Since BB10 syncs all contact information, it is hard to tell what is "local" in the address book and what is pulled in (eg: from Facebook).

Is there a way to view only the "local" part (or any specific part, for that matter) of contact information?

As well, is there a way to automatically sync any newly added contact information into Gmail contacts?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-15-13 01:12 PM
    To show one particular contact list, open Contacts and tap the "All" at the bottom left. Select which list to look at -- except Local Contacts only. To view Local Contacts only, swipe down from the top of the screen and go to settings. Turn "Show account in contact list" to off for all accounts. (This doesn't delete them, it merely hides them.) Return to your main screen to see what left -- those are Local Contacts.

As for ensuring any new contacts go to Gmail only, I've had mixed results. [Speculation] I seem to be fine since I went to Settings > Accounts> Set Defaults, and set my Gmail as default email and G-Cal as calendar. Contacts isn't specified here, but may be tied to the Gmail email account.

Hope this helps.
    05-15-13 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

It seems there is a minor issue (with 10.1) since there is no option to display/hide Skype contacts so they always appear (thus I can't see only "local" contacts).

Regarding the defaults, I don't think that works (I had them set as defaults, but they still add locally). Maybe they need to implement a "contacts" default.

biranty likes this.
    05-15-13 02:48 PM
    I am having a similar issue. Can not sync the "Local" created contact on BB10 into Gmail? Anyone has a solution for this?
    06-16-13 12:32 PM
    I only have a Gmail account added for contacts and all my new contacts added to local contacts and synced to Gmail.

When I add a new contact I always click the add new button and let it automatically link it with the appropriate Facebook/twitter account. I noticed if you add a new number to an existing Facebook account it won't sync with Gmail
    06-16-13 12:41 PM
    I don't have any 'Local' list at all since I installed 10.1. Everything goes to Gmail. I do have a 'SIM' list but its empty.
    06-17-13 05:58 AM
    I don't have any 'Local' list at all since I installed 10.1. Everything goes to Gmail. I do have a 'SIM' list but its empty.
    I had a serious mess with my contacts unti I upgraded to 10.1.0.4651 then i started from scracht and only sync my gmail list which i spent several hours polishing before sync. When I open my contact list it looks exactly the same as my gmail list with contacts pictures and all BUT... now when one of my contacts calls me their name and/or picture does not show so the contact list it is not IDying my callers. Any one has a solution to that?
    08-08-13 03:50 PM
    Check if your phone numbers in the contact list are in proper international format (for eg +1... etc).
    08-08-13 11:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

It seems there is a minor issue (with 10.1) since there is no option to display/hide Skype contacts so they always appear (thus I can't see only "local" contacts).

Regarding the defaults, I don't think that works (I had them set as defaults, but they still add locally). Maybe they need to implement a "contacts" default.

Can't help you with the skype part but on my q5 any new contacts I create are added to the local contacts AND synced to my google account. I have the defaults set as above.

You need to check your local contacts and click on the link icon at the bottom to see the local link and the google link.

From my Q5
    08-09-13 03:49 AM