I purchased and sideloaded OWM email using SNAP.
    Upon launching the program I get

"failed to contact Google license verification server, please make sure you have internet connection and have background data enabled"

The BB device (Q10) is currently wifi only, but wifi works for sure.

Is this a generic error or app specific error? (already contacted the developer)
    09-22-14 09:07 AM
    You purchased an app that uses google play services which is not available on BlackBerry. You likely won't receive any meaningful response from the developer except a refund

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    09-22-14 09:09 AM
    There is a way to get certain Android apps that require Google Play services to work on BB10. Do a search of the forums and there should be a couple of threads with step-by-step instructions. Now, this doesn't guarantee that your app will work but it may be your only chance. As stated, you bought an app that is supposed to run on Android with the intentions of using it on BlackBerry so I wouldn't expect too much help from the app developer.

The other option is to see if the app is available for purchase in the Amazon app store. You will more than likely have to repurchase it but all apps on the Amazon app store should have the Google Play services requirement removed.

Hope some of this helps.
    09-22-14 09:28 AM
    Well, my excuse is another CB user recommended the app/. I would like to try the amazon route, as I already have a Kindle.. Is there a similar applicaiton to SNAP to load apps from amazon vs google? I've read there will be official Amazon Store support in 10.3, but i don't believe that's out yet.
    09-22-14 09:57 AM
    Well, my excuse is another CB user recommended the app/. I would like to try the amazon route, as I already have a Kindle.. Is there a similar applicaiton to SNAP to load apps from amazon vs google? I've read there will be official Amazon Store support in 10.3, but i don't believe that's out yet.
    Just go to the Amazon site with your BlackBerry: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/mas/get/andr...UvbUpU10873006
    download and install it with the browser.
    NetComrade likes this.
    09-22-14 10:04 AM
    Just go to the Amazon site with your BlackBerry: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/mas/get/andr...UvbUpU10873056
    download and install it with the browser.
    This ^^^

The Amazon app store will come preloaded on 10.3 but until then, you can visit amazon.ca from your BB10 browser and install the app store from there. If you have an Amazon account, you can sign into the app store with it and it will remember your apps and purchases as well.
    NetComrade likes this.
    09-22-14 10:18 AM
    This is awesome. Thank you BB and Amazon. I remembered BB made it easy with android apps, but couldn't remember how (as I am still in the OS7 world). Thank you CB. Looking forward for that BB Classic. Just need to get the darn email to work.
    09-22-14 10:58 AM
    You will need to patch the apk with lucky patcher. Since you purchased from app it's OK to remove license checks...

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...atcher-947141/

I might be possible to load the patched play store but I had issues with that in the past.

Good luck

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154
    NetComrade likes this.
    09-22-14 12:27 PM
    I figured out how to do it, but I really did not like the app. I found another one.
    09-24-14 12:55 PM