I would like to be able to copy/past without the need of touch the screen, because this menu after touch the screen is quite slow.
    I suppose it can done, but I don't know how.

Also, it would be good to be able to assign key shortcuts to system actions. Is it possible?
    Is there any list of keyboard functions/shortcuts?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 05:43 AM
    01-25-16 05:45 AM
    BlackBerry Classic but I understand that it should be generic for any bb10 device with a keyboard. Isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 07:26 AM
    For shortcuts and actions

Keyb shortcuts, i.e copy/paste key-img_20160125_213635.png

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 07:36 AM
    BlackBerry Classic but I understand that it should be generic for any bb10 device with a keyboard. Isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    If you use a Classic, there is the option to have copy and paste done with the toolbelt; just click the BlackBerry symbol and scroll ans see what applies...

Miss this option on PP and Q10 though!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 03:04 PM
    After a quick check, I see that the key short cut can open an app if the key is pressed in a BB10 native environment but it is failing from android apps.

Also the BlackBerry key is no displaying the toolbelt menu when is pressed on an android app.

As BB10 is over android, I understand that these things could be detected and managed to work as expected, but maybe BlackBerry considered it not worth...

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 07:06 AM
    After a quick check, I see that the key short cut can open an app if the key is pressed in a BB10 native environment but it is failing from android apps.

Also the BlackBerry key is no displaying the toolbelt menu when is pressed on an android app.

As BB10 is over android, I understand that these things could be detected and managed to work as expected, but maybe BlackBerry considered it not worth...

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    When I'm using a shortcut on my Passport it works fine for Android apps.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-27-16 12:20 AM
    Do u mean pressing a key during some seconds?
    Or a writing shortcut?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 01:07 PM
    Do u mean pressing a key during some seconds?
    Or a writing shortcut?

Posted via CB10
    Both.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-28-16 12:15 AM
    For example L key is associated to system Lock action, but if I press L for a while in an android app, system is not locked,
    However, if I do it from the BlackBerry hub or 'desktop' the screen will be locked.

Another interesting shortcut is removing lines from a text, I remember doing that action in palm+S using alt+delete

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:41 AM
    For example L key is associated to system Lock action, but if I press L for a while in an android app, system is not locked,
    However, if I do it from the BlackBerry hub or 'desktop' the screen will be locked.

Another interesting shortcut is removing lines from a text, I remember doing that action in palm+S using alt+delete

Posted via CB10
    You can't use shortcut inside an app. Either it's an android app or BlackBerry 10 app.

You can only trigger a shortcut on Hub, homescreen, and app list.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:04 PM
    What about key combinations?
    Is there any 'control' 'function' key to press before another key and produce a different function?

For example I cannot believe that I have to hold delete key to remove an entire line or even more without the need of touch screen or touchpad

A keyboard is a powerful tool that at leastshould be used as good as it was in previous generations of devices with keyb (palm,nokia, ...)

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 03:45 PM