- 02-05-13, 11:40 PM #427
- 02-06-13, 06:03 AM #428
Well I got my Z10 on the release day here in London, and I too have som issues with it. I would like to comment first your post.
The device got hot only after starting it up, then it doesn't get hot at all, I hold it in my hands the whole day.
The mail forwarding correction is indeed there if you are in the HUB, and now you can actually edit and delete everything, this was not possible on my BOLD 9900
The cursor for correction works great, but coming from the scroller on the bold, well, it was better on the bold
The tilt is a bit slow, and doesn't react as accurate as I would like, but really similar to the playbook
Overall coming from a bold and used to the qwerty keyboard, I would says that this phone is the best typing ever I have tried on a touchscreen and I am very happy with it. Keyboard on Z10 is just so clever.
Things I really miss on the BB10 - Auto ON/OFF, where is that function ? I can't believe they didn't include this, I am hoping it will be there on the next update, as this what makes a blackberry different from the other phones.
Encryption of the SD CARD? - not present, but if you go to HELP, the function is described in there, but it is not in the actual phone , I miss that too
Very annoying - if someone is calling you , and you don't have the number in the CONTACTS, it is very difficult to TEXT the person, on my BOLD you could do it easy, really miss that.
It seems that they were in a hurry to release the phones, which is understandable , but I wish that they will bring back the core blackberry functions as I think that most people who are dedicated to blackberry would miss these, I know I do. I would like to add that I have blackberry service in my contract, and if the blackberry service logo is not displayed on the top(sometimes it happens because of network problems), then I can't access internet through the browser, I don't get emails , exactly like on my old BB, I am assuming that everything is still running through the blackberry server.
I also miss the battery % and the battery doesn't last long at all, as bad as on the Iphone 5, but at least we can remove it and replace with a spare.
- 02-06-13, 06:14 AM #430
The camera is fine, it doesn't really like when the light is low, but then you can use flash. But hey, the camera on my old BOLD was sooo bad, I am really happy with the Z10 camera I really hope they read these forums, and update the OS
- 02-06-13, 05:34 PM #434
I agree with all of your points and fixes. Took me 3 day's to figure out I needed to generate an application specific password for Gmail as I've 2-step verification turned on plus I'm supposed to put my Gmail settings into the Exchange Activesync box. The worst things for me are: random keyboard freezes and my twitter account shows up twice in the Hub. The duplicate doesn't show in settings!
- 02-06-13, 05:41 PM #435
Auto on/off was said to be coming soon. Most cell phone camera sensors don't like low light, photos have a yellow tinge. The camera is missing auto white balance and the filters aren't a patch on pixlr express on Android (I side loaded it).
- 02-06-13, 05:49 PM #436
And the Hub has too many steps, needs fewer and could be more intuitive. BUT, I'm not giving up my Z10 - you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
- 02-08-13, 07:14 AM #438
Maybe not relevant but, here is how I "solved for me" this push problem. I know that current situation with gmail is not so good, but I've this.
1. add new account
2. choose advanced button
3. Microsoft exchange active sync
4. fill your gmail details by following this iOS guide
5. use push
After, edit your account and select which folders you want. I can confirm that marking mail as read on device, also marks it on gmail server and vice versa.
- 02-08-13, 08:08 AM #439
- CrackBerry User
02-09-13, 05:45 AM #440
- 37 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
complaining about seperate icons for work email
should of took out a business plan and made your company upgrade to BES for blackberry 10
that way you can switch work and personal easily
no more hub issues for work emails
your fault not blackberry
- 02-09-13, 06:34 AM #441
Not sure if this has already been mentioned: But if you try to use the calculator too quickly after launching it, the input will stop working until you close and relaunch the calculator app.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-09-13, 11:49 AM #443
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Workarounds for #9 and #22
Not sure if these have already been posted as I didn't have time to look through all 18 pages but here goes...9. the battery % number has been removed! The current battery icon is too small to tell the difference between 30% and 15%.22. new messages - why the heck couldn't you have some small icons in the status bar at the top of the screen? Why force us to swipe/double-swipe all the way to the Hub to see what messages, in which mailboxes, have come through?
Hope that helps! : )
there's a whole bunch more **really really really annoying things** that have come to light :-(
1. keyboard glitch bug. This HANGS the keyboard - the only fix I have found is a reboot. I think, but not sure, that it's activated by trying to select a red-underline (spelling mistake) word but slightly missing the touch point. The keyboard then seems to die. You can tap the keys, but nothing appears on screen. Has happened about 5 times in as many days.
2. there is no "resend" function for emails/texts that have not sent
3. there is no contact memory i.e. the phone will not suggest contacts based on people you have previously messaged. Admittedly this has never been a feature on BB, however, it is a feature on every other modern device in existence
4. when you write a very long text piece e.g. in Calendar, the text box doesn't automatically go to the end of what you've written, should you subsequently try to edit it
5. which brings me onto a massive bug.. if you write too much in the Calendar app, despite allowing you to write it, when you save that calendar entry the app will TRUNCATE what you have written, without a warning
6. a nice bug that meant the volume up/down screen overlay got stuck i.e. it sat on top of everything and would not fade. Solution? Battery pull.
7. the "restart" function that's meant to stop you having to physically pull the battery out works only 50% of the time
8. you can't scroll over i.e. drag your finger a video in the browser without said video automatically playing
9. there is no longer a way to choose the size of the photo file you send in an email or text
10. in fact, there is no longer a way to choose what size/resolution of photo you take in the first place
11. emails get "ticked" automatically, making you assume they have been sent. Check back later - often the tick is replaced with a clock = email didn't send. Complete fail as an email client that you can rely on.
12. multiple text messages are linked together into one - cool, every device for the last 8 years has been able to do that. What is BB's take on it for their next gen O/S? You get the text message alert and vibrate for each individual message in the link! So 3 messages linked together? 3 beep beeps and buzzes. Smooth, RIM, smooth.
13. wondering why your battery is fading so quickly? Use the charger plug that came in the box. If you use USB, or an old BB plug, it doesn't give the Z10 battery the amps it craves. Did RIM think to point out this critical detail in the box, or instructions? Of course they didn't.
Why is this so ******* annoying? Why does it rile me so? Because in 7 DAYS I have found so many huge bugs with a flagship O/S and device, that was delayed for 2 YEARS while RIM perfected it. Literally thousands of RIM developers must have played with this device and platform over the course of those 2 years and yet none of them loved their work enough to FIX these extremely.. EXTREMELY.. simple bugs/glitches/missing-features.
You should be ashamed RIM, ashamed.
- 02-11-13, 06:14 PM #446
It's users like you, that are lucky enough to own a Z10 and point out some bugs, that will help this bran new OS to mature more rapidly than others.
I don't own a z10 YET, but with all the "things" that go into a mobile OS, I think the BB10 devs should stand up and take a bow
I was a BB user for years and am really excited to get back to my beloved BB.
- 02-11-13, 06:24 PM #449
do you think Android was released with out bugs.glitches NOPE
was Ios released with out glitches Nope.
all NEW OS's come out with problems, what we are experiencing is the thing with being first we are the guinea pigs
NOT A FAN BOY Realist
- 02-11-13, 06:33 PM #450
- By Y-man in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 05-22-11, 04:22 PM
- By thug4life in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 15Last Post: 08-23-09, 08:54 AM
- By Livingwithpassion in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 15Last Post: 02-16-09, 12:47 PM
- By thepoolguru in forum Other Carriers WorldwideReplies: 5Last Post: 10-22-08, 05:17 PM
- By the ants in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 07-20-08, 01:18 PM