I'm hoping in the future we can have the option for the LED light alert to only be on when the phone is in sleep mode. Now that we have instant previews, I feel that the LED blinking alerts are kind of redundant when I get an instant preview notification.

We have the option to turn LED off, but it's an all or nothing option. LED alerts are the most useful to me when my phone is in sleep mode when the screen is off. It allows me to know I got a message or phone call without turning on the phone.

Does anyone know if having the LED alerts only on in sleep mode will be an option in the future?
    03-27-14 02:23 AM
    LEDs may be redundant if you are looking at your phone when an instant preview comes in. But I don't always. So the flashing LEDs in various colors tell me what I have waiting to take care of.

As far as the LEDs just for bedside mode, I see that as too minor of a change to make in notifications and I would doubt much more is being done with them. Let's hope BB surprises us in 10.3 (oh wait...) and changes the notifications.
    03-27-14 06:44 AM
    I might have not explained the feature correctly. I'm not talking about bedside mode. I meant any time you turn off the screen or in other words in the lock screen with the screen off.

When the phone is sitting on my desk with the screen off, I would like to know when there is a message by looking at the LED instead of turning on the screen. If my phone is in silent mode it will not vibrate or ring so there aren't any other indications that I have a message. Also if I walk away from my desk and then come back to it the LED will let me know if I have a message.

This normally happens with the LED on but I just don't need the LED on when my phone is on and I'm looking at it. I only want the LED to blink when the screen is off. I'm hoping it will be an option because I understand that some people like yourself like it the way it is. For the way I use my phone the LED is redundant so I turn it off, but then I lose the LED when my screen is off.
    03-27-14 01:50 PM