Hi all,

I like the new lock screen but is there a way to for example just tap the text message and it shows me who it's from as opposed to the entire message? If I leave my Blackberry sitting somewhere (which I never do) someone could theoretically just tap the message and see the contents of the message. Would be nice to be able to choose how much detail is shown.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    10-24-13 11:53 AM
    Good point. I don't think you can?
    10-24-13 11:59 AM
    Yea doesn't seem as though it's possible. If my phone is locked I'd really like that extra bit of security incase someone does pick it up.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:56 PM
    You can turn the whole preview off but, as far as I know, you can't choose how much info is given.
    10-24-13 11:04 PM
    Not at this point, but probably because no one has asked for it. Tweet Michael Clewley https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelClewley

Posted from my Z10
    10-24-13 11:04 PM
    I made this point when Crackberry showed off lock screen notifications in a video. It's a real security issue and I think the previews should turn off once the device is locked, especially seeing as we have timers ti determine how long we can see the previews until they're hidden. Options BlackBerry, we need options!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 08:21 PM
    I made this point when Crackberry showed off lock screen notifications in a video. It's a real security issue and I think the previews should turn off once the device is locked, especially seeing as we have timers ti determine how long we can see the previews until they're hidden. Options BlackBerry, we need options!

Posted via CB10
    It is not an issue if you turn that feature off.

Posted via CB10. 10.2.0.1743
    10-25-13 09:36 PM
    But why shouldn't I be able to see previews on my lockscreen when my device is unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:01 PM
    But why shouldn't I be able to see previews on my lockscreen when my device is unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    Do you want to maybe read this back to yourself and figure out where your question went awry?

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and Spawn12 like this.
    10-25-13 10:23 PM
    Do you want to maybe read this back to yourself and figure out where your question went awry?

Posted via CB10
    I'll help him.

If your device is unlocked, you are passed the lock screen, and thus the lock screen previews are uneccessary and quite redundant.

What are you going to do, wait till the screen turns off and turn it back on just to see the preview? You could just as easily go to the hub and read/reply to said message thus being more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:35 PM
    I'll help him.

If your device is unlocked, you are passed the lock screen, and thus the lock screen previews are uneccessary and quite redundant.

What are you going to do, wait till the screen turns off and turn it back on just to see the preview? You could just as easily go to the hub and read/reply to said message thus being more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    One assumes if the phone is unlocked and being used then yes, it would be silly to do all that. Unless, of course, one has their device unlocked but the screen went dark while it was sitting on a table or desk.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.641
    10-25-13 10:44 PM
    I'll help him.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I chose the wrong word. When I say unlocked I mean when there's no password lock if that makes sense. I have a password set to lock my Z after half an hour. After this time I want lockscreen previews to not show up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ruhban; 10-26-13 at 01:07 PM.
    10-26-13 06:02 AM
    Lock screen is a lock screen regardless of whether you have a password set or not.

Posted via CB10. 10.2.0.1743
    10-26-13 03:06 PM
    It still makes no sense why you can't choose to only show certain details, such as just the sender. On the iPhone with the phone "locked" you can choose to not display the contents of the message, it will just say something like "text from insert name here"

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:26 PM
    @ruhban, I suppose previews only show up for messages that come in after the screen is locked not for messages that were there before the screen locks

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:04 AM
    Hi , I Just want to Hide time displayed at the Lock Screen .. ! i Want plain lock screen .. ! is it possible .
    12-13-13 01:06 AM
    I have just suggested this to be configurable via the beta zone app, I suggest others do as well. It should be an easy option to implement.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:30 AM
    Hi , I Just want to Hide time displayed at the Lock Screen .. ! i Want plain lock screen .. ! is it possible .
    No not possible.

One thing that I think would be good is if the phone is locked and the screen is off then when an incoming message comes in, the screen came on rather than having to press the top button to wake the phone up.

Unless I'm missing something and this should happen, doesn't happen on my z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:01 AM
    It's a trade-off between security and convenience. You can't have both. There's such a thing as too much customization in features.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:13 AM
    No not possible.

One thing that I think would be good is if the phone is locked and the screen is off then when an incoming message comes in, the screen came on rather than having to press the top button to wake the phone up.

Unless I'm missing something and this should happen, doesn't happen on my z30.

Posted via CB10
    You're not missing anything, BB10 does not have screen wake notifications. I believe it's less secure that way. I don't want anyone reading my notifications when the screen just turns on to display incoming notifications, but an option would benefit those that wouldn't mind a little less security.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    12-14-13 04:38 AM
    You're not missing anything, BB10 does not have screen wake notifications. I believe it's less secure that way. I don't want anyone reading my notifications when the screen just turns on to display incoming notifications, but an option would benefit those that wouldn't mind a little less security.
    Indeed options are always good. Let's hope BlackBerry will implement some options for us.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:35 AM
    Have a friend with a z10 and the message preview shows BBM messages on the home/lockscreen. how do you disable this ?
    01-16-14 06:28 PM
    Have a friend with a z10 and the message preview shows BBM messages on the home/lockscreen. how do you disable this ?
    Go into your settings, then go into display and scroll down to lock screen notifications and disable that.

That should disable any notifications showing up on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:48 AM
    The new BB OS 10.3.3 can disable the information inside the message and just show the sender name
    02-20-17 02:24 AM