Good question. I hope it is true. The 'rack answer' that I found by web search of what is included:
    "This is a trimmed down version of the OS for testing purposes only but should give devs the extra tools they need to make their games/apps even more awesome."

Only BB wizard devs know the answer.
    So if it doesn't include japanese, we can hope it.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:06 PM
    Tech support said that they have no idea if or when there would be Japanese language support. I called hoping they had information, alas they had none. Then I looked here and thought I might add this little update.
    There is Korean support on my new Q10, but no Japanese or word if there will be Japanese.
    06-20-13 01:35 PM
    Z10 Software Release 10.1.0.273 supports Korean input. Still no love for Japanese input. Working at a Japanese bank in the US means keeping old BB devices limping along.....or going iPhone.
    07-09-13 12:35 PM
    this isn't completely related to this thread but is somewhat. when i receive korean text messages on my z10, they don't display properly. i get a mix of what looks like chinese characters, boxes/shapes (wingdings like characters) and korean to the point that i can't really tell what the message content is. i'm running a leaked os 10.2 if that would affect it... can someone help or at least confirm that i'm not crazy? thanks... if i can't fix this, it's a dealbreaker and i'll have to switch phones.
    09-11-13 07:39 PM
    sorry little english me
    Description of the setup will start in Japanese when I put the sim of DoCoMo OS10.2.
    Show me in Japanese and also appworld menu,.
    You can not enter.
    I remember the anger and suffering to understand.
    Surprise that Japanese is not supported by the smartphone market in 2013
    Only Japanese people do not use Japanese.
    :泣く:
    Japanese and Korean as input languages on BB10 keyboards-img_00000136.png
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-12-13 11:11 PM
    Q5 Japanese

09-14-13 12:21 AM
    So, what, you can see things in Japanese in app world but the actual game is in English?

Also, I don't have the time to watch that Q5 video up there, but can someone confirm it has Japanese input?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-14-13 08:50 AM
    So, what, you can see things in Japanese in app world but the actual game is in English?

Also, I don't have the time to watch that Q5 video up there, but can someone confirm it has Japanese input?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    No it does not. It's just an IME

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:56 AM
    I submitted feedback to Michael Clewley for you guys regarding Including Japanese language support in future OS releases. Whether they market the devices there it needs to be available for business/family/friends who need to speak in Japanese on their BlackBerry 10 devices.

CB10 - 10.2.0.1725
    09-14-13 03:39 PM
    I am surprised that they have Traditional Chinese as one of the input languages. I'm not complaining, but it is nice to be able toe write Chinese on the screen (Traditional kind) and input it anywhere.
    09-14-13 10:44 PM
    I submitted feedback to Michael Clewley for you guys regarding Including Japanese language support in future OS releases. Whether they market the devices there it needs to be available for business/family/friends who need to speak in Japanese on their BlackBerry 10 devices.

CB10 - 10.2.0.1725
    I also have reached out to Michael on twitter, and the basic Blackberry Help twitter. They need to know that their users need Japanese input capabilities, especially on a phone in 2013, and even more especially on a damn blackberry (they're known for this type of international business stuff!). I made the foolish mistake of simply assuming my new Q10 would have Japanese input capabilities considering my old Bold 9000 from 4 years ago did.

In addition, it makes absolutely no logical sense as to why 239 versions of Chinese input are available and Japanese is not. I saw a comment on the blackberry support page about this issue with BB10 not supporting Japanese, and they said they think it's because it requires too much time, money and effort to achieve. Logically, that makes no sense when given the fact that Japanese--like Chinese, Korean, and Thai, does not use the roman alphabet. If Chinese is available, hell, they use the same characters for much of the writing even. Therefore it is impossible to be some sort of time, effort or money issue.

Now, Korean is supported, when it was not at launch. This leads me to believe (and pray) that Japanese is still coming...why it's so late, we'll never know. But it HAS to be coming...they have languages available for input that are arguably considered MUCH less "major" of a language. I'll update here if I get a reply from either tweet. I'm really disappointed with this :-\ as silly as it sounds, I was really looking forward to pounding out messages (old Bold 9000-style) in Japanese again. (I've been using touchscreens for long enough).
    09-17-13 02:04 AM
    Update:

Unfortunately, Michael never got back to me (or hasn't just yet), and BBHelp tried to give me basic instructions for simply choosing Japanese as a display language, which we all know we can already do and is not what we are requesting. I was happy they followed up with me though, and politely explained that I needed the input capabilities, not simply display capabilities. Our conversation, after their first basic response:

"I appreciate the help! However, Japanese input is not listed. It's not in OS 10.1 or even OS 10.2. Is it coming eventually? Thank you!"

Their response:
    Hi Jon. You are correct. Japanese is currently not a supported language on OS10. We are unable to discuss unreleased software. Thanks.

To me, I still believe Japanese will be coming. It makes sense. Korean was not available until 10.2 (or 10.1? don't remember now) when it was added. Japanese is the only major language still missing. And, if you were inclined to be super optimistic, you could read further into BBHelp's response where they said "Japanese is currently not a supported language on OS10".

Regardless, I'm going with "it's coming" and I'm impatiently waiting. Very, very impatiently. Here's to OS 10.3? Please, Thorsten?
    codenorth likes this.
    09-18-13 10:32 PM
    Can someone please help me?

My Z10 is on Korean Display Language. My problem is with the time. It shows HH:MM AM instead of ?? HH:MM.

Everything else is in Korean.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:15 PM
    NVM, found the solution!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:27 PM
    Guys, just in case you didn't know yet, with the latest OS update we can now choose from a long list of input languages.

I for one am very happy I can now type Japanese without going through an app.

=)

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:37 AM
    I'm trying to sell an sta100-2 that i mistakenly purchased and a potential buyer is asking me if Japanese input is supported in the installed os, but i can't tell. Can someone let me know if it is listed in one of my screen shots?

Japanese and Korean as input languages on BB10 keyboards-img_20140222_165823.png
    Japanese and Korean as input languages on BB10 keyboards-img_20140222_165312.png

Z30 on leaked 10.2.1.2102
    02-23-14 07:11 AM
    Hi
    Japanese is the 5th row on the first Screenshot.
    02-23-14 04:00 PM
67 123