Started happening again 2 days ago.....

Limited Wifi Access.

Are you kidding me?? This hasn't happened in like 2 months, and I assumed it was all cleared up!

Nope....now back to getting it like 6x a day...but only on my home network.

So, back to turning off my mobile data again when at home....

Will this annoyance ever get FULLY resolved?

Sent from my Q5
    05-11-14 09:59 AM
    Oo I get it too. I was thinking it was my own wifi problem. What does it mean?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:02 AM
    Don't blame the phone. It's either your router, modem, ISP or a combination of all three.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:03 AM
    No its not.

The reason this happens is because your phone tried to connect directly to BB, and when it doesn't get that "hit/bite" it doesn't recognize that your wifi is in fact working.

It's not people's routers etc...

If that was the case, this problem would not be affecting people globally, w different ISP's, routers, speeds, connection types.

Also this does not happen when you turn your mobile data off.

It's a well known glitch in the BB10 OS.

Please...before you state that it's "your connection", do a search in the forums....

You will be amazed what you can find before assuming something.

Sent from my Q5
    05-11-14 10:09 AM
    This happens to me too. I toggle my wifi off then on to fix it. Annoying. Doesn't happen to me very often though

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:24 AM
    I've never had this issue on any of my BlackBerry 10 phones. WiFi is a ***** on the playbook though.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:30 AM
    Yeah I get this problem randomly. My WiFi on my Z30 is **** compared to other phones when connected.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:34 PM
    Never had this issue on my Q10, Z10, PlayBook, 9810, 9700, or 8530. Is it possible that there is a dodgy radio stack, or that there's a commonality in the wifi setup for everyone that's having issues? Is it possible that the wifi channel in the area is clogged with different networks all using it and the handset doesn't have the interference tolerance to handle it?

There are enough bad consumer grade wireless access points and poorly configured business ones that wifi can be problematic no matter what device.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:59 PM
    Maybe interference... had issues with netgear router

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 06:01 PM
    Never had the issue here.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-11-14 06:16 PM
    It might be your device trying to assign itself an IP address. Try manually assigning an IP for your phone that is compatible with the router. make sure all other settings are correct too.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 06:21 PM
    No its not an ip issue.

Turn off mobile data, wifi works flawless. Turn on mobile data, wifi gets limited etc etc..

It's a very well known issue from months back.

I thought it had been cleared up, but apparently not.

My BlackBerry devices (q5 and z30) have this issue, however none of my other 8 wifi devices do not.

Search for the huge thread w page upon page of ppl w the same issue... its disheartening and annoying.

Sent from my Q5
    05-11-14 06:26 PM
    I have this issue on my Z30 too. I also only have it at known places in my house where i get the weakest wifi signal. I have never once had it when the wifi signal was strong.

Also, it clears up when I move from a weak signal location to the strong on its own.

And hence my assumption that it is related to the wifi signal/interference. If it is a know device/software issue is there a knowledge base article from BB? Just asking, anyone know? BB is usually very good at acknowledging if it is a bug.

G
    05-11-14 06:31 PM
    It might be your device trying to assign itself an IP address. Try manually assigning an IP for your phone that is compatible with the router. make sure all other settings are correct too.

Posted via CB10
    Could be part of it. I use static IP addresses and hard set them on my router (I lock my home network down by mac address).

With 2xZ10, 1xQ10, 1xQ5 and a half dozen dev alphas. I haven't had this issue now or previously.

The rare times my phone says limited - I see the verification from my monitoring tools that the network was indeed down at the time (outgoing). Usually for me it's because I use unblock.me and they are rebooting a DNS server or something.

With that said I can fix it by toggling my DNS over to Google or adding it as an option 3 for DNS routing. But if it does that I loose the US IP temporarily when the Google DNS is being leveraged. So I prefer for my network to retry in that event.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-11-14 06:33 PM
    I've had it happened to me twice after the big issue as a notification .. but didn't affect my connection.. FWIW

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 06:36 PM
    I have this once each day. I didn't know it was an OS problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 06:37 PM
    I only get that when we are downloading music.. streaming music or watching videos.. maybe playing xbox also online. But i only get 6 Mbps at my house. Other then that.. i never see it.
    05-11-14 06:40 PM
    I went into my wife settings for the connection and selected 2.4 ghz instead of both.
    Seems to be better again.
    It worked well for a couple of months before the problems too. Really weird
    05-11-14 09:51 PM