 had it. So since people wanted that feature on BB10 should they have just left BB10 for iOS or Android or waited until Blackberry implemented it?? When that feature was released everyone was glad to have it but they didn't just jump ship for another OS because BB10 didn't have it for a while. Same with toast notifications. A lot of people wanted that for BB10. Android had it for years before BB10 so would you tell people who wanted that feature to go by an Android phone then?

I didn't say it was a feature that was a must have, I just said that its a nice feature that I find valuable and since BB10 had interactive lockscreen notifications it could be an additional feature to add to it. Some of you are way to sensitive any time iOS is mentioned.
    Stop trying to change the narrative. I asked you if you wanted BB10 lock screen to act like the IOS screen? You say no, but you want the option. That surely sounds like you want it!

I then ask have if you want that option and it is not present, why not use IOS? You won't answer! You refuse to reply and accuse me of not wanting or allowing someone's wishes. I clearly utilized the word "option" just as you did!

Stop playing the victim. If you don't want to answer thats one thing, but don't try to project that garbage on me.

I mean weren't you the one who has been saying in certain threads that having the HUB on other devices will go nowhere? But yet you make a big stink to have BlackBerry devices have an opposite option to act like IOS?

I won't even bother to ask you a simple question then. You will deflect. Carry on...

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    03-02-15 10:04 AM
    Stop trying to change the narrative. I asked you if you wanted BB10 lock screen to act like the IOS screen? You say no, but you want the option. That surely sounds like you want it!

I then ask have if you want that option and it is not present, why not use IOS? You won't answer! You refuse to reply and accuse me of not wanting or allowing someone's wishes. I clearly utilized the word "option" just as you did!

Stop playing the victim. If you don't want to answer thats one thing, but don't try to project that garbage on me.

I mean weren't you the one who has been saying in certain threads that having the HUB on other devices will go nowhere? But yet you make a big stink to have BlackBerry devices have an opposite option to act like IOS?

I won't even bother to ask you a simple question then. You will deflect. Carry on...

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you are even talking about. The title of this thread indicates that I'd like to have the lockscreen work like it does with iOS. I didn't say it had to mimic the entire way it does it because Blackberry doesn't use a swipe to the left or right feature like iOS does (for instance deleting an email in iOS is a swipe, on BB10 its a long press and then you click delete). Blackberry could implement it in a way that was suited for the OS. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that or why you even asked the question since its the title of the entire thread. I didn't say that it was a feature that I had to have, I just said I'd like it as an option as I think its a nice feature. So I'll ask you the question, if I find a particular feature useful on another OS does that mean that I should just use that OS even if its something small like a lockscreen notification? I find printing from iOS much better than Blackberry 10 but that doesn't mean that I'm going to use solely iOS. I find the file management system superior to iOS in every way but I guess since I find iOS' lockscreen better then by your rules I should just use iOS. This entire thread is just my view on what I think would make the lockscreen better, it may not be your opinion, but its mine. You started with all this "well it will delete emails in your pocket" stuff which I simply said no it won't because iOS doesn't function like that in your pocket and doesn't allow swipes like that to take place. I'm not deflecting anything. I just said that I thought this feature was useful on iOS and I think it could be equally useful on BB10. Your response is "Well if you find it so useful then just use iOS." Just because I find a particular feature of another platform useful doesn't mean I devalue the entire BB10 OS, which is what you seem to think..

Also, please point to me where I said that having the hub on other devices would go nowhere. If anything I said it might make people not want to use a Blackberry device because the hub is present on their phone IF its a feature that people find valuable. I don't know that many (or any) people are aware of what the hub even is or if they will find it useful just because BB users do. People have become accustomed to how their OS works and how it handles notifications. And if BBM on other platforms is anything like it this will be then it will be half baked and won't fully work. Do you know for a fact that having the HUB on other devices will lead to anything? No, you don't. It is pure opinion and speculation and if you don't like my opinion on it that's your problem.
    03-02-15 10:22 AM
    The BlackBerry lock screen does not function like IOS. You may want the option, but I'm pretty certain it won't happen. So to make yourself happy, why not use what has/does what you want?

