Our company switched to mobileiron and they don't support blackberry, only windows, android and ios. I can download mobile@work from snap, and it connects halfway, but apparently not enough..

I really don't understand this mobile security, but simple question from simple man, is anyone's company using mobileiron and if it is, are you able to connect mobile@work, android app, to your company's servers and been able to get it work so that you can use work email/calendar from your blackberry?

I have been enjoying past few months with my first blackberry, but without being able to use my company's email and calendar, it is useless to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:15 PM
    Blackberry would have to send a device or have Mobileiron test their MDM software in a Blackberry 10 OS environment, in short, likely not going to happen. See if you company supports BES still. Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:32 PM
    Yeah.. so many good things in blackberry that it makes me sick even to think switching back to Lumia 920.

I thought I could use mobile@work app from android store to make mobileiron to think that this is android device.. it connects to server and asks username and password, but doesn't finnish compliance phase.

Passport is the best phone overall I have had.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:44 PM
    Same issue here with another MDM solution. Activesync is sadly no compromise for me.

What does your IT department say about that?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:52 PM
    They say that they are sorry but blackberry is not one of the supported devices. They told me the status of connection when I tried to connect mobile@work so they try to help, but it is out of their hands because someone made decision to use mobileiron. Before it was just Microsoft active sync and it worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:59 PM
    BlackBerry did open their devices for other MDMs to support. I don't know how that is going but at least now there is a possibility...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:11 PM
    Unfortunately this is the same case as me. Company uses MobileIron. Which does still have ActiveSync support for BB10; there is an info sheet on it I even showed them.

However my company keeps stating that for security reasons they cannot allow ActiveSync. It's honesty the only thing stopping me from getting a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:31 AM
    Someone smarter can explain what happened, but I was pretty much trying everything to get my work email syncing.. I downloaded touchdown email client from snap and vola my email, calendar, contacts and todos are syncing again.. and without mobileiron's mobile@work app. I don't know how and actually don't even care

It's not the same even by far as the build in email / calendar client, but it works. Syncs even with hub, I get a notification for new emails and meeting reminders. It's free for 30 days and then 20 dollars for license key.

So happy that I might even order that $150 holster.. only when you lose something, you really know how much it ment to you

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:10 AM
    Guys, a hint:
    Go for Mobile@Work version 5.6.0.0.84 instead of more recent ones.
    03-07-15 01:25 PM
    Guys, a hint:
    Go for Mobile@Work version 5.6.0.0.84 instead of more recent ones.
    Thanks. Email now works through email+ and mobile@work, but it didn't come with calendar client? Or how does it sync calendar?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:37 PM
    How do i go about in installing mobileiron on my blackberry?
    03-12-15 11:11 PM
    Install snap (android store). There are threads about it in here. It might seem harder that it is but installation guides here are pretty easy to follow.

There you can find mobile@work app and install it, but that is the newest version so google the version that was mentioned couple of posts earlier so it will work

I think you have to install snap in order to install other android apps.. not sure and if not you can straight google the mobile@work version mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 03:56 AM
    Hi, even if you use BlackBerry and your company uses MobileIron, you can still have email, calendar, contacts AND tasks working great. Let me explain...

MDM (mobile device management) platforms, i.e. Mobileiron, airwatch, BES10,12.. do not provide access to the email directly, but they all provision device with the required policies and profiles to enable access to the mail server... So you still need ActiveSync server to get your email., independently what MDM your company is using.

So, if you know the settings you company's activesync. Email server address, you can gain access to email....

HOWEVER, some more regulated industries / companies will have ActiveSync policy on MI controlled proxy (called 'Sentry') restricted so only registered devices will be able to gain pass through access. Also, your device is not managed, means none of the security policies will be applied, and that again can create issue with your IT department and security..

I hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    JCyinzer likes this.
    03-13-15 04:20 AM
    I just received an email last night stating that Mobileiron Sentry V7.0 was dropping support for BB 10 devices going forward, so if you are in one of those regulated industries that Ducca683 mentioned, you will be losing email as well.
    03-18-15 01:27 PM
    This is by far the best information I've been able to locate on the topic on all of the interwebz. Deserves a bump.

Any developments? My employer is moving from Good to MobileIron in a couple of months. Getting worried that I'll be forced to use iPhone/Android.
    07-16-15 08:33 AM
    This is by far the best information I've been able to locate on the topic on all of the interwebz. Deserves a bump.

Any developments? My employer is moving from Good to MobileIron in a couple of months. Getting worried that I'll be forced to use iPhone/Android.
    Bump... need Cobalt on the case
    05-04-16 10:07 PM