CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Keyboard Shortcuts on the Z10?!? I know it will be available on the X10!

Good day CB Nation,

During last nights LIVE CB HQ launch in TO, a few questions were asked in regards to BB10 having Keyboard Shortcuts like we currently use on our BBs within the 'Messages' section. For example: 's' would bring up search, 't' all the way to the top, 'c' to compose, 'alt + u' to mark read/unread and so on...

Our fearless leader responded verbally through the LIVE broadcast saying that he was not sure if these Keyboard Shortcut keys would make it to BB10, but BlackBerry themselves have 'in a way' confirmed that they will be there for BB10 with Keyboards.

My proof? Click on the following or check out the pic Below:

https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...rinciples.html

Keyboard Shortcuts on the Z10?!?  I know it will be available on the X10!-bb10-keyboard-shortcut-keys.jpg

I'm a keyboard guy, but will be venturing into the Full Touch Z10 model because of the extra real estate on screen that i could benefiting from. What would be really cool is if these shortcuts would be implemented into the virtual keyboard as well, meaning, swipe up to make Virtual keyboard appear then use the letters (as mentioned above) to quickly search, compose, mark read/unread, go to top/bottom, flag, etc...

What do you guys think and does anyone know for sure if this is happening?!?

Thanks,
    MiG
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't think there's ever been a reason to not believe that these shortcuts would continue.
    bbecause it's bbetter
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes, maybe not, but my question is more about these shortcuts being available on a Virtual keyboard as opposed to only on a Physical keyboard.

Global Posts
    3,055 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

That picture is of the first dev alpha, and my understanding is they have eliminated the gesture to bring up the keyboard at will since then. It now only comes up when there's something to type.. so since it's impossible to launch keyboard when looking at the messages list for example.. it would be impossible to use a shortcut.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

^^^The picture says the shortcuts are for physical keyboard devices. Also nothing wrong with having the Dev Alpha A. Since it's on developer.blackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

I would be very surprised to see keyboard shortcuts on the z10, to use them you would need to bring up the vkb and would thus drastically reduce the amount of available space that could otherwise be used to zoom in or out via touch.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    I would be very surprised to see keyboard shortcuts on the z10, to use them you would need to bring up the vkb and would thus drastically reduce the amount of available space that could otherwise be used to zoom in or out via touch.
    It would be interesting if there were "gesture shortcuts" you could activate on the full-touch within native os applications...
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    I thought of that too, but it could still be useful for shortcuts that don't require zooming in/out..
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    It would be interesting if there were "gesture shortcuts" you could activate on the full-touch within native os applications...
    Now that would be ideal as a feature on the touch model to keep it equivalent with keyboard models when it comes to shortcuts.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Would be interesting to see what the Shortcutme and Quicklaunch app makers will come up with for the Z10. The X will have shortcuts.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Keyboard Shortcuts on the Z10?!? I know it will be available on the X10!

I will sure miss shortcuts if they leave. They are my favorite part of bb.
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    I will sure miss shortcuts if they leave. They are my favorite part of bb.
    +1
    CrackBerry Newbie

Keyboard is still here, (two finger swipe from the bottom), but as soon as you start to type something, it fills the search field. Too bad, I used shortcut a lot (n specially for next unread message)