So if no one has ever heard of the hub or used it. There is no demand/pining for it elsewhere. So it obviously won't be adopted because it's not wanted, correct? That sure sound like it won't go anywhere regarding adoption to me. But that's not what you were saying...

Its only a place of power if what you have is sought after by other people. Are people pining for the hub? I would guess that 99% of the population that doesn't use a Blackberry doesn't even know or care about the hub, let alone want it.

Your gift card analogy doesn't really work. People want gift cards and go searching for them. Do people want the hub and are they actively asking for it for their phone? I don't think so. People are accustomed to doing things a certain way with their phones and that probably won't change because BB is offering an app that will allow them to see all of their notifications in their hub.
    I give up.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:38 AM
    The BlackBerry lock screen does not function like IOS. You may want the option, but I'm pretty certain it won't happen. So to make yourself happy, why not use what has/does what you want?

So if no one has ever heard of the hub or used it. There is no demand/pining for it elsewhere. So it obviously won't be adopted because it's not wanted, correct? That sure sound like it won't go anywhere regarding adoption to me. But that's not what you were saying...

I give up.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah ok Brad. It's good to give up when you're entire argument is invalid and makes no sense. Wanting a particular feature from another OS is normal and how OS's get better. It doesn't mean that just because someone wants a certain feature that they also don't want to use in this case BB10. You'd be using a legacy device with BBOS if Apple hadn't made usable touchscreens popular as Blackberry would have never evolved their OS and tried to make it better.

And I'm glad you know for a fact that users of other platforms are desperate to have the hub on their phones. You should really go work for BB since you can see the future and know what everyone wants.

Good luck to you too.
    03-02-15 10:46 AM
    Umm, you can password protect it if you want.
    Then that would make it just how it is right now.
    03-02-15 10:52 AM
    Then that would make it just how it is right now.
    No it wouldn't. Unless you've used iOS which you obviously haven't then you don't know how it works.
    03-02-15 10:54 AM
    I bought BlackBerry because I wanted a BlackBerry. If I had wanted an iPhone I would have got one.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    Thalestr and Ursus Rufus like this.
    03-02-15 10:55 AM
    No it wouldn't. Unless you've used iOS which you obviously haven't then you don't know how it works.
    This is a ridiculous statement... would you bother to elaborate or are you just putting general statements here?? Most people here don't want this feature but you're still trying to convince them? If you miss iOS so much then get an iPhone and stop trying to make BlackBerry same as the iSh!t...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    Thalestr and FCSC like this.
    03-02-15 11:12 AM
    I bought BlackBerry because I wanted a BlackBerry. If I had wanted an iPhone I would have got one.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    I wasn't aware that lockscreen notifications are what made Blackberry a Blackberry.
    Meshdow likes this.
    03-02-15 11:16 AM
    Lol yeah ok Brad. It's good to give up when you're entire argument is invalid and makes no sense. Wanting a particular feature from another OS is normal and how OS's get better. It doesn't mean that just because someone wants a certain feature that they also don't want to use in this case BB10. You'd be using a legacy device with BBOS if Apple hadn't made usable touchscreens popular as Blackberry would have never evolved their OS and tried to make it better.

And I'm glad you know for a fact that users of other platforms are desperate to have the hub on their phones. You should really go work for BB since you can see the future and know what everyone wants.

Good luck to you too.
    Yup. I gave up. Because from the post I just quoted you certainly don't think the hub is going to get far. According to you it will get nowhere. You asked me to show you where you said that, and I did. Yeah. You sure think having the hub on IOS will go far, now???...

Now your turn. How about quoting me where I said it "would" be in high demand... I will ask again as long as you deflect from that statement as well.

Hey, the bb10 lock screen will not mimic the IOS lock screen. You claim that's not what you want, but if you want the option, that is indeed what you want. And, since we both agree that the lock screen functions differently on each platform, it means that it would have to mimic IOS when that "option" is activated. Since it won't happen, you should make yourself happy.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    03-02-15 11:18 AM
    This is a ridiculous statement... would you bother to elaborate or are you just putting general statements here?? Most people here don't want this feature but you're still trying to convince them? If you miss iOS so much then get an iPhone and stop trying to make BlackBerry same as the iSh!t...

