I loaded 10.2.1.2141 on my BB Z10, was very impressed with the OS. Loaded a bunch of my Apps on it the first day. A few days later setup my Gmail and Visual Voice Mail.

Now my battery is just getting drained it's days like this I miss my Curve. LOL
    03-07-14 03:01 PM
    I loaded 10.2.1.2141 on my BB Z10, was very impressed with the OS. Loaded a bunch of my Apps on it the first day. A few days later setup my Gmail and Visual Voice Mail.

Now my battery is just getting drained it's days like this I miss my Curve. LOL
    Z10 battery life will always suck.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    03-07-14 03:06 PM
    Z10 battery life will always suck.

Well that certainly doesn't jive with previous experiences. I have had multiple email accounts on my BBZ10 and not had this level of battery drain.

I appreciate the helpful response though. :-P
    03-07-14 03:22 PM
    Mine took about a week to "settle" down (4 email plus other social media accounts). With moderate use (emails, BBM, whatsapp, a couple of calls, CB browsing, texting), I am good for 8-10 hours. However, I also do some tweaks such as setting screen brightness down to 30%, turning off wifi in no-wifi areas, turning off bluetooth when not needed, pulling emails every 30 mins, using Task Manager to "kill" any Android app running in the background and not checking my phone every 5 mins for the latest anything. Of course, someone who uses their phone far more heavily will have a different experience but so far so good for me.
    03-07-14 03:35 PM
    My stl100-1 goes 2-3 days now

Posted using BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    03-07-14 03:38 PM
    Mine took about a week to "settle" down (4 email plus other social media accounts). With moderate use (emails, BBM, whatsapp, a couple of calls, CB browsing, texting), I am good for 8-10 hours. However, I also do some tweaks such as setting screen brightness down to 30%, turning off wifi in no-wifi areas, turning off bluetooth when not needed, pulling emails every 30 mins, using Task Manager to "kill" any Android app running in the background and not checking my phone every 5 mins for the latest anything. Of course, someone who uses their phone far more heavily will have a different experience but so far so good for me.
    So for a week to settle down does that mean I should see better battery life over the next few days? I literally go from 20% to 0% in minutes sometimes. That seems way abnormal to me and if this is normal, BlackBerry should give me some kind of warning message about heavily synced emails or better yet provide me with an option so that my phone isn't brutalized while "settling" stuff just happening behind the scenes without disclosure to the user isn't very user friendly.

Before I loaded Gmail and Visual Voice Mail I could go for a couple of days without a charge, I didn't need to babysit BlueTooth, Wifi or my Display Brightness. Clearly the changes I have just made have impacted my battery life far more than what connectivity options I have enabled.

My stl100-1 goes 2-3 days now

Without knowing what is loaded on your phone or the usage you give your phone the 2-3 day battery lifespan information isn't very helpful.

What is the secret behind your 2-3 day battery life?
    03-07-14 04:17 PM
    So for a week to settle down does that mean I should see better battery life over the next few days? I literally go from 20% to 0% in minutes sometimes. That seems way abnormal to me and if this is normal, BlackBerry should give me some kind of warning message about heavily synced emails or better yet provide me with an option so that my phone isn't brutalized while "settling" stuff just happening behind the scenes without disclosure to the user isn't very user friendly.

Before I loaded Gmail and Visual Voice Mail I could go for a couple of days without a charge, I didn't need to babysit BlueTooth, Wifi or my Display Brightness. Clearly the changes I have just made have impacted my battery life far more than what connectivity options I have enabled.

Without knowing what is loaded on your phone or the usage you give your phone the 2-3 day battery lifespan information isn't very helpful.

What is the secret behind your 2-3 day battery life?
    No secret.. at the beginning my battery lasted 5 hours but I had a lot of stuff to do when I got it..
    Now I just notifs mails and other stuff on certain hours when I have free time..
    Heavy sms and calls..
    The rest of the time is on stand by mode

03-08-14 04:30 AM
    No secret.. at the beginning my battery lasted 5 hours but I had a lot of stuff to do when I got it..
    Now I just notifs mails and other stuff on certain hours when I have free time..
    Heavy sms and calls..
    The rest of the time is on stand by mode

I guess you Don't have any social networking done on your device

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    Last edited by mzway; 03-08-14 at 05:50 AM.
    03-08-14 05:21 AM
    I guess you Don't have any social networking done on your device

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    I have all the social there is out there.. but I check on them only on certain moments when I have free time
    Facebook twitter LinkedIn G+ foursquare tango and so on

03-08-14 07:00 AM
    This update ruined bbm and Gmail. I don't game and I certainly don't APK. Pissed off, ruined 3 z10's on my family plan. Wiped, it doesn't fix, so don't reply with non-helpful suggestions. In other words, look at my sig.

03-08-14 05:36 PM
    Actually it seems it's back to a more suitable battery life. I think my Googles has lots to sync.
    03-10-14 09:54 AM