Loading web pages in the background?
I tried a beta-device last week and was surprised to see that web pages didn't seem to continue to load when you leave the the browser (i.e. when minimize it).
Is that how the browser actually works or was it a beta-thing?
Thanks for confirming it.
That's disappointing, and very surprising, given hos much BB have touted BB10's multitasking capabilities. Heck, even iOS can load pages for in background for a few seconds.
It's a complete dealbreaker as I often leave the browser to do something else while loading a web page. No Z10 for me I guess....
- CrackBerry Genius
02-04-13, 06:55 AM #4
- 3,822 Posts
It's probably not an issue on Wifi.
The problem is that while I'm on my daily commute the connection is obviously less than ideal, so I regularly switch to other apps while a page is loading instead of staring at a blank screen for several seconds.
But you're right, it'd be interesting if others could confirm it.
- CrackBerry Master
02-04-13, 01:12 PM #6
- 1,457 Posts
I'm hopefully getting my Z10 tomorrow (I'm in Canada) but when I played with the demo model in the future shop the browser was pretty damn fast. On current Blackberry's I too will look at other things while a page loads. I'm not sure that will be needed with BB10.
- By peoples_flip in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-23-12, 01:42 PM
- By cronaldo7 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-30-11, 11:03 AM
- By cronaldo7 in forum BlackBerry Curve 3GReplies: 3Last Post: 01-30-11, 11:03 AM
- By dwood95503 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 07-03-08, 02:19 AM
- By mr.madison in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 11-07-07, 01:40 PM