Tired of bumping old threads so Mods, I'm sorry but this needs to be brought up to the forefront of BlackBerry community to be addressed.

We have a bew CEO, new r�gime - it's about time those of us requiring support with BlackBerry Link be addressed. With many new customers and old ones likely returning, we can't have issues with regards to the desktop software.

BlackBerry has been lackluster in avenues of support for the deaktop and since after the first update of Link, I could not launch, let alone install updates or roll back. Log files sent repeatedly and to date no help. I can't be the only one entirely frustrated with having a great phone experience marred by a terrible desktop experience.

There should be no reason to use Sachesi to back up my phone. NONE.
    Mr Chen if you truly want to turn around a great company, please address the simple issues that are driving many of us nuts. This is a huge deal to me.

Please anyone with a terrible BlackBerry Link experience, let's make this thread gain traction and get the attention it deserves so that we can get the full BlackBerry experience we all missed and loved with the older BBOS that we faithfully left after all the big promises.

Posted via CB10
    Rebop#CB, FF22 and saxxman like this.
    12-27-13 09:25 PM
    I gave up on Link a long time ago
    Rebop#CB likes this.
    12-27-13 09:39 PM
    That shouldn't happen though, let's get our voice heard. BlackBerry grew on the backs of the faithful who spread the word of its awesomeness... Now it's hard to champion BlackBerry for something they used to excel at but not any longer...

Posted via CB10
    Rebop#CB likes this.
    12-27-13 09:43 PM
    What issues are you having, specifically?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:00 PM
    I was having an issue on my laptop. Would not backup. Switched to a USB 2 port instead of the USB 3 and it worked. I know they are backwards compatible but it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Link would roll back the install during all versions between 2ND update until Aug 13 they would. Got that resolved. It now installs, but the program doesn't load completely. No UI comes to the fore. I am very tech savy, know computers well. I tired Microsoft fixit uninstallations and installs of both drivers, BBOS desktop and BlackBerry Link. I gave multiple install log files to BlackBerry beta team software engineers.gave any I could find. Tried all fixes offered in any forum dealing with Link. Tried new usb ports. Link simply doesn't work. I tried link in a Windows xp virtual desktop on my windows 7 pc. It loads but xp won't see the usbconnection. Tried the latest drivers. Installed with the phone off etc.

What I am trying to say is that it's been since the second update in February since link has worked. What I am saying is NONE of us should have this much difficulty. When we do, we shouldn't have difficulty with reaching tech support. When we do, it should be resolved reasonably quick. 10 months and countless hours at my desktop wasted so far and you'd get a little ticked. I shouldn't have to use Sachesi when and if it connects. BlackBerry Link should simply work!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Rebop#CB likes this.
    12-28-13 06:25 AM
    I have to say that I agree with you 100%... It is RIDICULOUS that there are so many issues with Blackberry Link. I have photos on my phone I would like on my computer, and I cannot use Link to do the transfer.

About a month ago I spent a total of SIX hours on the phone with Blackberry trying to get this &^)&^*^ to work!! Guess what? Still does not work. They sent another phone, nope, deleted Link and re-installed, nope.... I have had a BB for over ten years and I am ready to move on....

Hear that BB? You are losing long-time, faithful customers because of something that should be so basic and simple.

I STILL cannot get Link to recognize my device. I get an error message every single time.
    BOOOOO!
    fabberry23 likes this.
    12-28-13 07:09 AM
    My only issue with Link has been duplicate contacts. I stopped them from syncing so now I'm actually pretty happy with Link. Media sync has been smooth for me. My PC is running Windows 8.1 and the latest version of Link.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:37 AM
    Some of the problems mentioned may not belong to just Link. Sometimes it is a computer problem that is very hard to find. For instance, a couple of years back, I bought a brand new PC with one of the best Intel processors available. I used sophisticated software to transfer data and programs from my old PC to my new one and those programs that would not transfer we're reinstalled and/or updated if needed. One program that had to be reinstalled was iTunes because the new computer was 64 bit verses 32 on the old. Unfortunately, after installing Apples latest 64 bit software, I found that my optical drive would not be recognized by the software to burn CD's.
    I got on the phone with Apple and spent hours with their engineers trying to solve the problem. The tried literally dozens of fixes and came up empty. It simply would not recognize the drive.

