- CrackBerry Abuser
02-02-2013, 08:42 PM #57
- 282 Posts
Well, i haven't had a landline for 10 years, due to my circumstances currently I cannot do this with internet and cable/dish. But if I was not in an unique situation (too detailed to get into) I would do it in a heartbeat. Savings would pay for it . And now, since the browser is supposed to be so great on the BB10 , it would be a no brainer. But not everyone circumstances are equal. ymmv
- 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM #59
- 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM #60Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM #62Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM #63
Straight Talk Prepaid Airtime Refill Pin (US $45) | Crazy Game Time - Save More. Live Well. | CrazyGameTime.com
looks like it went up this month. Was 15% off for about 38-40 the last couple months
tmobile is the 30 plan where you get 100 minutes but unlimited everything else for $30
Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile
- 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM #64
- 02-02-2013, 09:06 PM #66Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM #68
- 02-02-2013, 09:26 PM #69
I think once the z10 gets to the US and the media charging cradle has been released this might be worth looking into. It probably could work for everything, god knows with the internet you can find just about anything you need.
- 02-02-2013, 09:31 PM #70
TV for Tablet Pro states otherwise but wish they had a free version to see first. Guess I'll have to hunt Crackberry or YouTube for a review.
Anyway I'm getting way off topic so I'll leave it at that.
- CrackBerry User
02-02-2013, 09:31 PM #71
- 37 Posts
Update to my situation.
Called Rogers tonight and got put through to the retention center. Was able to get Unlimited messaging, call display, voice mail, unlimited local calling, call waiting/forwarding and 3GB of data (LTE) for $57/month.
Nothing in comparison to what howarmat is paying haha. That's just the way it goes though when comparing prices of cellphone plans, gasoline, alcohol and clothing between Canada and the US!! But considering a few hours earlier the Rogers rep at the store said the best he could do in that price range was $55/month for 200mb.... I'll take it!
- 02-02-2013, 09:34 PM #72
- 02-02-2013, 11:14 PM #75
Remember that the original poster was somewhere in the 3rd World, ie a poor country.
Someone here in the forums recently posted a link to an article pertaining to the BIS situation in South Africa, where BIS also apparently means basically free data for legacy BBOS users. Here it is:
Goodbye BlackBerry Internet Service, African market could look elsewhere | News | HumanIPO
Here in a rich country the situation is quite a bit different. I remember it wasn't so long ago that people in less wealthy countries were still paying for terrestrial data by the megabyte and using modems instead of broadband. Some places still use mostly analog modems. People in online discussions are frequently rude to them telling them to stop complaining about the cost of something, being ignorant to the fact that the majority of people in the world today live on less than $2/day. Broadband cellphone plans for $50-$100/month are not an option for people in those conditions/places.
I could imagine Blackberry working on some other options for people in those places.
- By tk338 in forum Service OutagesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2011, 05:06 AM
- By Jaimy87 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 3Last Post: 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
- By chkenwing in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 9Last Post: 04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
- By walgarin in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 5Last Post: 03-21-2010, 08:09 AM
- By Rheopaipo in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 02-24-2008, 02:13 AM