My wifi operates on key 4, so I think that this is why I can never access it. Any idea how to change the key in BB?
    04-14-14 11:27 AM
    My wifi operates on key 4, so I think that this is why I can never access it. Any idea how to change the key in BB?
    Key 4?

You mean the old WEP thing?

Wow, you need to use something more modern. 12-year-olds can crack WEP these days.

Might be time to replace that 10-year-old router...
    04-15-14 02:48 AM
    I thought my wifi issues were resolved. Apparently not.

I tried to watch a movie online using my z10, but noticed that I'm having connection issues. I thought my wifi connection is slow. So I tried to use my laptop and go to the same site I visited with my z10. Turns out, the movie played flawlessly.

I then went back to my z10, turned off wifi and switched to 4G. The video played with no issues.

Seems like my z10 is slowing down my network speed over wifi.

Z10 STL100-2 / running official 10.2.1.2141
    I'm still getting the limited WiFi bug, occasionally it's so bad I lose the BlackBerry symbol and have to reboot on cellular data only.

It's not the router as every other device is fine, it's just my Q10 that's affected.
    04-21-14 10:23 PM
    I have this problem. Rebooting resolves the issue but only for a day or so. Is there a definitive solution? Thanks. 22 pages is a lot to filter through.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:23 AM
    Try changing the channel of the router. Had issues with the "automatic channel" setting on the router. Changed it to channel 1...and had no more issues!
    Also using Q10 and also think it's a bug.

Posted via CB10
    b34n likes this.
    04-23-14 08:13 AM
    It happens to me too. AT&T on unlocked Z30 STA100-1. It happened on my Q10 SQN100-1 and my STL100-3 too. It's not device or network specific. I suggest mentioning it to @MichaelClewley. I just switch back and forth between networks.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    04-23-14 09:14 AM
    Try changing the channel of the router. Had issues with the "automatic channel" setting on the router. Changed it to channel 1...and had no more issues!

Posted via CB10
    I've changed the router channel and switched to the 5GHz band to reduce interference. It's not the router; of my BlackBerry phones, only the Q10 is affected.
    04-23-14 09:21 PM
    OS build versions, please.
    04-24-14 06:06 AM
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 here and I am having the same issue. At least 4 or more times a week.
    I'm on T-Mobile, but my Z is direct from BlackBerry as a result of the promotion. My year old Z (locked from T-Mobile) did not ever do this, or at least it was so infrequent I never noticed.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:13 AM
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 here and I am having the same issue. At least 4 or more times a week.
    I'm on T-Mobile, but my Z is direct from BlackBerry as a result of the promotion. My year old Z (locked from T-Mobile) did not ever do this, or at least it was so infrequent I never noticed.

I assume your other device was on an older OS build, yes?

Because my working hypothesis at this point is that sometime in the last few months BlackBerry changed the way they validate network state (ie starting in some of the newer OS builds), and it creates a situation at times where it gives a "phantom network failure" (the "limited connectivity" thing) when this mechanism fails due to routing problems to the hosts on BlackBerry's network that are used for this check.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    04-24-14 06:39 AM
    OS build versions, please.
    Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141

Though I'm not sure how that helps?
    04-24-14 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    This was the ONLY thing that worked. Thanks!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 08:52 AM

Because my working hypothesis at this point is that sometime in the last few months BlackBerry changed the way they validate network state (ie starting in some of the newer OS builds), and it creates a situation at times where it gives a "phantom network failure" (the "limited connectivity" thing) when this mechanism fails due to routing problems to the hosts on BlackBerry's network that are used for this check.
    Here I am on my oldie but still goodie. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228. Exactly the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 02:53 PM

For what it is worth, I was on the phone just now with tech support at BlackBerry for another issue and asked about this. The gentleman quickly stated that there is a software glitch with a recent build and that the current work around there in his office is to turn airplane mode on fir a couple of seconds, then when the radios come back up, something whose name I cannot recall is reset. This was first level only, but he sounded pretty sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 03:26 PM
    For what it is worth, I was on the phone just now with tech support at BlackBerry for another issue and asked about this. The gentleman quickly stated that there is a software glitch with a recent build and that the current work around there in his office is to turn airplane mode on fir a couple of seconds, then when the radios come back up, something whose name I cannot recall is reset. This was first level only, but he sounded pretty sure.

Posted via CB10
    We know there's a bug in BB10, it's high time BlackBerry fixed it. Especially when so called 'fixes' and 'workarounds' don't actually help.

As much I like my Q10, it's been nothing but a pita and it's not even a year old
    04-24-14 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did he mention also if there's a fix coming soon?

04-24-14 10:02 PM
    Try turning off your cellular radio so only Wi-Fi is connected. That works for me too.

04-24-14 10:20 PM
    Just happened again.
    Solved temporarily by switching off only data from cellular connection.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    04-24-14 10:21 PM
    My routers are current and I get this issue daily. Has to be a bug.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    04-24-14 11:10 PM
    Try turning off your cellular radio so only Wi-Fi is connected. That works for me too.
    Just happened again.
    Solved temporarily by switching off only data from cellular connection.

If you go back to the first page of comments in this thread from two months ago you will find that this is precisely the workaround that people found worked for them at the time.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141

Though I'm not sure how that helps?

Because as I mentioned previously this issue only seems to affect recent OS 10.2.1.xxxx builds.

The more data we get, the more we know, the more we know, the more power we have to help get it to work or provide info to BlackBerry so they can fix it.

I don't care to indulge you on any more rants on the subject. We get enough ranting around here as it is.
    DanceHike likes this.
    04-25-14 01:21 AM
    Did he mention also if there's a fix coming soon?

I didn't ask. I had led him way off the topic of my outstanding ticket in two different additional questions and honestly was so grateful he had taken it all in stride and was so cheerfully and enthusiastically helping me, I did not even think to ask. I. just assumed it is on the known issues list with a future fix planned. I love my Z10 -both of them- and can deal with the bugs with easy "hacks" like this.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 03:04 AM
    If you go back to the first page of comments in this thread from two months ago you will find that this is precisely the workaround that people found worked for them at the time.

Because as I mentioned previously this issue only seems to affect recent OS 10.2.1.xxxx builds.

The more data we get, the more we know, the more we know, the more power we have to help get it to work or provide info to BlackBerry so they can fix it.

I don't care to indulge you on any more rants on the subject. We get enough ranting around here as it is.
    It is unreasonable to ask someone to sift through 23 pages of comments just to add a short interjection.

04-25-14 07:48 AM

I don't leave cellular data on when WiFi is on, neither do friends/family that have the issue (when I'm at home or work, WiFi is on and data isn't. When I'm out, data is on and WiFi isn't).
    Do you have any more 'workarounds'?

Also, I'm not ranting, I'm simply stating those workarounds/fixes don't work for me.

EDIT: BlackBerry have contacted me and asked for logs.
    Last edited by CJH_; 04-25-14 at 01:11 PM.
    04-25-14 11:36 AM
    I had the Limited Access error about 3 to 4 weeks ago and wasn't on the 10.2.1.xxxx update. I just got my update on 4/16 and haven't had that msg, crossing my fingers I don't.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2273 FINALLY !
    04-25-14 11:16 PM
    I have this issue too, the only workaround for my device is to switch airplane mode on/off

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:14 AM
972 ... 1617181920 ...