I never gave up, however, and finally was able to resolve the problem with a program known as Driver Detective. That program scanned my PC and found one or more drivers that needed updating, even though the computer was brand new! After those updates were installed, iTunes finally recognized the optical drive and worked fine thereafter. So, was it a software problem with Apple or a computer problem with my new computer?
    After having said all of that, I would note that Link works fine on that PC. It has five USB ports and recognizes my Z10 from any port. Data, music and photos transfer perfectly no matter which port I use. Point being, one might have a computer problem as opposed to a Link problem.
    12-28-13 07:58 AM
    I use link on several laptops and desktops running windows 7 and 8.1 and I haven't really had any issues. I backup and restore when loading leaked os's and rarely run into any issues. So I don't think your issues are due to problems with link.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    12-28-13 08:51 AM
    Never had any problems with link, but with windows and usb3.0

it always worked even on windows 8.1 rc which was a driver mess with a lot of devices.

Link can only work correctly, if hardware and software do the same. Obviously the backup and restore problems I had were USB 3.0 driver based (never happened again after vendor driver update).

So, which problems do you have in detail? Maybe we can help you here.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:55 AM
    Agreed. Link is horrible!! More granularity is required for backing up devices and being able to customize. For instance, not being able to create playlists natively on Link. It relies on Windows media or iTunes.
    It's also a resource hog on my PC and even with 8G of RAM, it takes forever to load.
    I avoid using Link like the plague unless I absolutely have to use it.

Posted via CB10 for BB10
    12-28-13 11:41 AM
    Personally I have no issues with device recognition under Win XP, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1. The 2 issues I have are:- (1) Restoration of backups in BB10 is a gamble and not working properly especially in between versions changes i.e. 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1; and (2) BBM chat history is too often lost, even with non-destructive update.
    12-28-13 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's useless.

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    Lendo likes this.
    12-28-13 05:38 PM
    It's useless.

I see we are in agreement on at least this issue
    12-28-13 05:52 PM
    I didn't change a thing to my computer other that required updates from Windows. What is strange is that it worked perfectly before the first update of BlackBerry Link initial release fails to work, it's got to be a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:11 PM
    Link is obviously a stain for BlackBerry 10, with so many missing features, very unreliable and too slow, even in comparison to its predecessor BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Like many others, I still want to rely on direct Sync between my Z10 and PC. It is so easy to do it for my Bold 9900 with BDS, but so "pain-in-the-*ss" with Link and Z10.

So to the new CEO, among those things to adjust in BlackBerry, please pay attention to this issue which is important to many loyal BB users.
    12-29-13 02:02 AM
    BlackBerry Link works fine for me on
    Windows 7 64 Bit

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 02:45 AM
    We don't need link works fine please, this thread was meant to bring attention for those of us having far from the normal desktop experience. We're all finding virtually no support on the issue. I've even been directed to the carrier, but it's a BlackBerry and Windows issue and not a Rogers, Vodafone, AT&T or O2 problem. We want Chen to see there are many longtime BlackBerry loyal users who aren't getting the support we used to have so well with BBOS and old desktop that we were promised. I currently own a PlayBook, a bold 9780 and z10. I can't roll back, can't install can't do anything with BlackBerry desktop software now and have to resort to 3rd party software that is intermittent at best. I don't want to brick my device and shouldn't spend hours trying to make something work. Backup software should work, take no more that 20-30 mins and be a native solution. Please no more "mine works" we want who doesn't work so we can put a number on it.

