I know people have had Link issues but have not seen this issue yet with Link I don't think.

I am able to back up the device (Passport) but when I sync nothing gets synced in either direction. This is true for calendar entries and contacts.

When I try to sync, Link does generate an error message for a calendar entry from 2014 (not sure why)but it does not give me an error message for the more recent items either in Outlook or on the Passport's calendar.

I used the autoloader to update the OS about three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure Outlook has been syncing with Link since that time.

I tried restarting the computer but not uninstalling and reinstalling Link. I guess this is my next attempt.

I just upgraded today from the autoloader OS version to version 10.3.3.1463 via Link. This did not help the problem of syncing Outlook with the device.

Thanks!
    03-14-17 06:44 PM
    So I tried reinstalling the desktop software. (Good luck finding it on the website. I had to Google it to find the page. I don't think you can even navigate to it through the website.)

Now neither Link nor Blend think the device is connected via USB when it is connected via USB. The PC reads it as a drive in Windows 7 as it should.

Anyone encounter this issue? My next OS will be Sailfish.
    03-14-17 08:30 PM
    As an experiment, I turned off Wifi so that Link had no choice to connect via USB or nothing at all.

Link says the device is connect but STILL thinks that the connection is via Wifi instead of USB. So it still tells me that "Your calendar and contact can't be synced using a Wi-Fi connection. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable."

Chen, you are still selling Passports! Keep the basic support software working! I'm running the most common Windows variant! This is so frustrating!
    03-14-17 08:33 PM
    Another piece of data. With WiFi turned off, I get a "Connection Error" warning in the bottom left. I no longer can view my photos so it looks like Link is having a problem with connecting via USB.

[Edit: Now it is able to let me view photos/music. It just thinks the PP is connect via WiFi.]
    03-14-17 08:36 PM
    Just in case anyone reads this, here is what I did to get the USB connection working again. I found this on the BB support website:

"I was having the same problem, my Q10 wasn't able to be backed up thru BB Link even though not on wifi. However, I did find a solution. I restarted my Q10 while it was still plugged in by USB, BB Link was also open while the restart was occuring on my phone. Once restarted, BB Link is now showing my Q10 as connected by USB and not wifi. I now have the option to back up my device (finally). Give it a try, I hope it works for you all as well."

It finally recognized it being connected via USB.

BUT -- I'm back to where I started. It will not sync. It spits out the same error that an event in 2014 could not be synced.

Also, it spits out a "Connection error" saying "There was a problem accessing the drive(s) on this device."
    03-14-17 09:04 PM
    How are you able to get it to back up?????

I've tried everything and it never works. Just keeps telling me connection error. I've tried Sachesi as well and that fails too.

Running unlocked Passport on latest release available.
    03-14-17 09:07 PM
    How are you able to get it to back up?????

I've tried everything and it never works. Just keeps telling me connection error. I've tried Sachesi as well and that fails too.

Running unlocked Passport on latest release available.
    Do you mean how am I able to get it to recognize the USB connection? I followed those directions. I left it connected via USB and did a hard reset by long pressing the power button. Now I have USB connection, but it still won't sync for me.

I'm running a backup now as a test. It seems to run the backup just fine. I'm 43% into the backup.

I almost blew an important deadline because of this syncing issue. Blackberry really p-sses me off. This company sunk so far under this CEO. I know, another issue.
    03-14-17 09:27 PM
    I got it working. I think that there was a calendar entry from 2014 that was throwing everything off. Sounds strange, but it was noting it in the error messages. I went back into Outlook and deleted that entry. (Was a series.)

Also, while syncing I completed pairing in Blend. I don't think that made the difference but I can't be sure. I think it was that old calendar entry.

Back on the BB10 saddle. Please keep working.
    03-14-17 09:51 PM
    I tried that hard reset while connected last night but still no success. Going to try it again. Leaving Blend and Link running while resetting.

Let's see if it my Passport shows up as Connected via USB. I don't do anything on wifi since in the past you (when Link worked), you could only do backups via USB.
    03-15-17 04:11 PM
    Ok, that didn't work.

Hard rebooted phone using up&down volume buttons as well as using power button on top.

Even closed down Link (not just minimize it). Removed the device from Link & readded it as well. But still same issue. Link keeps showing my Passport as not connected. Also, I don't sync anything with the Passport so that doesn't have me worried.

I bricked a previous Passport but found a brand new unlocked one on Amazon for $200 and got that. Luckily I had a back up from December and was able to restore that. But now, if anything were to happen, I'd lose anything current and would have to keep restoring from December's backup.
    03-15-17 04:30 PM
    Ok, that didn't work.

Hard rebooted phone using up&down volume buttons as well as using power button on top.

Even closed down Link (not just minimize it). Removed the device from Link & readded it as well. But still same issue. Link keeps showing my Passport as not connected. Also, I don't sync anything with the Passport so that doesn't have me worried.

I bricked a previous Passport but found a brand new unlocked one on Amazon for $200 and got that. Luckily I had a back up from December and was able to restore that. But now, if anything were to happen, I'd lose anything current and would have to keep restoring from December's backup.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Link?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 08:47 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Link?

Posted via CB10

Multiple times
    03-16-17 05:19 PM