When I picked up my Galaxy Tab this morning to read the news, I got a notification to install 4.4. So I launched the installation and damn... I'm least eating my eggs without my daily news... compared to BlackBerry 10, you can't update and use Android at the same time.

Sometime we forget the little things that BlackBerry does so well that differentiate it from competition. What else do you think sets BlackBerry 10 apart?

Posted via CB10
    santhoshmanikandan likes this.
    09-21-14 06:56 AM
    Hub
    Gestures
    Keyboard ( which my friends envy while using the swipes in keyboard)
    Opening apps as cards rather than opening the entire app in hub
    Swipe up to unlock l

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-21-14 06:59 AM
    The keyboard

From Zarafet my Z30.
    09-21-14 07:29 AM
    The keyboard

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Ok. That wasn't a little thing.
    How about the fact that, when I'm typing. And I put a period after a space. It automatically switches the space for the period and allows me continue typing

From Zarafet my Z30.
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    09-21-14 07:30 AM
    Ok. That wasn't a little thing.
    How about the fact that, when I'm typing. And I put a period after a space. It automatically switches the space for the period and allows me continue typing

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Was about to post the same thing. Very smart.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:48 AM
    Was about to post the same thing. Very smart.

Posted via CB10
    Well my windows tablet does that also.

The kb, it knows what I mean when I type crap.
    09-21-14 07:58 AM
    Well my windows tablet does that also.

The kb, it knows what I mean when I type crap.
    Yes, but when for some reason you do want "first space then period", you hit the backspace and BB10 undoes the auto correct. I find that a very useful little feature.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-21-14 09:56 AM
    I do love that when auto corrects something I didn't want changed all I have to do is backspace twice and it changes back to what I wanted.
    09-21-14 10:02 AM
    Virtual keyboard (flick)
    Blend (soon)
    Hub
    Advanced interactions

Check out my photography channel
    09-21-14 10:04 AM
    I love that. After taking a picture, I can just swipe the thumbnail upwards to quickly preview. #littlethings

From Zarafet my Z30.
    09-21-14 10:30 AM
    I am addicted to one and two fingers swipe to delete!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:23 PM
    I like dragging the back arrow in the lower left corner to get me straight back to the first level folder or forum. I might be several levels deep into the forums of CB10 and one swipe returns me to the first level. Same with the File Manager and other apps. It's small but it shows some thoughtfulness by the BB10 folks who seem to appreciate that a lot of little things get you moving easier and faster.

Posted via CB10
    LeeU1911 and Chris Chin like this.
    09-21-14 12:35 PM
    I like dragging the back arrow in the lower left corner to get me straight back to the first level folder or forum. I might be several levels deep into the forums of CB10 and one swipe returns me to the first level. Same with the File Manager and other apps. It's small but it shows some thoughtfulness by the BB10 folks who seem to appreciate that a lot of little things get you moving easier and faster.

Posted via CB10
    That is one thing that is very practical and that we don't think of. On android you have to hit the back button til you get to the first level... and I find myself often hitting it too much and end up closing the app!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't even know of this! Thanks!!

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    09-21-14 01:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a consistent application of the 'peek' principle. You can peel back a layer(s) to check but you don't have to commit to it. Love it.

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    09-21-14 01:23 PM
    For me it's the Language Detection. I speak 3 languages on a daily basis and I love how BB10 predicts what language I'm typing in. I hated the constant switching between languages on Android.
    bobshine likes this.
    09-21-14 01:54 PM
    If you have videos that you don't want to appear in your Videos album go to file manager and zip it/them into a folder. You can always access it from the zip folder in the file manager. You know...those videos for research purposes.

09-21-14 01:58 PM
    If you have videos that you don't want to appear in your Videos album go to file manager and zip it/them into a folder. You can always access it from the zip folder in the file manager. You know...those videos for research purposes.

Ah yeah... I like to do research on my free time

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:26 PM
    For me it is hands down the BB's ability to scan meeting invites and just know how to dial in so all I have to do is click Join Me. It really does make me smile, just a little, every time I one click into a meeting.

No more trying to memorize random 9 digit access codes after pressing a telephone hyperlink that didn't include the 1 or area code so it can't dial in, so you have to toggle back to the email and now memorize a ph# AND access code, because heaven forbid you be able to cut and paste it .... but I digress (can you tell I had some "issues" using iOS for business????)

Thank You BlackBerry, your ingenuity is simply Bliss.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:32 PM

You could simply place a .nomedia file in the folder
    09-22-14 05:13 AM
    You could simply place a .nomedia file in the folder
    Pls expantiate

From Zarafet my Z30.
    09-22-14 05:30 PM
    Of late, I've found the pinch feature in the Hub to be very useful. When I have a lot of unread notifications spread over different days, I can just pinch the hub and get all the unread stuff out the way.

Do also like the fact that you can colour code your email/social media accounts.. just makes things so much easier and quicker.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    Bungalow_Bill likes this.
    09-22-14 06:18 PM
    Of late, I've found the pinch feature in the Hub to be very useful. When I have a lot of unread notifications spread over different days, I can just pinch the hub and get all the unread stuff out the way.

Do also like the fact that you can colour code your email/social media accounts.. just makes things so much easier and quicker.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    I use the pinch feature to show all my flagged emails... usually stuff like boarding passes or hotel reservations.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:28 PM
    Picture Password Period
    09-22-14 10:44 PM
    Sometimes it's too easy to take photos and I like quickly deleting the bad ones right away rather than "I'll go through those later". It's so easy now to drag the thumbnail image up to full screen to confirm the disaster and then continuing the same swipe right over to the delete button and letting go. Tap to confirm the deletion and you're right back to the camera ready to go. Very smooth, very effective, very BB10. (I think I just invented their next slogan).

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:37 AM
27 12