Posted via CB10
    Rebop#CB likes this.
    12-29-13 06:47 AM
    We don't need link works fine please, this thread was meant to bring attention for those of us having far from the normal desktop experience. We're all finding virtually no support on the issue. I've even been directed to the carrier, but it's a BlackBerry and Windows issue and not a Rogers, Vodafone, AT&T or O2 problem. We want Chen to see there are many longtime BlackBerry loyal users who aren't getting the support we used to have so well with BBOS and old desktop that we were promised. I currently own a PlayBook, a bold 9780 and z10. I can't roll back, can't install can't do anything with BlackBerry desktop software now and have to resort to 3rd party software that is intermittent at best. I don't want to brick my device and shouldn't spend hours trying to make something work. Backup software should work, take no more that 20-30 mins and be a native solution. Please no more "mine works" we want who doesn't work so we can put a number on it.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you go back and wipe anything related to BlackBerry from your system, Link, DM, backup files, usb drivers, etc. Everything. Then update all your drivers, ALL your drivers. Graphics, bios, cdrom, even your touchpad drivers if you are on a laptop. Then follow these instructions and try connecting your device to your pc before installing Link again. If it works, install Link and try to connect again. If this doesn't work, its possible that your registry is so fubar, you will never get Link working without a complete wipe/reinstall of your pc OS.

If you do not follow these instructions verbatim, they WILL fail.
    12-29-13 07:06 AM
    I suggest you go back and wipe anything related to BlackBerry from your system, Link, DM, backup files, usb drivers, etc. Everything. Then update all your drivers, ALL your drivers. Graphics, bios, cdrom, even your touchpad drivers if you are on a laptop. Then follow these instructions and try connecting your device to your pc before installing Link again. If it works, install Link and try to connect again. If this doesn't work, its possible that your registry is so fubar, you will never get Link working without a complete wipe/reinstall of your pc OS.

If you do not follow these instructions verbatim, they WILL fail.
    Reficulous.

Rebop#CB likes this.
    12-29-13 09:03 AM
    This guy doesn't get it. I have done all that. I have done all things, my PC is updated weekly to latest drivers. I have used Windows fixit tool to remove everything BlackBerry related and reinstalled doing "verbatim or else" pffftt please. I am not an ***** and quite computer savy. I am not going to spend hours days and weeks to try and get something to work that worked flawless on BBOS and BlackBerry Desktop but does sweet puck all for BlackBerry 10 And Link. It should simply work.

Posted via CB10
    Rebop#CB likes this.
    12-29-13 12:16 PM
    I just bought my brother a Z10 for Christmas and while he thinks it's a great phone (his previous is curve 8520; his first ever Blackberry) he is having a really bad time getting his contacts and sms messages transferred over. As he rightly pointed out if it was an Apple product things would just work and that is the main reason why Apple sell so much hardware. BB Link managed to get all his contacts over but it also said it had done his calendar and everything else but in truth all it had done was transfer his contacts and it was a mission to do that.

He uses PC's. I use a mac and to this day there is no official BB software for macs�.! Whats the deal with that?

All these posts saying to remove this and update that�. How many customers do you think Blackberry loose due to people not being able to get things to just work? Many people don't have the time or the knowledge to get through these problems.
    12-29-13 12:57 PM
    I have Link installed on a PC and a Mac and don't really see any serious issues. It works better on my PC then iTunes ever did at least when I had an iphone. Of course it could be better like everything.

The only problem I have is with the restore time. I think it should be equivalent to the backup time and not take 3 times longer.

Maybe it's time to format your PC if the registry is to far gone.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:07 PM
    I used Microsoft Fixit and scanned my registry for issues hampering the installs and removals. My pc is up to date. People aren't getting it. It's simply not working. Does anyone have a phone number direct to BlackBerry support ? Twitter is useless, BlackBerry beta team forums are useless and i just want to speak to someone to ask them to remote connect to my PC to see exactly what's happening. I want them to see exactly what's going on and all the steps I have done. SO FAR ALL FIXES WON'T FIX. Grrrr

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:50 PM
36 12