I am loving all the bb10 updates but have just seen Jolla is getting a slide to lock feature, it's on the video at the link below. I have previously asked Michael Clewley if blackberry were looking at this and the reply was no, I have asked again yesterday as this is a feature I think should be simple to introduce as jolla have demonstrated and removes the reliance on the power button and allows one hand use more easily. Any thoughts?

[Video] Sailfish OS 1.0 Demo at MWC14 | Jolla Users Blog

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    03-09-14 01:33 AM
    I live my Z30, but I miss my N9.

These Jolla guys made the N9.

I will be buying a Jolla phone soon. (When they start shipping to Canada and the antenna supports my carrier)

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    Gerii likes this.
    03-09-14 01:36 AM
    I never use the power button. I just put my z10 in its holster.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-09-14 01:39 AM
    Can't wait to add Jolla to the arsenal.

Love slide to lock. Have been using it for years on Android.
    03-09-14 03:12 AM
    @OP I think your post is basicly more of a Jolla commercial. I like that you slide down after usage of the powerbuttonj to get your alarm clock on the Z's. The only thing I miss is the ability to customise row of icons on my Z30 I'm very nearsided but still I find that 5 rows is to few. (also the text is quite crisp at font 7 instead of fond eight) Wouldn't mind a higher res phone - smaller objects.

Other that that I noticed that Jolla doesn't have 4g which makes it a no go for me. IF THEY make an opdate and team BB stops phone making I'll probably switch to Jolla but I don't see that as an immidiate possibility.
    03-09-14 03:41 AM
    @OP I think your post is basicly more of a Jolla commercial. I like that you slide down after usage of the powerbuttonj to get your alarm clock on the Z's. The only thing I miss is the ability to customise row of icons on my Z30 I'm very nearsided but still I find that 5 rows is to few. (also the text is quite crisp at font 7 instead of fond eight) Wouldn't mind a higher res phone - smaller objects.

Other that that I noticed that Jolla doesn't have 4g which makes it a no go for me. IF THEY make an opdate and team BB stops phone making I'll probably switch to Jolla but I don't see that as an immidiate possibility.
    I disagree with your statement about the OP's post being a Jolla commercial. I too am tired of having to rely on the power button to lock my Z10....

@Draven not everyone has holsters. Most people don't.
    Gerii likes this.
    03-09-14 06:27 AM
    I have been asking about this feature since day 1 I got my Q10. If BlackBerry really wants you to keep movin with the supposedly "flow" gestures then they should at least give us a feature to lock the phone from the touchscreen. Having to move your hand to reach the top of the device just to lock your device is just destroying the "flow". If unlocking can be done by swiping the touchscreen, then locking should be able to be done from touchscreen too.

Posted via CB10
    bounce007 likes this.
    03-09-14 06:41 AM
    I just submitted this for a feature request last night in the beta app.
    sickyute likes this.
    03-09-14 09:19 AM
    Jolla is one sexy OS!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:20 AM
    I just submitted this for a feature request last night in the beta app.
    I have done this as well many months ago, hopefully if more people do this it may get implemented.

I think it should just be added as one of the quick setting options instead of rotation lock that I have never used but can't remove.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:07 PM
    I am loving all the bb10 updates but have just seen Jolla is getting a slide to lock feature, it's on the video at the link below. I have previously asked Michael Clewley if blackberry were looking at this and the reply was no, I have asked again yesterday as this is a feature I think should be simple to introduce as jolla have demonstrated and removes the reliance on the power button and allows one hand use more easily. Any thoughts?

[Video] Sailfish OS 1.0 Demo at MWC14 | Jolla Users Blog

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Getting it?

It's been there since day one.

They've just added a little lock icon to the animation to make it clear that this gesture locks the phone.

I've had my Jolla since December. It's coming along very nicely. It is still a bit buggy and glitchy for some and features yet to be added but they are moving in the right direction.

I really, really like Jolla's pulley menu system.

03-21-14 02:33 PM
    I have a Jolla phone, just installing update 1.0.4.20 - the out of beta release. But so far it feels far from the bb10 experience which is much more refined at the moment. But I like the concept, swipe and the other half etc. Had a N9 before. But a Z30 is my daily driver now. I'll keep myself updated regarding Jolla/Sailfish though. It could become great.
    03-21-14 02:45 PM
    Agreed. Jolla doesn't have the wealth of options/settings that BB10 has. BB10 is also more feature rich but it has taken them a year to get where they are now.

Jolla may only ever be a niche thing but I like it.
    03-21-14 03:17 PM
    Didn't realise it was there from the start. Glad you are liking your jollas and I hope they do well as it is more choice for the consumer.
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    03-22-14 12:59 AM