I know we believe that bb10 is dead, but it isn't confirmed officially. We still have the chance to strike back. Let's bombard the twitter, YouTube and the crackberry site with the request to continue bb10 and give updates to its ART. We join hands, we rule everything. Who's with me??

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 11:59 AM
    08-01-17 12:08 PM
    So basically ask BB to invest a lot of money for people who don't want to buy their new phones, right? I'd hate to be that guy, but don't think that will work! I think it'll only work if they realise that by leaving BB10 we'll go to different brands and not to the Keyone! Which let's face it won't be the case! I was waiting for the Keyone and ended up getting a passport instead so after passport I'll go probably to a motorola X4! There are solutions for us! The problem with BB10 is that BB doesn't care about it's customers! That's just my opinion and I'm out!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 12:10 PM
    So basically ask BB to invest a lot of money for people who don't want to buy their new phones, right? I'd hate to be that guy, but don't think that will work! I think it'll only work if they realise that by leaving BB10 we'll go to different brands and not to the Keyone! Which let's face it won't be the case! I was waiting for the Keyone and ended up getting a passport instead so after passport I'll go probably to a motorola X4! There are solutions for us! The problem with BB10 is that BB doesn't care about it's customers! That's just my opinion and I'm out!

Posted via CB10
    I agree but it's just that bb10 is so addictive and fun. If only they have a better ART, it would probably be an awesome operating system. That's what I think. Wouldn't you want your passport to compete against your motoX4? Bcs I would love to!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 12:25 PM
    Why would BlackBerry care? They don't make phones anymore, buy whatever you want.
    08-01-17 12:34 PM
    I agree but it's just that bb10 is so addictive and fun. If only they have a better ART, it would probably be an awesome operating system. That's what I think. Wouldn't you want your passport to compete against your motoX4? Bcs I would love to!

Posted via CB10
    For the thousandth time, the Android Runtime cannot be updated - OHA rules strictly prohibit it.

Second, there is no one left at BlackBerry to do anything with BB10. They have all been let go, and are working elsewhere. The buildings have been sold, and the infrastructure repurposed.
    glwerry, anon(2313227) and merp23 like this.
    08-01-17 12:34 PM
    If I got a dollar for every time someone opened up a topic like this...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-01-17 04:14 PM
    Let's get a 3D printer and make our own BlackBerry Zowie!
    08-01-17 05:17 PM
    We join hands, we rule everything.
    Doesn’t really look like you rule anything at all.
    08-01-17 06:36 PM
    For the thousandth time, the Android Runtime cannot be updated - OHA rules strictly prohibit it.

Second, there is no one left at BlackBerry to do anything with BB10. They have all been let go, and are working elsewhere. The buildings have been sold, and the infrastructure repurposed.
    Is there anyone who can create like an app or something to update the ART? Like we had to download an app to fix the ART issue previously, if you remember from the bbworld. Isn't that possible?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 07:39 PM
    Is there anyone who can create like an app or something to update the ART? Like we had to download an app to fix the ART issue previously, if you remember from the bbworld. Isn't that possible?

Posted via CB10
    No, it is not possible. BlackBerry would have done it already if it was possible.
    08-01-17 07:53 PM
    No, it is not possible. BlackBerry would have done it already if it was possible.
    And even if it were possible (which it almost certainly isn't), only BlackBerry could do it. BlackBerry would not care to put in the effort.

The chances of this are slim and none and slim left town two years ago.
    08-01-17 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has already officially stated there will be no updates to ART.
    08-01-17 08:49 PM
    The hardware division is gone and the BB10 developer team has been fired. Any questions?
    08-01-17 09:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please read all the replies. Do you now understand what can't be done and why?
    08-01-17 09:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not possible.

If you need Android apps so badly, just buy an Android smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 01:46 AM
    Maybe it's time to put a permanent sticky here in the BB10 section that sums up the actual situation at hand as it seems to escape some people.

Inb4 BlackBerry releases 10.3.4 and everybody suddenly gets a piece of the usual buttery smooth performance and 10 day battery life following every update.
    08-02-17 05:05 AM
    Blackberry has already officially stated there will be no updates to ART.
    What's ART?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 05:40 AM
    What's ART?
    Android Runtime.
    08-02-17 05:42 AM
    A software update maybe?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 08:21 AM
    A software update maybe?

Posted via CB10
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/lets-strike-1117225/#post12977541
    08-02-17 08:41 AM
    What about an autoloader file?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 08:51 AM
    What about an autoloader file?

Posted via CB10
    For what?

It's not complicated - even if Blackberry had the resources, which they don't, they wouldn't be allowed to update the runtime anyways. Period.
    08-02-17 09:01 AM
    A software update maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Holy crap! NO. I've spent my entire adult life in software development / maintenance and I can tell you that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

If you did succeed in doing it the result would almost certainly be illegal. That's why BB never went beyond v4.3 was that it would be ILLEGAL for them to do so.

Is that clear enough?
    08-02-17 09:32 AM
    For what?

It's not complicated - even if Blackberry had the resources, which they don't, they wouldn't be allowed to update the runtime anyways. Period.
    So now how do we use the latest android apps??

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 12:17 PM
115 123 ...