DDidi say I missed iOS. To elaborate you can still have the phone password protected and use the lockscreen notifications. When password protect is enabled it doesn't allow you to delete an email until the phone password is put in. Once it's put in you can manage any and all of the notifications you get from the lockscreen. Whatever the notification is, you can manage all of them (messages, texts, calls, notifications) right from the lockscreen. So with Blackberry 10 it would be enabled without having to unlock the phone and then go into the hub. Is that enough for you?

Again I just thought it might be useful. But based on your response the mention of iOS irritates you so we can be done here.
    03-02-15 11:21 AM
    Yup. I gave up. Because from the post I just quoted you certainly don't think the hub is going to get far. According to you it will get nowhere. You asked me to show you where you said that, and I did. Yeah. You sure think having the hub on IOS will go far, now???...

Now your turn. How about quoting me where I said it "would" be in high demand... I will ask again as long as you deflect from that statement as well.

Hey, the bb10 lock screen will not mimic the IOS lock screen. You claim that's not what you want, but if you want the option, that is indeed what you want. And, since we both agree that the lock screen functions differently on each platform, it means that it would have to mimic IOS when that "option" is activated. Since it won't happen, you should make yourself happy.

Posted via CB10
    Brad you are bringing up an entirely different thread to make your point? Debate with me in that thread if you want but doing it here just makes you look desperate.

There are lots of things that both OS's do that mimic each other. And again if your response to someone who mentions that they like a certain feature of another OS is "well why don't you use that OS" then you have some growing up to do. Liking one feature doesn't mean they don't like a lot of features of BB10 but apparently that's how you see it. Please feel free to respond but I am done debating with you on this because you are Mad Brad lol!!
    03-02-15 11:26 AM
    Brad you are bringing up an entirely different thread to make your point? Debate with me in that thread if you want but doing it here just makes you look desperate.

There are lots of things that both OS's do that mimic each other. And again if your response to someone who mentions that they like a certain feature of another OS is "well why don't you use that OS" then you have some growing up to do. Liking one feature doesn't mean they don't like a lot of features of BB10 but apparently that's how you see it. Please feel free to respond but I am done debating with you on this because you are Mad Brad lol!!
    Again. You need to remember your own statements. I specifically stated that you have made statements "IN OTHER THREADS" that you don't think the hub on IOS is going nowhere. You asked me to show you where you said that... So I went to the "OTHER THREAD" where you had that view. Now you deflect again saying I shouldn't have listened to you and found your statement in the "OTHER THREAD"!!!! You're so unbelievable!!!

Stop deflecting and show me in (THIS THREAD OR ANY OTHER THREAD) that I believed it would be in high demand?!?! Still waiting...

And Stevie Wonder can see that as I asked you several specific questions you keep meandering into other realms in hopes I wouldn't follow your trail. If you would have answered the first questions regarding your wish for BB10 to mimic IOS we wouldn't be talking about everything else you wanted to steer into. And now my question to you is why not make yourself happy? I did not shoo you away!!! I am asking why be miserable if you want different options. Stop making up stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-02-15 11:41 AM
    I don't see the point of it. If you leave you phone laying around anywhere, at the office and home leave it on the bus anyone who picks it up can just delete your emails and texts messages. What's the sense of having a look screen.

I love BlackBerry as they are a security minded company first.

Security is BlackBerry's DNA!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-02-15 11:48 AM
    Again. You need to remember your own statements. I specifically stated that you have made statements "IN OTHER THREADS" that you don't think the hub on IOS is going nowhere. You asked me to show you where you said that... So I went to the "OTHER THREAD" where you had that view. Now you deflect again saying I shouldn't have listened to you and found your statement in the "OTHER THREAD"!!!! You're so unbelievable!!!

Stop deflecting and show me in (THIS THREAD OR ANY OTHER THREAD) that I believed it would be in high demand?!?! Still waiting...

