i guess people would know if they had the device. but people comment without owning the device. which leads to people being wrong.

and i rest my case about being wrong.

lemme spell it out real simple, because obviously most people on this thread do NOT have a device, which means you cant try anything yourself and go `oh, but you can` or `crap, your right i cant do that`. sadly those people still try and comment as if they know though, which doesnt do anyone any favours.

In the hub, you can either use the main view (called `hub`) which enables you to view EVERYTHING all in one list. think kinda like on a 9900 when you can see you multiple email accounts, FB, Twitter, BBM, SMS etc all in the one messages app.
    OR (and this is important) you can use the menu on the side and `drill down` to that particular account, be if fb, or just one of your multiple email accounts.

So you get to look at everything or one `inbox` at a time, completely your choice. but heres the real cool part, with the hub view where you have the ability to see ALL of the accounts, if you jump into the settings you are able to disable individual inboxes (fb or twitter or a certain email etc) from being in that main `hub` view. this DOES NOT stop you from viewing the `drill down` view for those inboxes, it simply means they wont appear in the main list. So everything is visible ALL of the time, but it doesnt have to be visible in the main hub view.
    Now, to me, that is a lot better than having several different email icons cluttering up my screen.
    02-02-13 11:09 PM
    See:
    He is having a conversation; same applies to you.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 11:09 PM
    He is having a conversation; same applies to you.
    No, he is not. It's his first post in this thread. He came in here to do nothing but complain about the thread.
    02-02-13 11:15 PM
    OP, thanks for taking the time to post the list.
    02-02-13 11:15 PM
    No, he is not. It's his first post in this thread. He came in here to do nothing but complain about the thread.
    He gave him a quality point. OP has made his mind up and the person was just ensuring that returning it and investing in a "quality" device was a good idea.
    02-02-13 11:17 PM
    OP, thanks for taking the time to post the list.
    Why? It's riddled with inaccuracies and plain stupidity. Half the stuff he said wasn't possible was due to him being too lazy to actually check the settings. When corrected, he repeats the same thing a page later, leading me to believe that he either can't read or he's a troll.
    02-02-13 11:19 PM
    I didn't see anywhere in the original post where it said that customer service or tech support was contacted to get help. It is a new operating system. The first time I picked up a BB, it took me for ever to figure things out. Lots of googling and reading and things were eventually resolved. I'm sure this will also be the case with the Z10.

Give this thing a bit more that a few hours. I know, everyone will say they have, but I would expect it to take several days of on and off playing. Maybe weeks before you are fluent with the unit. Rome was built in a day.

You said you 7 days, how days has it been since you got the Z10?
    02-02-13 11:20 PM
    fair enough
    02-02-13 11:20 PM
    17 is the worst for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    you can solve this issue at the server side, in gmail case in settings under imap section
    jesse_h, thekidshop and battery like this.
    02-02-13 11:21 PM

27. you STILL can't swap email accounts when forwarding a message

---
    can you do this on IOS or Android? never tried it on either one
    You can on IOS, and I actually do use this sometimes, don't recall if my BB Storm had this or not.
    02-02-13 11:23 PM
    You can on IOS, and I actually do use this sometimes, don't recall if my BB Storm had this or not.
    ok , do not think it was possible in previous BBOS versions
    02-02-13 11:26 PM
    Regardless of a few items that were deep inside settings or simply user preference, there are still a crap load of features that BlackBerry has removed from OS 10 that most if not all BlackBerry OS 4,5,6,7 users have become to rely upon. Sure, software updates and such are expected down the road, but what the **** was the delay to "perfect the OS" for?
    mount.zed, PJD642, h20work and 2 others like this.
    02-02-13 11:26 PM
    Regardless of a few items that were deep inside settings or simply user preference, there are still a crap load of features that BlackBerry has removed from OS 10 that most if not all BlackBerry OS 4,5,6,7 users have become to rely upon. Sure, software updates and such are expected down the road, but what the **** was the delay to "perfect the OS" for?
    Never mind the 5 gens that apple took and it still can use somethings.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 11:29 PM
    with out trying to be disrespectful if you do not know how programming for mobile devices works, is hard to explain how perfecting the os took so long.
    jesse_h and bb10_fan like this.
    02-02-13 11:29 PM
    As is the case with all tech issues, 20% are legit concerns, 30% is just user preference, and the other 50% are users not learning the device well enough. Seems roughly to be the case again here.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 11:30 PM
    Nothing has been removed... It has yet to be added. Jeeez guy, it launched 4 days ago
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 11:31 PM
    Nothing has been removed... It has yet to be added. Jeeez guy, it launched 4 days ago
    Many can not comprehend the concept. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 11:33 PM
    It should have launched with these features from day one. Do we forget this is BlackBerry's last chance?

I'm out.
    02-02-13 11:36 PM
    Are are assuming too much. If BlackBerry wanted to be just another iPhone or Android phone they would have included all these extra toy like features in the initial release. If you want want a toy phone then I am sorry the Z10 is not for you and you should be buying something along the lines of an iPhone or Android device as they would better suited for your needs.
    02-02-13 11:41 PM
    It should have launched with these features from day one. Do we forget this is BlackBerry's last chance?

I'm out.
    Should BB have pushed the launch back again?
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 11:41 PM
    And btw, you "label" your gmail messages by filing them in the respective IMAP folder, or maybe you haven't figured that part out yet
    jesse_h and bb10_fan like this.
    02-02-13 11:46 PM

8. opening a tenth App closes a previously opened App. It should ask you before closing the other App.

NN
    Okay, why do I keep seeing and hearing people complaining about this.
    1) Who the h ell has 10 apps open?
    2) What other phone offers true multitasking that you are complaining may I ask?

Not trying to make this a personal attack towards you by any means, but come on.
    Vorkosigan and jesse_h like this.
    02-02-13 11:49 PM
    You must have a different playbook than mine. I can attach anything in the native email app within the messages app itself. No files and folders or anything. Can also forward an email from a different account. Don't have the phone yet, but don't know how can be that different from playbook?
    02-02-13 11:53 PM
    ok , do not think it was possible in previous BBOS versions
    Yes, you can swap email accounts when forwarding on OS5. I just did it on my Storm 2.
    02-02-13 11:58 PM

6. the Z10 runs damn hot. You can fry an egg on it.

8. opening a tenth App closes a previously opened App. It should ask you before closing the other App.

33. battery life is as disappointing as you feared - about 12 hours tops, with sensible use
    Cause (8) >>>>> effect (6, 33)
    02-03-13 12:25 AM
470 ... 56789 ...