Ok, so the world's favourite is obviously QWERTY, but that doesn't detract from the amazing speed advantages that Dvorak has.

During the rise of the smartphone, Dvorak users have cringed as smartphone manufacturers have neglected Dvorak layouts.

I think that as BlackBerry is clearly proud of their keyboards, and they very well should be, it would be absolutely wonderful to see them build a keyboard with a Dvorak layout for a Physical Keyboard and a Virtual Keyboard.

If Dvorak users knew that a particular smartphone had a Dvorak layout, I am sure that they would jump at the chance. It's not market share at all, but it is some. Some that would be very loyal for the very thing that BlackBerry prides itself on so very much, the keyboard!!

I know I have been wanting to make the switch to Dvorak for years, but have not, as my BlackBerry doesn't have that option, and I use my BlackBerry way more than my laptop (which has Dvorak, which I toggle on and off).

So, what does everyone else think? Is this a worthwhile feature? Is there any Dvorak users out there? If so, would a phone with a Dvorak layout (providing it was a decent handset spec and software wise) persuade you?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 08:54 AM
    Sure make it a download and be a virtual keyboard. But not a physical. Not worthwhile to gain the market share of 4 dudes

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:30 AM
    Sure make it a download and be a virtual keyboard. But not a physical. Not worthwhile to gain the market share of 4 dudes

Posted via CB10
    It would be better if built into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    jerobarraco likes this.
    05-19-13 01:41 PM
    Dvorak's keyboard claims are questionable and Qwerty is the standard, so I don't foresee it ever coming to physical form. However it would be nice to see the option.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    05-19-13 01:48 PM
    Would it surve a purpose on smartphones? Isn't Dvorak meant to enhance the speed/comfort of touchtyping on physical keyboards? What would the advantages be on a virtual keyboard on a phone where you hardly touchtype?
    05-19-13 02:10 PM
    Would it surve a purpose on smartphones? Isn't Dvorak meant to enhance the speed/comfort of touchtyping on physical keyboards? What would the advantages be on a virtual keyboard on a phone where you hardly touchtype?
    They would be less pronounced than they would be on a PC/Mac, but they would still have their advantages. Firstly, it would serve as an advantage as it would be familiar for the Dvorak users. They would no longer need to think much when typing, as the keyboard would be their preferred option.

Dvorak emphasizes usage of the home line/middle row. Tap your fingers along the middle row for 20 or so pretend clicks. Now tap them everywhere across the keyboard for the same amount. See how the middle row is more accurate and easier.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:19 PM
    Ive been using dvorak for some time now , and i really miis it on my z10. It'll be a nice addition. Even android 4 has it.
    12-14-13 12:57 AM