One big "good" that BB has always had is the ability to decide whether Email remains on handheld AND computer, or just on computer, or delete from both. We can also filter Emails with detail. This is NOT available on Iphone or Android, at least no one I know has ever known how to do it! Will this feature remain on BB10?

The "bad" is the nuisance memory leaks requiring daily if not more reboots if using lots of apps. Will that be less frequent on BB10?
    11-21-12 01:10 PM
    For one I have no idea if that feature will be present on the new OS but my guess is that it will be. RIM has stated many times that they are taking all of the things we love about our current Blackberry's and improving on them with BB10. So we get a crazy awesome new OS that will do everything we want and more.

As for the memory leak issue and frequent reboots I am going to have to say that this is a non issue. Since BB10 is built on the QNX microkernel it will be an always on kind of system. Thorsten Heins mentioned in an interview that he hadn't had to reboot his BB10 device once in 8 weeks. The memory leaks shouldn't be a problem because QNX is also great at memory management. I can't say for sure that it will be amazing because my Playbook from time to time seems to have memory issues. So fingers crossed that BB10 will fix this. I'm confident that it will.

Anyway I hope I was able to help. We won't know much more until we have devices in our hands so we shall all have to wait.......patiently.....*sigh*
    11-21-12 02:04 PM
    I would be surprised if they got rid of the option to delete emails from server/handheld/both. To me, it's an excellent feature which I use very often. I had never really considered what a benefit it is to have it until I spent some time on the WPCentral forums and realized that WP8 (and maybe other platforms) don't offer it (for those platforms, does "delete" always/only mean delete from handheld AND server?).

As for the memory leaks, I haven't really had any issues there but would assume that rebuilding the entire OS on QNX would address it anyway.
    11-21-12 02:15 PM
    my Playbook from time to time seems to have memory issues. So fingers crossed that BB10 will fix this. I'm confident that it will.
    I personally have not had an issue with the playbook, I have not shut down or restarted my playbook in 6 months
    11-21-12 02:29 PM
    I would tend to think if other platforms don't encounter the memory leaks as we as BB users have, I would bet money on it, that this has been corrected and will not happen with BB 10. If others can do it, RIM can do it better!!
    11-22-12 05:05 PM
    I came searching for this question in particular. Since the PBOS is IMAP I'm wondering if BB10 will be as well. I use the delete from "Mailbox & Handeld" or "Handheld" option all of the time. I dont want my phone cluttered with email but still want it on my desktop when I get into my office. Fingers crossed.

One big "good" that BB has always had is the ability to decide whether Email remains on handheld AND computer, or just on computer, or delete from both. We can also filter Emails with detail. This is NOT available on Iphone or Android, at least no one I know has ever known how to do it! Will this feature remain on BB10?
    11-24-12 05:31 PM
    I came searching for this question in particular. Since the PBOS is IMAP I'm wondering if BB10 will be as well. I use the delete from "Mailbox & Handeld" or "Handheld" option all of the time. I dont want my phone cluttered with email but still want it on my desktop when I get into my office. Fingers crossed.
    The PlayBook supports more then just IMAP. BlackBerry 10 will support IMAP and others also
    battery likes this.
    11-26-12 07:42 AM
    I absolutely agree...I want to be able to delete from my device but leave mail on my desktop. My question though is this: Is this feature only available on BBs that are connected via BES? The Playbook, which only uses ActiveSync, does not offer this prompt. Any my company has already said that they will probably not upgrade the BES because BB10s can use ActiveSync. Ugh.

So will something be different on BB10 that offers up this prompt in an ActiveSync environment?
    01-20-13 09:35 PM
    I absolutely agree...I want to be able to delete from my device but leave mail on my desktop. My question though is this: Is this feature only available on BBs that are connected via BES? The Playbook, which only uses ActiveSync, does not offer this prompt. Any my company has already said that they will probably not upgrade the BES because BB10s can use ActiveSync. Ugh.

So will something be different on BB10 that offers up this prompt in an ActiveSync environment?
    My BB9900 has the prompt to delete from phone/server/both and its only connected to BIS... No special treatment for BES in the case
    We can only hope they can figure out a way to keep this function using activesync in BB10, i mean i hook my outlook to my web email and i can delete it from outlook and keep it on my webmail, i dont see any problems with them incorporating the same function with the usual prompt
    01-21-13 01:49 AM
    RIM certainly didn't do this on the Playbook. It uses ActiveSync just like Apple and Android do - no prompts to delete on the device only. That's why I'm thinking it may be a function of the BES/BIS...but I hope not. It doesn't look like my employer is in any hurry to upgrade our BESX to BES10...and I'll be stuck with the ActiveSync-only option.
    01-23-13 01:24 PM