And Stevie Wonder can see that as I asked you several specific questions you keep meandering into other realms in hopes I wouldn't follow your trail. If you would have answered the first questions regarding your wish for BB10 to mimic IOS we wouldn't be talking about everything else you wanted to steer into. And now my question to you is why not make yourself happy? I did not shoo you away!!! I am asking why be miserable if you want different options. Stop making up stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I'm meandering into other realms? You are the one bringing up things said in a completely different thread.

Did I say that my happiness with BB10 is dependent on the lockscreen? Where the F did I say that without this feature that Blackberry 10 wasn't worth having? Did I say I wanted the entire OS to mimic Blackberry 10? Do you think there are features of Blackberry 10 that don't mimic iOS? iOS had interactive notifications exactly like Blackberrys long before BB10 did. iOS just took it one step further with ios8.

Where did I say I was miserable? Where? Where did I say I wasn't happy with BB10? I mentioned one feature. One. Why you are so adamant that because I said I liked that one feature that I was miserable with BB10 is beyond me. By your logic everyone who wanted native apps and not Android apps should just by an Android phone. You keep saying I'm not answering your question. How else can I answer it? You are acting like I said that the entire BB10 OS should mimic iOS. I didn't say that. I simply said I liked ONE feature. If you want to construe that into me saying that BB10 needs to mimic all of iOS then you have serious problems.
    03-02-15 12:02 PM
    Duh... useless...

Ya. Deflect from your deflections. Right!

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    03-02-15 12:04 PM
    Guys we need to calm this down or this threads going to get locked pretty quick! Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't already been.

Back on topic, I'd have to disagree with OP. It is in theory a useful feature, but it just isn't practical on a BlackBerry!

As others have pointed out, security is BlackBerry's DNA and any lockscreen vulnerability that would rise from this option or this being forced would have horrific consequences for the company (if any top-level exec or really any BlackBerry10 user lost their phone or misplaced it and others were able to wreak havoc on it or mess with their personal information, it'd be disastrous for BlackBerry)

And I'm just going to throw this out there, I'm not saying go back to iOS, and I'm not joining this fight, but if you want that kind of feature you're going to need to look into Android, iOS, or elsewhere. BlackBerry wouldn't compromise their integrity just for an ease-of-use feature for a few customers.

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-02-15 12:18 PM
    OP sewms very agressive to try and force their idea. Very little people care about it...

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    03-02-15 12:22 PM
    Just to clarify, didn't OP say this feature could be password protected? What's not in the DNA of BlackBerry in that case? I mean we can technically preview text messages on the lock screen regardless of whose using the device, password or no password. If the assumption I've made is incorrect then I see what people are saying.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:01 PM
    Duh... useless...

Ya. Deflect from your deflections. Right!

Posted via CB10
    Lol right. I can't answer your questions any clearer.
    03-02-15 02:01 PM
    Lock screen is more of a content filter than actual lock screen. As a matter of fact I never understood the purpose of a double lock thing: press button to turn on screen, swipe to unlock. That is the most utter crap invented by Apple.

Today it's a different story as it act more of a notification screen than lock screen so at least it has some purpose.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:14 PM
    Lol right. I can't answer your questions.
    Fixed that for ya.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:14 PM
    I really would rather BB not be more like iOS. I like the brands to feel unique and not copy each other.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    03-02-15 02:15 PM
    Fixed that for ya.

Posted via CB10
    Ok let me help you and I'll be super specific so you understand.

Your question is: If you like the lockscreen for iOS so much why don't you just use iOS.

Answer: I just think it's a useful feature. I don't think it's a feature of all features that defines the OS or is something that would make someone want to use another OS but I think it would be useful to have. Because I like it that doesn't mean that I prefer iOS over BB10 so that one little feature doesn't mean the world to me, and I never said it did and therefor doesn't compel me to use iOS over BB10. So Brad in conclusion, the lockscreen functionality of a phone doesn't make one decide on an OS, at least it doesn't to me. I don't see the problem with saying that one likes how another OS handles them but apparently saying that makes you think that I should switch OS's. I disagree.

Now back to you Brad and just go ahead again and tell me how I wont answer your question even though I have like 10 times.
    03-02-15 02:22 PM
157 1234 ...