It is a sad day in deed. My company, after years of debate and product trials, has decided to move forward with Microsoft InTune for mobile management over BlackBerry BES. In addition, Microsoft will end support for EAS. This is the end of BlackBerry for me. With InTune BlackBerry devices will not be supported. BlackBerry had a chance, but it appears they are too late. I've held on, but all hope is now lost. InTune will only support MS, Apple, and Android. Looks like my next phone will be Windows 10 or iOS.

The decision came down to the cloud support for working across all devices with common MS apps like word, Excel. And one note. In addition the integrated file storage and sync capabilities of OneDrive.

I am going to miss BlackBerry. It was the only mobile OS and Hardware I truly liked and trusted. And no, I do not see me going to Priv. I cannot stand the thought of going back to Android; at least not now.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 04:25 PM
    Not quite sure what you mean about Microsoft ending support for EAS, especially since they've built the feature into many of their own applications and they make a decent amount of money licensing it.

Overall, it would appear that there is a rather legitimate reason for choosing the MDM package.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 04:48 PM
    Maybe this is the start point for a new Windows os phone. Enterprise Users and regular Users
    Last edited by paulsebastiant; 03-26-16 at 02:06 PM.
    03-25-16 05:23 PM
    It is a sad day in deed. My company, after years of debate and product trials, has decided to move forward with Microsoft InTune for mobile management over BlackBerry BES. In addition, Microsoft will end support for EAS. This is the end of BlackBerry for me. With InTune BlackBerry devices will not be supported. BlackBerry had a chance, but it appears they are too late. I've held on, but all hope is now lost. InTune will only support MS, Apple, and Android. Looks like my next phone will be Windows 10 or iOS.

The decision came down to the cloud support for working across all devices with common MS apps like word, Excel. And one note. In addition the integrated file storage and sync capabilities of OneDrive.

I am going to miss BlackBerry. It was the only mobile OS and Hardware I truly liked and trusted. And no, I do not see me going to Priv. I cannot stand the thought of going back to Android; at least not now.

Posted via CB10
    Wish I saw this post earlier... seems my co may also go the MS InTune way... with all enterprise customers jumping ship BlackBerry won't be able to develop a sustainable hardware licensing business. Personal users and die-hard fans of the BlackBerry pkb can't even make a minute difference because enterprise was always the reason d'etre for BlackBerry. GFE and the suite of Good apps are perceived by most IT managers as outdated and users consider the interface archaic. As a user of GFE I can safely say that the interface is so poorly designed that it is offensive... it is the one reason that has prevented my migrating to a Priv from my current Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 03:51 PM
    As a user of GFE I can safely say that the interface is so poorly designed that it is offensive... it is the one reason that has prevented my migrating to a Priv from my current Passport.
    The interface isn't as bad as it was, is it? It at least went from horrific to sort of bad.

Where I work we just started offering the choice of native mail/calendar via AirWatch or GFE. Users are free to register for one or the other and switch whenever they want. It will be interesting to watch how many choose one or the other.
    10-15-16 03:56 PM
    The interface isn't as bad as it was, is it? It at least went from horrific to sort of bad.

Where I work we just started offering the choice of native mail/calendar via AirWatch or GFE. Users are free to register for one or the other and switch whenever they want. It will be interesting to watch how many choose one or the other.
    I am just a user and don't get involved in the direction our IT takes... coming from a Passport GFE on my Priv, and my Dell Venue has been worse than what I had on my Palm Treo years ago... I am unable to copy paste within the same email due to a GFE design flaw that is unique to the Android environment. Good/BB has acknowledged this problem but they will not do anything to resolve the issue since GFE reached EOL about a month or so ago... another 11 months and they will also no longer provide any service. I am also unable to open email attachments as simple as pdf... The BlackBerry service rep suggested I use GFW instead of GFE but the decision is not in my purview anyway... I am not familiar w AirWatch so can't comment. I know that our IT is now vetting InTune w Outlook and other MS suite of apps and we are likely to walk away from BES12 at the end of this year.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 04:35 PM