I've had the Z10 for over a week now. And the more i use it, the more i feel that the phone is missing features. Bbm is nothing like the one on bb7.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 05:19 PM
    Missing or you just haven't asked or found them yet? You do know it isn't going to be anything like OS 7?
    KermEd likes this.
    02-23-13 05:28 PM
    Like the old what?
    02-23-13 05:29 PM
    I know it is nothing like os7. But that should mean that it's better. I can only assume that they weren't ready by launch. Which means they are gonna add more features with the coming updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 05:39 PM
    True but I've read many threads where someone is complaining about something missing only to find someone posts where and how to find it.
    02-23-13 05:43 PM
    Rroyy mentioned 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 then said that maybe he was giving too much away if that's true, lots of updates to come. when os7 went to os7.1 there were some nice additions, so hopefully we'll see some action soon.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 05:47 PM
    Tisk Tisk... never buy something off impulse, you knew it was new... and new is never complete... ever
    GTiLeo and Crowezine like this.
    02-23-13 05:51 PM
    Which means they are gonna add more features with the coming updates.
    Is there any evidence or word from BlackBerry confirming that legacy features (fully customized profiles and alerts, etc.) will be returning eventually?
    02-23-13 06:37 PM
    Best to let others beta test a totally new hardware/software platform for at least 6 months. I know it's hard to ignore all the pre launch hype but you must.
    Postfuhramt likes this.
    02-23-13 06:48 PM
    To the OP, with all due respect, why post a complaint citing "Loads" of issues, when you havent provided any?
    As others have noted, first generation software release rarely if ever is perfect.
    Might i suggest you learn the phone thoroughly, experiment, give yourself an opportunity to adjust to a new phone and new OS?
    As for bb7 to which your post refers, you are somewhat correct, the z10 version is "Different", we naturally fear and resist change...either adapt to the change or give up, and go back to your comfort zone.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:30 PM
    Had BB promoted certain features and not delivered then this thread would make sense... as such it does not.....
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-23-13 08:29 PM
    Rroyy mentioned 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 then said that maybe he was giving too much away if that's true, lots of updates to come. when os7 went to os7.1 there were some nice additions, so hopefully we'll see some action soon.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't he the AT&T bridge guy? I didn't know he was also the source of remotely credible information..?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:07 AM
    I think it has been more or less confirmed that 10.1 will be the launch software for the q10 so logically speaking 10.2 and 10.3 are just a duh, that's obvious comment rather than a scoop by anyone unless they were also offering a timeline too.

As far as the OP's comments about loads of missing features especially in bbm, why not actually list some, as some may be obsolete in the new version, others may be found in a slightly different way that you have missed and some might indeed be missing, but there is no way to tell from some nebulous generic comment.
    MaxR_A and yabanumay like this.
    02-24-13 06:28 AM
    and it is a lot better !!
    02-24-13 07:06 AM
    I think it has been more or less confirmed that 10.1 will be the launch software for the q10 so logically speaking 10.2 and 10.3 are just a duh, that's obvious comment rather than a scoop by anyone unless they were also offering a timeline too.

As far as the OP's comments about loads of missing features especially in bbm, why not actually list some, as some may be obsolete in the new version, others may be found in a slightly different way that you have missed and some might indeed be missing, but there is no way to tell from some nebulous generic comment.
    I suppose i should have listed some. Unfortunatly, I'm too lazy to write them up.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:16 AM
    I suppose i should have listed some. Unfortunatly, I'm too lazy to write them up.

Posted via CB10
    You really should list them. Some of the features may actually still be there but there may be a different way to go about them. If you don't list them no one can help you or even confirm if a feature you want is indeed missing.
    02-24-13 08:23 AM
    Tisk Tisk... never buy something off impulse, you knew it was new... and new is never complete... ever
    this, and when i bought i accepted this fact and i am not lettign small bugs or things effect the over all awesome experience i get when using my Z10
    02-24-13 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    and unfortunatly you just shouldn't have a smartphone if you're to lazy to wrtie them then you're to lazy to explore, maybe you shouldn't have boug ha new phone, clearrly change frightens you or you're just to lazy to adapt to it
    bbfan1040 and andyj1967 like this.
    02-24-13 11:26 AM
    Not sure what you find is missing from a BBM perspective? I find it's carries everything, BBM Voice works on to BBOS, BBM video, App Integration, etc...

Outside of some of their key apps I love(BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry News, Social Feeds) the only feature that needs significant upgrade is the notification configuration. Not much along the lines of choices, Silent or Normal basically, and changing it is not intuitive. Also, some of the long time BlackBerry tones are gone and they should bring them back. When you hear them out you know its a BlackBerry. Outside of that not sure what you are referencing?
    02-24-13 11:30 AM
    and unfortunatly you just shouldn't have a smartphone if you're to lazy to wrtie them then you're to lazy to explore, maybe you shouldn't have boug ha new phone, clearrly change frightens you or you're just to lazy to adapt to it
    Wow. Why are you so aggressive. Did I insult you in anyway? This is uncalled for.
    02-24-13 12:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope you weren't too lazy to look a little harder for the features you say are missing
    02-24-13 12:19 PM
    Here are some features that are missing or just annoying in bbm:
    1) no ability to turn off notifications for groups
    2) when copying from a conversation, it pastes not only what you copy but also the user name you copied from.
    3) no ability to add SMS contacts to bbm. That was there in os7.
    Here are some features that should be included in the overall OS:
    1)Profiles: there should be more profiles just like before.
    2)Hub management: there should be a way to only view unread messages. There should also be a way to only view all emails (unified email inbox). Currently you only have the option to view the entire hub or each and every account separately.
    3)In the search feature. Some apps that I search for don't come up.
    4) in app world, I can't change the language, I am in an Arabic speaking country so I get the menus in Arabic, I want them to be English. And even though set my entire device to be in English, I still get some Arabic here and there, also I have to check for software updates manually every time. Or else I wouldn't know I have updates ready to download.
    5) why I can't I have a simple numerical phone unlock screen. I don't want a full keyboard. I only want numbers.
    6) for media sharing on TV. I can't stream web videos like from YouTube. I can only stream my own videos.
    7) in email account management. I cannot turn off accounts. I can only delete them.
    8) the clock app doesn't give you a choice of multiple alarms.

These are the ones that come to mind so far. This is my opinion. If you don't have the same opinion, it's ok. We have different points of view always. Just don't come barking at me. I'm just saying what I feel is missing.
    Last edited by yabanumay; 02-24-13 at 12:58 PM.
    02-24-13 12:43 PM
    7) in email account management. I cannot turn off accounts. I can only delete them.
    I think you can turn them off from the Hub.
    02-24-13 01:02 PM
    They are not going to bark at you because a) some will have an alternative solution and b) Some of these features are already discussed in Other similar threads. Besides again, BlackBerry READS these forums, they Have to know what is missing so they do it right in the next big update(s). So Please List more when you think of them And ADD details!
    02-24-13 01:06 PM
    I think you can turn them off from the Hub.
    I just checked again. And no. You can't turn them off
    02-24-13 01:07 PM
38 12