If Rim decides to license BB10, should they enter into a Microsoft/Nokia type of relationship or should they go through multiple vendors?
    A pairing between Sony and Rim would be a great match. Sony has the background and the expertise to put out some very nice products when it really wants to plus they can really give BB10 a great looking tablet. Don't get me wrong I love my playbook and can't wait to pick up a BB10 device, but was just thinking of what companies could benefit from a partnership agreement.
    01-25-13 04:38 PM
    Well it sounds like Lenovo is interested. I'm not really a big fan of Sony, but if it goes to multiple vendors I guess it could be cool. Personally I'd like to see HTC if it's gonna happen. They don't make their own software so it would kinda make sense.

I like your avatar
    DeaconFrost1098 likes this.
    01-25-13 04:58 PM
    Multiple vendors for sure. Compare Android to Windows/Nokia.

However they may want to lock it down more than Android.

Honestly, if they license BB10, that would be huge! Like forget about fighting for third spot, they would be aiming for number one again, and they could get it!
    01-25-13 05:02 PM
    I think it will be like how Microsoft deals with Samsung/HTC....very specific hardware requirements.

Won't be all loosy-goosy like with Android.
    01-25-13 05:04 PM

Honestly, if they license BB10, that would be huge! Like forget about fighting for third spot, they would be aiming for number one again, and they could get it!
    They are the 3rd spot...who are they fighting?
    01-25-13 05:04 PM

I disagree. I think they can go it alone and be very successful.
    FlashFlare11 and SDTRMG like this.
    01-25-13 05:05 PM
    I think it will be like how Microsoft deals with Samsung/HTC....very specific hardware requirements.

Won't be all loosy-goosy like with Android.
    I completely agree with you. Two manufacturers would be more than enough.
    01-25-13 05:25 PM
    Whether they will go it alone or start licensing BB10 out depends on how successful the launch will be. I am really hoping that the launch will be a big hit, so that RIM doesn't feel compelled to go any other alternate route with their phone sector; that they keep making both OS and hardware exclusive to BB. However, should things come to worse then I, like the OP, prefer to see a partnership of RIM with Sony.
    01-25-13 05:26 PM
    They are the 3rd spot...who are they fighting?
    They are fighting with Nokia/Microsoft. Although they are 3rd right now, they are in danger of losing it
    01-25-13 05:26 PM
    lenovo also make laptops...... Maybe the future also includes a laptop that runs bb10
    01-25-13 05:39 PM
    I disagree. I think they can go it alone and be very successful.
    I agree here. I think RIM is entirely capable of success on its own. That's how it became successful and I don't think it needs to license BB10 to competing smartphone vendors. Besides, RIM puts out beautiful hardware and it'd be a shame to see it go.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    01-25-13 05:43 PM
    the more the better... i'd welcome bb10 on sony, samsung, HTC, lenovo, nokia hardware you name it. the more bb10 the better!

i love the design aesthetics of lots of sony products. if they could produce a sexy bb10 phone with some sort of ps3 synergy/integration i'd have a briefcase of money for them on whatever day they chose to launch it.
    DeaconFrost1098 likes this.
    01-25-13 05:46 PM

That isn't a fair comparison. BB10 will never have that because they will charge for BB10 licensing. Android is a free for all, anyone can slap up an older 2.3 version on something then try and sell it for more than they paid. Doesn't mean it is good, but it definitely inflates the numbers.
    01-25-13 05:56 PM
    lenovo also make laptops...... Maybe the future also includes a laptop that runs bb10
    I gave that idea some thought to but that goes agains the mobile computing platform that Thor keeps on mentioning.
    01-25-13 06:11 PM
    I agree here. I think RIM is entirely capable of success on its own. That's how it became successful and I don't think it needs to license BB10 to competing smartphone vendors. Besides, RIM puts out beautiful hardware and it'd be a shame to see it go.
    This. RIM makes, in my opinion, the classiest-looking hardware in the industry. Nearly all of the Bold's are very good-looking, and I think the 9800/9810 looks quite good too (though I am biased). What we've seen so far suggests that the Z10 will be no exception, it looks excellent. I really hope they can go it alone so that we don't have to see this hardware disappear.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    01-25-13 06:17 PM
    I can see a Lenovo BB10 powered tablet way before a laptop.
    01-25-13 07:14 PM
    Lenovo makes a good China play, Sony makes a good shotgun play into appliances.
    01-25-13 07:29 PM
    That would definitely be great if they return to the top. I would rather see the smartphone market pushed forward by one of its pioneers instead of Apple and Google.
    01-26-13 12:11 AM
    Good one. I'm actually rooting for RIM and Microsoft. I believe both companies offer great products but are being overshadowed by the hype surrounding the other two.
    01-26-13 12:15 AM
    I hope rim dont sell his Hardware or Licensing his BB10. I want a BB device and Not HTC or so. And i believe that Rim can do it allone.
    01-26-13 05:05 AM
    when should they license it to other smartphone vendors?
    When they come begging.

#BB10Believe
    01-26-13 05:16 AM